Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Service Pack Rav4 2002 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Service Pack Rav4 2002 Model (1569 Views)

Toyota Rav4 2002 Or Lexus RX300 2002. Pls Advice / RAV4 2002 And RX300 2000 Which Is De Best / RESOLVED - Transmission Issues: Honda CRV 2002 model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Service Pack Rav4 2002 Model by Unionised(m): 10:10am On Dec 04, 2014
Okay, here's the thing.
I need a comprehensive pricing for the following to compare with my mechanic's quotation.
I am changing the following on my Rav 4 2002 model

1. Hub - the two at the back

2. Stabilizer

3. Tie Rod (hope the spelling is correct)

4. Ball Joints

5. Shock Absorber (the two in front)

6. Something called SEAL. My engine oil drips so he says he will drop the engine and seal some place there.

Please advice on prices and types advisable for a car like mine.

Also, to Service my car, he uses MOBIL XHP 20W-50. Is that the best for my engine?

This is the first time i'm doing anything major on the car, I need to get it right.

Appreciate your contributions.

Re: Service Pack Rav4 2002 Model by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2014
Unionised:
Okay, here's the thing.
I need a comprehensive pricing for the following to compare with my mechanic's quotation.

2. Stabilizer

4. Ball Joints

6. Something called SEAL. My engine oil drips so he says he will drop the engine and seal some place there.

Also, to Service my car, he uses MOBIL XHP 20W-50. Is that the best for my engine?

This is the first time i'm doing anything major on the car, I need to get it right.

@ the bolded, get a gun and shoot the mechanic on the leg.

1 Like

Re: Service Pack Rav4 2002 Model by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:36am On Dec 04, 2014
Unionised:
Okay, here's the thing.

2. Stabilizer

4. Ball Joints

1 thats not a service pack

2 it seems that your suspension is gone

3 he should tell you were the oil is coming from
Re: Service Pack Rav4 2002 Model by Unionised(m): 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

1 thats not a service pack

2 it seems that your suspension is gone

3 he should tell you were the oil is coming from

Sorry I don't know the right term.

By service pack, I meant to say what's the best Engine oil and oil filter for my car.

He said the oil is drooping from under the engine.
Re: Service Pack Rav4 2002 Model by Unionised(m): 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
This is analysis of the job to be done

Rear hub 25k

Lower arm bushing 5k

Ball joint 7k

Stabilizer linkages 7.5k

What do you guys think?
And please recommend the right engine oil for car.

Thanks
Re: Service Pack Rav4 2002 Model by adanny01(m): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
I dont now the specific quality you may want which ranges from starting from Aba - China - tokumbo - Taiwan - OEM and the prices of the items will fall depending on the quality. Let me assist you with clearer terms of those items.

1. Wheel Hub bearing (price range is wide depending on quality maybe 5-30k each)
2. Stabilizer linkage
3. Tie rod ends (inner or outer)
6. Oil seal but you should have been told which of them is bad because there are several. The usual one that may require taking the engine off the car is the crank shaft oil seal while the camshaft oil seal does not require the engine removal. It may be the cheapest item on the lot while the shock absorber may be the most expensive depending on quality. i dont sell parts so the real price will only come from market survey or those who purchased a similar part of similar toyota recently.
Re: Service Pack Rav4 2002 Model by Unionised(m): 5:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
adanny01:
I dont now the specific quality you may want which ranges from starting from Aba - China - tokumbo - Taiwan - OEM and the prices of the items will fall depending on the quality. Let me assist you with clearer terms of those items.

1. Wheel Hub bearing (price range is wide depending on quality maybe 5-30k each)
2. Stabilizer linkage
3. Tie rod ends (inner or outer)
6. Oil seal but you should have been told which of them is bad because there are several. The usual one that may require taking the engine off the car is the crank shaft oil seal while the camshaft oil seal does not require the engine removal. It may be the cheapest item on the lot while the shock absorber may be the most expensive depending on quality. i dont sell parts so the real price will only come from market survey or those who purchased a similar part of similar toyota recently.

Thanks.
How about the right oil for the car?
Re: Service Pack Rav4 2002 Model by adanny01(m): 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
Unionised:

Thanks.
How about the right oil for the car?

Please check the engine oil fill cover for what it says or check your car manual. I know most toyota from 2003 have recommendation of 5w30.

The mobil xhp you use is 20w50
Re: Service Pack Rav4 2002 Model by Unionised(m): 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
adanny01:

Please check the engine oil fill cover for what it says or check your car manual. I know most toyota from 2003 have recommendation of 5w30.

The mobil xhp you use is 20w50

Ok. Will do that.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

How To Take A Fall Like A Boss On A Bike / Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway / Kia Steering Noise Problem. Any Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.