Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

"We Disagree To Agree", Can Someone Explain To Me What This Means? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "We Disagree To Agree", Can Someone Explain To Me What This Means? (4055 Views)

I Saw This In My Student's Note Book Today. Who Can Explain Please? (photo) / The New Means Students Use In Cheating During Exams (photo) / Answering Any 7 Of These Means Your IQ Is Really High. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"We Disagree To Agree", Can Someone Explain To Me What This Means? by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 04, 2014
I've heard this phrase used several times but I have little or no idea as to what it really means, especially how it is used in Nigerian context.

Can someone lecture the rest of us who don't know what this really mean?
Re: "We Disagree To Agree", Can Someone Explain To Me What This Means? by ITbomb(m): 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
I hear more of "We agreed to disagree" which is most widely applicable in a business or job where opinion of two competing authorities (on the subject matter) are sought for and one side agreeing to the other would seem to be elevating the opponent. So you downplay the other person’s opinion even if at the end, you are still saying the same thing in a different way
Re: "We Disagree To Agree", Can Someone Explain To Me What This Means? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
ITbomb:
I hear more of "We agreed to disagree" which is most widely applicable in a business or job where opinion of two competing authorities (on the subject matter) are sought for and one side agreeing to the other would seem to be elevating the opponent. So you downplay the other person’s opinion even if at the end, you are still saying the same thing in a different way

hmmm
Re: "We Disagree To Agree", Can Someone Explain To Me What This Means? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
Emm
I thinks it's a situation in a debate or argument where the two/more parties acknowledge the fact that their opinions differ but they really can't change each other opinion(s).
___i.e, make the other party(ies) join your school of thought.
To avoid going back/forth on the same issue, people just agree to disagree.

There are some topics that can't have one universal answer___ maybe politics/religion lipsrsealed

*just like hold ya own reasoning-make I hold my own*

2 Likes

Re: "We Disagree To Agree", Can Someone Explain To Me What This Means? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Emm
I thinks it's a situation in a debate or argument where the two/more parties acknowledge the fact that their opinions differ but they really can't change each other opinion(s).
___i.e, make the other party(ies) join your school of thought.
To avoid going back/forth on the same issue, people just agree to disagree.

There are some topics that can't have one universal answer___ maybe politics/religion lipsrsealed

*just like hold ya own reasoning-make I hold my own*

I like your last point, kachis.
Just hit the nail...

I think I can now say "EUREKA"!

#Turns back#

Thank You, Ma! smiley
Re: "We Disagree To Agree", Can Someone Explain To Me What This Means? by Ploy(m): 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
It means you can disagree without being disagreeable. When you disagree with people's view, you don't need to discard it or treat it like stu.pid opinion. You will present your own views in a logical manner with the intention of making them reason with you.

In life, we must reach compromise whether we like it or not. We disagree with people by subjecting their opinions to debate. When they eventually see the end through the lens of your eyes, they will agree with you. Then, you have disagreed with them for them to agree with you.

I hope it's meaningful to you.
Re: "We Disagree To Agree", Can Someone Explain To Me What This Means? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ploy:
It means you can disagree without being disagreeable. When you disagree with people's view, you don't need to discard it or treat it like stu.pid opinion. You will present your own views in a logical manner with the intention of making them reason with you.

In life, we must reach compromise whether we like it or not. We disagree with people by subjecting their opinions to debate. When they eventually see the end through the lens of your eyes, they will agree with you. Then, you have disagreed with them for them to agree with you.

I hope it's meaningful to you.

It is a lot...

Your Big Grammars Though Are Scaring Me... cheesy
Re: "We Disagree To Agree", Can Someone Explain To Me What This Means? by Ploy(m): 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
emusmith:

It is a lot...

Your Big Grammars Though Are Scaring Me... cheesy

ohhh! Please don't make me feel bland, tell me the grammatical errors; I'm open to correction.
Re: "We Disagree To Agree", Can Someone Explain To Me What This Means? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ploy:

ohhh! Please don't make me feel bland, tell me the grammatical errors; I'm open to correction.

Nooo, you're running 240km/ hr in English... hope you understand that?

(1) (Reply)

Imo State University (imsu) 2015/2016 Acceptance Fees / School Fees Payment / ASUU Strike Update Today (Thursday) / I Had No Idea This Meant Another Thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.