Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. (151565 Views)

Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy / HEARTBREAKING: Lion Eats A Man In Front Of His Family / Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 8:02am On May 04, 2015
Pictures are great memories,touching n inspiring to make the world a better place,thanks Op,it finally made fp after many months
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by expozey(f): 8:02am On May 04, 2015
When peace like a river attendeth my soul; when sorrow like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot
thou hast thought me to say
"it is well it is well with my soul"

Who am I to complain when I've not experienced even a tiny fraction of what so many lived through?
I take courage and gain motivation knowing that in all of this there are still individuals with good hearts who try to make the world around them better.
Thanks for this thread, Op.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by omojeesu(m): 8:04am On May 04, 2015
THE WORLD INDEED IS COMING TO AN END. THE SITUATION WILL WORSEN UNTIL JESUS COMES TO BRING A NEW ORDER, GOD'S OWN ORDER. BEFORE THEN THE FALSE AND ANTICHRIST WILL COME TO DECEIVE THE WORLD INTO FAKE SOLUTIONS THAT PERMANENTLY AND ETERNALLY DAMN THE SOUL. PLEASE LET'S COME INTO CHRIST NOW. BLESS YOU ALL.

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Jabia(m): 8:05am On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

The war stopped cos your progenitors ass were thoroughly whipped while your coward rebel leader stole one of Biafra women wrapper and took to his heels. What a coward!!!

The idiocy and greediness of your worthless and senseless progenitors were what led to the war and the result of the war.

Are your Biafra states ok today? If your answer is no, then your Biafra Nation won't make any difference cos the same corrupt and shameless Igbo leaders would still lead you and your failed likes in the new Biafra.

The only region suffering in Nigeria today is the East. They are the only one running from poverty in their land to other regions for a better life while others stay in their regions cos there is nothing to run to in the East; think abt that fool.

Is this really necessary here? Isn't it words like this that have largely contributed to the tragedies this thread has reminded us about?

How long are we going to continue this way?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Jaycool18(m): 8:08am On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

The war stopped cos your progenitors ass were thoroughly whipped while your coward rebel leader stole one of Biafra women wrapper and took to his heels. What a coward!!!

The idiocy and greediness of your worthless and senseless progenitors were what led to the war and the result of the war.

Are your Biafra states ok today? If your answer is no, then your Biafra Nation won't make any difference cos the same corrupt and shameless Igbo leaders would still lead you and your failed likes in the new Biafra.

The only region suffering in Nigeria today is the East. They are the only one running from poverty in their land to other regions for a better life while others stay in their regions cos there is nothing to run to in the East; think abt that fool.

you're the only fool here

4 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 8:08am On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

Why do you want to spoil this wonderful thread

8 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Deiok(m): 8:10am On May 04, 2015
This thread is powerful.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by chukxie(m): 8:18am On May 04, 2015
Compelling photos that speak million words where the pen fails. Nice word, Op!
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 8:18am On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

Any Story abt Biafra makes some pple go mad jst like this lunatic. upon all the touching story ,the one that caught your eye is the biafran war. but let me assure you the jews of isreal they are indestructible.

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by MistadeRegal(m): 8:22am On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

I respect this thread with profound respect but I hate to see lies being rubbed on my face and shunned out to people as truth. I have chosen to counter this false story being shunned out with true version of the story.

Books have been written by foreign Journalists who witnessed Nigeria Civil War and I ll humbly ask you to pick these books to read instead of reading the ones written by the likes of Chinua Achebe and Other Igbo writters; all written out of emotion and tribal sentiment.

The man who facilitated the involvement of France and Portugal at the side of Biafra Nation against Nigeria state wrote a book in which Ojukwu was held responsible for 80% of those heart-trending pictures of Igbos.

Ojukwu, in his bid to garner world sympathy towards Biafra struggle decided to use the death of his people as a war propaganda of which the world powers were able to see through.

The obvious questions you and your likes chose to ignore are:

1). How come Ojukwu and his soldiers looked well fed at the time of these Kwashokor pictures being taken?

2). How come Igbo elites both political and military with their families were well fed in the midst of all this?

3). How come Biafra soldiers choose not to kill Nigerians in a war that lasted for 3 years with white South African pilots mercenaries bombarding Nigerians from the air?

4). How come Biafra were so keen in taking pictures(if not for propaganda) than fighting their enemies?

5). How come we never see the pictures of Nigerians who were mercilessly killed by Biafra soldiers? Nigeria Govt has no intention of using it as propaganda.

6). How come Biafra soldiers chose not to commit genocide against Nigerians in the midst of all the genocide against their people? I presumed cos they were too nice........

Finally, the world chose to ignore this genocide rhetoric coming from the Igbos cos they witnessed it all. Biafra committed as much crime as their Nigerian counterparts and that was/is why that has never been any criminal case against those who were involved in Nigeria Civil War.

Regardless of how much anyone tried to rewrite the true event of what happened, the truth ll always prevail.

Thank you.

I've never wanted to pass any comment on this thread because all I see here dried saliva off my mouth. But nevertheless, I think you should try and find out more about the Nigeria/Biafra War. Because I see you need to know more.
Thanks
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by oyin01(m): 8:27am On May 04, 2015
staggerman:
This world needs to be transformed. May the Lord come quickly and make all things new.
Another stupid comment from an underachiever who.wants d lord to come now..... I wonder what you have achieved yet... Wake up n live on d bright side of life. FYI, Christ Will not come even in d next 25 years... Besides, how have you affected life with the Christ in You. Smh.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Ariyke: 8:36am On May 04, 2015
So touching embarassed
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by victorazy(m): 8:38am On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

The day u travel to another region for greener pasture will be the last day u see the sunlight. I dey vex here for the picture I saw where healthy man stole the corn of a dieying man and he was crawling following and begging him cos he had no stength to even stand.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by willykitty01: 8:41am On May 04, 2015
@ OP, great post you got out here......learning from history not to repeat them. Whaoo the picture of the soldier cuddling his child(an infant)....quite touch, the strong do have emotions too
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by handsometokunbo: 8:45am On May 04, 2015
victorazy:

The day u travel to another region for greener pasture will be the last day u see the sunlight. I dey vex here for the picture I saw where healthy man stole the corn of a dieying man and he was crawling following and begging him cos he had no stength to even stand.

