Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,406 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! (23936 Views)

4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria / Let's Expose The Various Strategies Required To Make Money In Nigeria. / Lets Expose Scammers Here, Please Read Before You Transact: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by OpsE1: 2:37pm On Dec 02, 2008
I decided to raise this topic to expose many fraudsters parading themselves as legitimate businessmen in Nairaland. I have been scammed several times by these terrible guys and I think we should start exposing them to prevent them from further scamming more guys in the house.

The intention of the owner of this website is for exchange of ideas that will help us grow collectively and not for some few elements to take advantage of others.We need to stop these people.

Please, share your experience if you have encountered any of them before.It's time we stop them.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by kokorunna(m): 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2008
Well done for posting this topic, shame them grin grin grin
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by OpsE1: 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2008
Nairalanders, please beware of Godwin Ibeh of INTERNET CASH TECHNOLOGY with nairaland username[b] internetca [/b].

He parades himself as Liberty Reserve, E-Gold and E-Bullion dealer and is using that to dupe people.

I fell into his hands while trying to do some Liberty Reserve transfer and I lost 100k.

Please, beware he is a Scam.

1 Like

Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by naijacutee(f): 4:49pm On Dec 02, 2008
That's the same guy whose posts I keep deleting to prevent people from being scammed. He also has multiple id's on this forum, hence I'll advise everyone never to do wusiness with all these liberty reserve/e-gold etc people on NL.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by MrCrackles(m): 4:50pm On Dec 02, 2008
Scammers are scum of the earth angry angry

They deserve to rot in the most ferocious part of hell fire

them go hear when for this nairaland!!! grin
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by xposure(m): 5:23pm On Dec 02, 2008
There is no way we will stop talking about scammers on forum. Please feel free to name manes of people who have promised you heaven and earth but disappeared after collecting your money.

My clients tell sme so many ugly stories of how they have been scammed before meeting me.
The world of information marketing is rewarding but there are many fraudsters giving us bad names.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:18pm On Dec 11, 2008
you'd be surprised how many scammers are deeply interested in responses they get from nairaland.
If you think your exposure campaign will do anything negative, that is where you have got it all wrong, they are not here to scam you directly, they are here to distract you while they setup some other mugu on or off nairaland in truth, your responses qualify their actions.

1: They get a prospective mugu on their own site or list of 'inter-connected' sites (bunch of scam sites setup to rail-road a mugu into dropping)
2: Owning to the ever-growing popularity of nairaland on google search, be it forex, condoms, oil and gas, aviation, soludo, ribadu, internet cash, ebullion etc. they can trust their mugu to read tips here where they would have in some period made actual contribution to threads relating to matters the mugu is interested in. this is where all those obvious scamming threads originate, to give some credibility to the original scam poster with his mugu.

anyways, there is one i fear in e-spirit and would not like to meet in physical. Intelligent, Tech-savvy and Intelligent. the kind of scammer you will everly drop as a mugu whether you like it or not. damadsuite

http://www.scamfraudalert.com/f8/union-national-bank-www-unblogin-com-6453/
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by edimalo(m): 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2008
guess this is the best place to put things staight
there's this ipminvestmentnetwork of a thing dat promises wonder bank type of returns.
same with harris investment .
same design,
same blog details.
any one with info on this guys
or
anyone done deals with them and can confirm.
drop a post here
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by allboyz(m): 9:32am On Dec 23, 2008
scams on NL?

na true?

who and who?

we need Nairaland Mobile police board
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by cnnnigeria: 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2008
Steve Ogar is also one of them
I requested for loan below was the mail he sent to me and he duped me a sum of N20k.
BE careful so that you won't transact any business with him, yours might be more than that.
He has alot of post about loan, oil & gas, Visa collection and some others.
HI,
THIS IS ALL YOU WILL REQUIRE:
1.2 PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS
2.A CURRENT ID.
3.SCANNED COPY OF YOUR SIGNATURE.
4.LETTER OF APPLICATION FOR THE LOAN
ADDRESSES TO:THE MANAGER,FIRSTINLAND BANK,3 ARMS ZONE,ABUJA,FCT.
5.COPY OF CURRENT UTILITY BILL.
6.LETTER FROM A GUARANTOR,
7.10% DOWNPAYMENT ON THE LOAN,WHICH WOULD BE PAID BY YOU INTO AN ACCOUNT OPENED WITH YOUR DETAILS.

YOU ARE EXPECTED TO SCAN THESE DETAILS AND MAIL THEM TO ME.
YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE OPENED AS SOON AS I GET THE DETAILS.

AFTER YOU HAVE PAID THE 10% DOWNPAYMENT,YOU WILL BE SENT A
LOAN FORM WITH WHICH YOU WILL FILL ALL REQUIRED DETAILS.

PLS CALL 07025170574 IF YOU REQUIRE MORE DETAILS.
THANK YOU.

STEVE.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by zheroes(m): 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2008
i want to believe the monies paid to these mosquitoes were paid into a bank account, why arent you guys posting their bank details? and it seems to me that banks arent really helping cos one can open a bank account so easily with ten differnt names so these mosquitoes dont have problems opening bank accounts to carry out their fraud.

with a fake local government letter you can open an account, most especially since these banks are so in need of customers, i can even bring my dog to the bank and open an account for it, its that bad!!!!

