Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. (151593 Views)

Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy / HEARTBREAKING: Lion Eats A Man In Front Of His Family / Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2014
109. Michael Brown Sr., yells out as the casket carrying his son is lowered during the funeral service of Michael Brown in Normandy, Missouri on Monday, August 25, 2014.

110. Venezuelan beauty queen and student demonstrator Genesis Carmona, 22, is carried away on a motorcycle after being shot in the head during a protestin Valencia, Venezuela. Carmonadied shortly after.

111. A group of nearly 250 immigrants, mostly children, trotted across the U.S.border near the Anzalduas International Bridge in early June before sitting on a bridgehoping to be arrested and taken to shelter for a better life.

112. A girl lights a candle during a vigil to protest the gang raping of two teenage girls, in New Delhi, India.

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
Wow sile12 wow just wow cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
113. Invitation to honour a hero that has no one.

114. A fellow veteran pays respects to Cpl. Nathan Cirillo who was shot and killed by Michael Zehaf-Bibeau on Oct. 22.

115. Father’s Mourning: A heartbroken father’s reaction on death of his two children during shelling by Syrian Forces at al-Ansari area, Aleppo. 2013.

116. Power Nap: Laborers in Chongqing Municipality, China taking a mid day quick nap on road.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
117. Nerve gas attack: Alleged use of chemical weaponsby President Bashar al-Assad’s forces on rebel-held districts of the Ghouta region east of Damascus resulted in death of more than 200 people including innocent children.

118. Sandy Hook massacre: Family members of Ana Grace grieving at the launch of the Sandy Hook Promise in Newtown, Connecticut.

119. The three Swales sisters were each already engaged, but decided to push the ceremony earlier and have a joint wedding so that their terminally ill mother Becky could be apart of it. Sadly, Becky Swales passed away just twelve hours after the ceremony, but her daughters were able to fulfill her final wish of seeing them walk down the aisle.

120. Ashley Davisson’s mother Patty was diagnosed with cancer five months after her daughter got engaged. Unfortunately Patty’s health worsened in the time leading up to the wedding, so she was unable to attend in person. Thanks to modern technology, Patty was able to attend the ceremony and reception via Skype from her hospital bed. This heartwarming photo shows her watching her daughter and new son-in-law share their first dance together as husband and wife.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by staggerman(m): 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
This world needs to be transformed. May the Lord come quickly and make all things new.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2014
121. Grieving Women in Kenya: After more than a dozen houses torched in an attack at Kibusu village, Kenya by armed raiders, women consoling each other.

122. Famine victim. Somalia, 1992.

123. Sudan, 1993 - Famine victim in a feeding center.

124. Hutu refugees were struck by cholera and buried in mass graves. Zaire, 1994.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 3:14am On Dec 06, 2014
127. A well-nourished Sudanese man steals maize from a starving child during food distribution at a humanitarian aid feeding center in Ajiep, Sudan in 1998.

126. The one-year-old daughter of SSG Joshua Melton at his funeral. The daughter reaching out for her dad.

127. Starving Mongolian Woman:This was published in National Geographic in 1913. Mongolia was newly independent. A common punishment for criminals was being placed in a box like this in public… possibly until death by starvation.

128. A Concentration Camp Mass Grave:The Nazis killed 50,000 people at the Bergen-Belsen camp before it was liberated in 1945 (Anne Frank was among those slaughtered). “Mass Grave 3” shows camp doctor Fritz Klein standing among the dead. He decided if prisoners should be sent to the gas chamber because they were unfit to work. He was later hanged for his atrocities.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 06, 2014
129. Faith in Humanity: Cop talks down a suicidal man to change his mind.

130. Us soldier dragged on the street of Mogadishu, Somalia. 1993.

131. Recovered weapons from Rwanda's genocide,1994.

132. Some locals taking law into their Hands, lynched 4 students. Nigeria, 2012.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
133. Anna Fisher, astronaut, with stars in her eyes on the cover of Life magazine in 1985. She was the first mother in space.

134. Violinist, Nancy Dinovo, cries while playing during a Memorial service at Christ Church Cathedral in downtown Vancouver for the September11 victims.

135. 100 monks praying for a better world.

136. A cop discharging a Pepper-Spray on a little innocent girl during a public protest. Niterói, Brazil, 2011.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 20, 2014
137. Former Philippine first lady Imelda Marcos kisses the glass coffin of her husband, late dictator Ferdinand Marcos, March 26, 2010. The former Philippine leader has remained unburied since his death in 1989.