I have lived half of my existence on earth in Abuja and been to at least two to three states in each region of Nigeria except North West and North East.

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by kurt09(m): 8:51am On May 04, 2015
Speechless! Commentless! Typeless! That's how this thread made me feel....
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by handsometokunbo: 8:52am On May 04, 2015
Jaycool18:
you're the only fool here

The only fool here was d guy who uploaded the pictures of Nigeria Civil war and branded it as genocide against Igbos.

There are people who has natural phobia for lies and I m afraid to tell you that I am one of those guys.

If we all keep quiet where lies are being traded as truth, then history might repeat itself and foreigners that come here might base their judgement on those Igbos lies.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by handsometokunbo: 9:00am On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

Why do you want to spoil this wonderful thread

My Friend, I had initially stated it in the first paragraph of my first post about my profound respect for this thread and I have no intention to derail this thread in any form but someone has to speak out against evil and lies being branded as truth.

If someone somewhere has spoken out against US war/propaganda against Iraq state in their bid to oust Saddam Hussein, who knows? Millions of those dead and living Iraqis would/might have been saved.

Thank you.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by victorazy(m): 9:01am On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

I have lived half of my existence on earth in Abuja and been to at least two to three states in each region of Nigeria except North West and North East.

Just because of this ur comment "The only region suffering in Nigeria today is the East. They are the only one running from poverty in their land to other regions" u will never achieve ur aim outside ur region, u will grow poorer ouside ur region (mark today's date)

2 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Medinat20(f): 9:04am On May 04, 2015
Natasha2:
This thread is just wonderful, It should be on front page, very emotional pictures.
Just want to say this, most people don't appreciate our army, perhaps because of their brutality, but they are so many gentle men amongst them, they have feelings just like the rest of us, they have families who they cant wait to reunite with, they go through stuff that you and I can't even imagine, even with the bad eggs in their midst they are still worth celebrating. I realized its only when you have a loved one in the army that you realize the worth of these men. I gremember when my bro first went to the Defence Academy I was like bye bro no one will miss you,cos we used to fight a lot then. grin Needless to say how strongly I missed him, prayed for him everyday waiting patiently for his return.

Thanks for this thread op.

Am still waiting for my fiance he is in sambisa forest..even though we argue a lot..he s my bestie..I miss my gossip mate

2 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Csami(m): 9:07am On May 04, 2015
It shows too many emotional pictures like the girl asking the pope that question even the most brilliant person has no answer to. It also show that there's no justice in this world.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by handsometokunbo: 9:07am On May 04, 2015
victorazy:

Just because of this ur comment "The only region suffering in Nigeria today is the East. They are the only one running from poverty in their land to other regions" u will never achieve ur aim outside ur region, u will grow poorer ouside ur region (mark today's date)

You are cursing your generation and future generation simply cos I countered the lies being branded by your kinsmen as truth.

However, I am financially blessed already and millions of your poverty stricken idiotts can't do anything about it.

I live in UK at moment; Born and raised to age 8 in US (Ask your Yoruba enemies d meaning of my name fool).
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by robosky02(m): 9:07am On May 04, 2015
Medinat20:

Am still waiting for my fiance he is in sambisa forest..even though we argue a lot..he s my bestie..I miss my gossip mate

just go there and rescue him and become a hero
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 9:08am On May 04, 2015
Medinat20:

Eyaaah, he will surely come back safe and sound.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Haishophem(m): 9:11am On May 04, 2015
What a touching thread....the world will be a better place to live in if we all learn to show some love irrespective of the color, and race... was more touched by George Stinney's story
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 9:12am On May 04, 2015
yungryce:
U finlly made it to FP, sile12, my nirlnder of d year

Thanks, dedicating the FP to Ishilove, Obinoscopy, other mods, Tdayof, Redoil, Dreamcome2ru, Natasha2, yungryce, and to those that have contributed. The World belongs to us all, lets love one another, no to Racism, and No to Xenophobia. Much Love.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 9:21am On May 04, 2015
I didn't drop a single tear since I started this thread last December until this morning when I started going all over it again. Im down.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by bxcode(m): 9:32am On May 04, 2015
himkers:
If you don't drop a tear, then you are stone hearted grin
Am telling youembarassed
I can't help but roll down some tears. It's up to us to make the world a better place.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Jossylard2(m): 9:35am On May 04, 2015
War,what is it really good for,absolutely nothing ----Jackie Chan.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 9:42am On May 04, 2015
I viewed this thread around 4
I cried so hard I had to go to bed immediately and even now I can't think of a comment to make
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 9:46am On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

You are cursing your generation and future generation simply cos I countered the lies being branded by your kinsmen as truth.

However, I am financially blessed already and millions of your poverty stricken idiotts can't do anything about it.

I live in UK at moment; Born and raised to age 8 in US (Ask your Yoruba enemies d meaning of my name fool).

what are u doing in another man's country looking for greener pasture. That shows you have nothing to offer us here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Comandclem Patentees Assembly / How To Check The Status Of Your National Identity Card (NIMC) Online / Today Free Select Sure Matches, Bet9ja Booking Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.