1 Like

Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by answer2008(m): 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2008
what i want to say is dat.its not possible to say dat people should not bye a product,but the problem there is dat the person dat scam mension his/her username so dat every one should know.thanks
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by jamace(m): 11:29am On Dec 26, 2008
Hello all.
This issue of fraud is getting too much on NL. For instance, one JOHN UKAN who claims to be selling Liberty Reserve has duped me of #19500. I paid this sum since 26 November 2008 and he has not funded my account till date. His user names on NL are EXCHANGE, NAIRAGO, etc. I can't understand why Nigerians always use good things in the negative ways. Prayer warriors in the house, please pray that these crooks will change their ways.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by naijacutee(f): 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2008
I think I must have deleted up to 50 or more of this John Ukans posts.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Jalal(m): 10:58pm On Dec 27, 2008
So this harris investment is a scam?
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by OpsE1: 7:12am On Dec 28, 2008
Jalal:

So this harris investment is a scam?

Before nko
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 03, 2009
I was scammed by a guy here. I heard about $250 egold which i sold to him, he disappeared with my money after i sent the egold. Whenever i call him to ask about my money, he puts the phone earpiece in his cd speaker. Till today, i am yet to see a sign of the exchange in my bank account. Really, i have gotten over it. I forgive him for what he did to me cuz during that period i wanted to use the money and add to the one i have to buy a new laptop at Computer village. What he did was unfair. He made me miss a laptop i've already priced and dreamed to own. Thank God, i later go another money and bought a new laptop. But unfortunately, the initial laptop i was to buy was more better specs and cheaper than this one. May God judge him.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by IGWEUSA(m): 9:16am On Jan 03, 2009
bigmodo:

I was scammed by a guy here. I heard about $250 which i sold to him, he disappeared with my money after i sent the . Whenever i call him to ask about my money, he puts the phone earpiece in his cd speaker. Till today, i am yet to see a sign of the exchange in my bank account. Really, i have gotten over it. I forgive him for what he did to me because during that period i wanted to use the money and add to the one i have to buy a new laptop at Computer village. What he did was unfair. He made me miss a laptop i've already priced and dreamed to own. Thank God, i later go another money and bought a new laptop. But unfortunately, the initial laptop i was to buy was more better specs and cheaper than this one. May God judge him.

@bigmodo
Bigmodo, Abeg take am easy. I no believe say pesin go fit scam You. shocked shocked
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by honeric01(m): 9:32am On Jan 03, 2009
POST THEIR NAMES, PHONE NUMBERS, ACCOUNT INFO, EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM, THEN WE CAN HELP FISH THEM OUT, YOU CAN CATCH THEM RED HANDED (ONE ON ONE) WITH THEIR BANK INFO,
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by fojames(m): 11:27pm On Jan 03, 2009
yeah na tru talk.

Guys abeg post all necessary details

including account no, phone, name etc

That's the only way to fish them out,
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by onlinejack(m): 4:22pm On Jan 04, 2009
It is only GOD that willl help us fellow and genuine forumitters. I've an important contribution to make tomorrow. I just banged into this post just now.

This post is really worth the while.

Great stuff.

Thanks alot to you.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by UNIB(m): 11:57pm On Jan 05, 2009
[/quote][quote author=honeric01 link=topic=202818.msg3298852#msg3298852 date=1230971565]
POST THEIR NAMES, PHONE NUMBERS, ACCOUNT INFO, EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM,  THEN WE CAN HELP FISH THEM OUT, YOU CAN CATCH THEM RED HANDED (ONE ON ONE) WITH THEIR BANK INFO,
, you're are right, at least the bank can answer some questions  to the es tent   the manager will be afraid  not to loss his/her career
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by NaijaEcash(m): 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2009
shocked God have mercy!
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by becky4real(f): 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2009
Let's try as much as possible to avoid being scammed again, though some of these scammers will always have their ways, but the only way to avoid it is not to do business without seeing or knowing the person you are dealing with or some thing to show that they are for real especially when it involves big money. That is how all these yahoo,yahoo boys make their money.
Since we know the kind of country we are in, lets tell them that dog can't eat dog.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by blissfullynaughty: 4:20am On Jan 11, 2009
@ Naijacutie,

Shebi you moderators can see the IP Address of everyone. Block all the IP addresses of the scammers (and keep doing so as often as necessary).
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by blissfullynaughty: 4:24am On Jan 11, 2009
By the way, why isn't this useful thread on the Front/Main Page of Nairaland? angry
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 14, 2009
The rule is simply; if it is too good to be true it is. Always ask yourself why a complete stranger would want to help you become very rich.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by naijacutee(f): 11:55pm On Jan 14, 2009
rickky421:

The rule is simply; if it is too good to be true it is. Always ask yourself why a complete stranger would want to help you become very rich.

I concur! - Especially in this Nigeria. . .

blissfullynaughty:

@ Naijacutie,

Shebi you moderators can see the IP Address of everyone. Block all the IP addresses of the scammers (and keep doing so as often as necessary).

Most of us can't see IP's and ban. . . We send ban requests to Seun, and he carries out the banning.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by dustydee: 8:51am On Jan 15, 2009
harrisinvestment is a scam, I am a victim.thankfully I didnt commit alot of money and they just bought their way into poverty
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by jamace(m): 11:48pm On Jan 15, 2009
Haba, how can you fall for Harrisinvestment that nearly everybody including my humble self have been shouting scam, scam, scam? Any way, sorry o.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by dustydee: 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2009
i didnt see ur warning,allah cry
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by hidee101: 2:06pm On Jan 20, 2009
yes. they are all around even in my area gosh! you can't count them i don't know who can help me get them i willing to release some of them to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale / How To Find Sort Code Of Any Bank In Nigeria / Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.