138. An ethnic Tibetan monk throws the body of a child onto a funeral pyre in a ditch in Jiegu Town of Yushu County, Qinghai province, after an earthquake registering 7.1 on the richter scale hit the area. April 19, 2010. Over 1,400 people died in the disaster.

139. President Barack Obama walks off stage in the rain after urging the crowd to go to their cars, Monday, June 31, 2010, during a Memorial Day ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Illinois.

140. A 15 year old German soldier named Hans-Georg Henke cries after being captured by the US 9th Army on April 3, 1945. He was a member of the German anti-air squad and joined after he lost his father in 1938 and his mother in 1944. He joined to support himself and his world was crumbling around him.

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by bighead1(m): 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

[size=14pt]so touching.

I see the sons of men, but all i see in them is their inhumanity to their fellow human,

Imagine a world where our defense budget outruns our poverty alleviation budget
A world where the rich robs the poor of his rights, money and even his life.
A world where you can hardly make it unless you dip your hand in dirt.
A world where we ourselves can not find answers to why we do what we do.

I weep for the generations yet unborn.
[/size]

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 20, 2014
bighead1:
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

so touching.
Sorry broembarassed

6 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2014
A picture is worth a thousand words indeed. sad

These photos got me thinking deeply now.

Seun,TheRealMrStan e.t.c please do the needful.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nobleval:
A picture is worth a thousand words indeed. sad

These photos got me thinking deeply now.

Seun,TheRealMrStan e.t.c please do the needful.
That is it bro, that's the world we live in..
I pray o, if the thread can be considered and moved FP.

2 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by kayalla(f): 4:39am On Dec 21, 2014
@OP this is nice, u got tear streaming down my face in the office. so touching.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 21, 2014
kayalla:
@OP this is nice, u got tear streaming down my face in the office. so touching.
Am sorry for bringing tears to your eyes Sis..Just to know what's going on in our World.

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 21, 2014
141. Bystanders react as victims of a bomb blast arrive at the Asokoro General Hospital in Abuja, Nigeria. April, 2014.

142. Ifeoma Nwoye of Nigeria is carried away by her coach after she lost her women's freestyle 55kg wrestling semi-final at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland, July 31, 2014.

143. Palestinian children hold guns as they celebrate with others what they said was avictory over Israel, following a ceasefire in Gaza City in this August 26, 2014.

144. This soldier is about to be deployed and he's saying goodbye to his newborn daughter. It's a powerful example of the sacrifices our nation's bravest make everyday for us to live.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Natasha2(f): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2014
This thread is just wonderful, It should be on front page, very emotional pictures.
Just want to say this, most people don't appreciate our army, perhaps because of their brutality, but they are so many gentle men amongst them, they have feelings just like the rest of us, they have families who they cant wait to reunite with, they go through stuff that you and I can't even imagine, even with the bad eggs in their midst they are still worth celebrating. I realized its only when you have a loved one in the army that you realize the worth of these men. I remember when my bro first went to the Defence Academy I was like bye bro no one will miss you,cos we used to fight a lot then. grin Needless to say how strongly I missed him, prayed for him everyday waiting patiently for his return.

Thanks for this thread op.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 22, 2014
Natasha2:
This thread is just wonderful, It should be on front page, very emotional pictures.
Just want to say this, most people don't appreciate our army, perhaps because of their brutality, but they are so many gentle men amongst them, they have feelings just like the rest of us, they have families who they cant wait to reunite with, they go through stuff that you and I can't even imagine, even with the bad eggs in their midst they are still worth celebrating. I realized its only when you have a loved one in the army that you realize the worth of these men. I remember when my bro first went to the Defence Academy I was like bye bro no one will miss you,cos we used to fight a lot then. grin Needless to say how strongly I missed him, prayed for him everyday waiting patiently for his return.

Thanks for this thread op.

Nat, I think its only in Africa that we have soldiers/security agents brutalising civilian/violating human rights to the highest peak. Don't think its like that in the United States or other developed countries, they respects civilians and civilians respects them too there. But we scared of them here because we hate them for their brutality. With a little mistake, you will be given a punishment meant for the gods with your apologies. Kudos to the gallant men anyway.

8 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Natasha2(f): 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2014
Sile12:

Nat, I think its only in Africa that we have soldiers/security agents brutalising civilian/violating human rights to the highest peak. Don't think its like that in the United States or other developed countries, they respects civilians and civilians respects them too there. But we scared of them here because we hate them for their brutality. With a little mistake, you will be given a punishment meant for the gods with your apologies. Kudos to the gallant men anyway.

You're right I guess.

Mods should take your threads to the front page. I'm really tired of seeing rubbish making fp, its refreshing to see topics like this, cos the craps that make fp makes you wonder if there are nice threads at all.

5 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Emmyk(m): 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
So touching pictures...the kid holding her dad tho.cry

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2014
Natasha2:

You're right I guess.

Mods should take your threads to the front page. I'm really tired of seeing rubbish making fp, its refreshing to see topics like this, cos the craps that make fp makes you wonder if there are nice threads at all.
Smiles, thanks sis....
I pray o if them fit push am FP....
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
Emmyk:
So touching pictures...the kid holding her dad tho.cry

Like seriously.... embarassed
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Natasha2(f): 6:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
Sile12:

Smiles, thanks sis....
I pray o if them fit push am FP....

You're welcome dear. And keep praying grin
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
Natasha2:

You're welcome dear. And keep praying grin
grin I will...
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by flashyoba231(m): 12:06am On Dec 23, 2014
No.12 and 15.....so touching...
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by loadux(f): 7:22am On Dec 23, 2014
wow op well done had tears in my eyes from reading this
thank you
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 23, 2014
loadux:
wow op well done had tears in my eyes from reading this
thank you

Tanx 4 d comment, but pls stop crying... embarassed
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
145. Faith in Humanity: 343 firefighters died trying to rescue/save lives. Tuesday, 11th September, 2001.

146. Painter on the Eiffel Tower by Henri Rivière, 1889.

147. A ten year old Polish girl named Kazimiera Mika mourns over her sister's body. She was killed by German machine-gun fire while picking potatoes in a field outside Warsaw, Poland, in September of 1939.

148. Mom adds sandbox to Boy's Grave so older son can play with his Brother.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 24, 2014
149. Cellphones and communication devices found in the rubble from the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center are displayed as part of a new exhibit marking the 10th anniversary of the attacks, at the Newseum in Washington, DC, as seen August 31, 2011.

150. Blood-stained shoes worn by Linda Lopez as she evacuated from the 97th Floor of Tower 2 on September 11, 2001 are seen in this photograph before becoming a part of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum in New York August 22, 2011. Linda Lopez was at work at the Fiduciary Trust Company on the South Tower's 97th floor when the first plane crashed into North Tower, sending a fireball past their window and radiating a heat that she said felt like being sunburned. There was quickly a sense of confusion: Was it a bomb? Were the rumors that it was a plane crash true? Should people in the South Tower ignore the advice coming over the public address system to stay put and evacuate instead? Lopez felt she had to get out. She had reached only as far as the 61st when she was thrown against a wall as the second plane crashed into the floors above her. Taking off her shoes, she continued to head down the stairs, passing firefighters heading in the opposite direction. She ran barefoot out of the building, across broken glass and other debris. "Lady, your feet are bleeding," someone said to her asshe paused a few blocks away in relative safety. She put her shoes back on, and began learning the details of what it was she had just escaped from. The museum, which occupies seven stories below the ground of the World Trade Center site, is still being built at the site of the fallen towers. It is due only to open in 2012, on the 11th anniversary of the attacks. (Reuters/Lucas Jackson).

151. In a cemetery outside Vilnius, Lithuania, Vladimir Gavriushin sits at the grave he built for his daughter Yelena on July 25, 2011. Yelena was one of the nearly 3,000 people killed on September 11, 2001. Gavriushin has buried rocks from ground zero under these tombstone towers, far from the place Yelena died, a place he can no longer afford to visit. And so, as the 10-year anniversary of the terrorist attacks approaches, he mourns for her here, at his own ground zero. He remembers frantically calling his daughter that day amid the terrified crowds in Brooklyn, where he was at the time, "She never answered." (AP Photo/Mindaugas Kulbis).

152. A view from above, the New World Trade Center construction site (Right side) and the National September 11th Memorial and Museum (Left side, the two 4sided holes/pools were the foundation of the two destroyed towers, where the twin buildings once stood. The holes/pools goes about 40ft below the earth surface) in New York's lower Manhattan, on August 24, 2011. New York marked the 10th anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center with ceremonies on September 11. (Reuters/Lucas Jackson).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 29, 2014
153. Faith in Humanity : To serve and protect.

154. Eiffel Tower under construction, 1888.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Comandclem Patentees Assembly / How To Check The Status Of Your National Identity Card (NIMC) Online / Today Free Select Sure Matches, Bet9ja Booking Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.