Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage (30179 Views)

One Thing You Can't Tolerate In A Relationship / How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. / One Thing You Cannot Tolerate In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2014
Disrespect encompasses all! If u respect me, u won't do any of those. Disrespect me n watch me walk away.
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by Wallade(m): 5:02pm On Dec 14, 2014
So, if I will not tolerate any of these and it eventually happens, what do I do? Quit the marriage! Do you think anyone has absolute control over these factors in marriage? Your advice is sick.

1 Like

Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by abbey621(m): 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
I see a lot of topics on nairaland with good intentions but bad delivery. This is one of them, I don't know why people still believe that relationships/marital problems can be solved using a one shoe fits all approach. What works for peter might not work for paul. 95% of all relationships are flawed with one or more of the items listed and yet when you ask the couples, they would not trade their relationship for anything in the world. With my little understanding of this phenomenon called love, I have come to realize that it is unpredictable. If your heart is not capable of understanding, forgiveness and tolerance then you will remain bitter, alone and miserable in life. Many of the Whites would have us believe that love is a fairy tale but in reality love is what you make of it, can you withstand the rainy days? Can you work through the difficulties in order to enjoy the promise of a better tomorrow? If you leave your partner due to a mistake, who is to say the next object of your affection won't make the same mistakes?

3 Likes

Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by prophetfire: 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
geborenzie:
don't worry I can already seeing it manifesting it in your life and your sisters life y did you take it personal all those words are going to be your portion in the year 2015 say a loud ameeen
"I can already seeing it".pls your english is just too bad.and my comment was not on your miserable life but on the op.why did you jump into a conversation dt does not concern you?you should have waited for the op that understands english to reply.once again,your english is pathetic-has a very terrible odour.

1 Like

Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by geborenzie: 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
prophetfire:
"I can already seeing it".pls your english is just too bad.and my comment was not on your miserable life but on the op.why did you jump into a conversation dt does not concern you?you should have waited for the op that understands english to reply.once again,your english is pathetic-has a very terrible odour.
my English was not correct yet you could understand and comment on it weird very weird any way you too will have a miserable life

2 Likes

Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by siegfried99(m): 5:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hmmm.. am I the only thinking this advice is one sided? undecided

The Op keeps mentioning..."He/ Him".... instead of him/her

1 Like

Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by DollyParton1(f): 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
uzobaby:
hmmmm if u can't tolerate in your relationshp/marriage,then u hav no biznes being in one,cos u'l end jumpn up nd dwn lukn 4 mr/miss perfect..IMO
shiiitt!!!
Why do you have to tolerate someone for the rest of ur life?
Dammmmmit... who is teaching our girls this
nonsense?
I believe the word u are looking for is compromise on both sides.
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by AfricanApple(f): 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
when u break up with someone becos he cheated on you, and u do dsame to the next person for the same reason, for how long will you keep moving

1 Like

Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by mastertunji(m): 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
No wonder many marriages break up today. A writer said when he visited a court, he was surprised to see that those filing for divorce were far more than those applying for marriage certifictate. If our fore fathers didn't learn tolerance, most of us would have been affected with d trauma of a broken home. They learnt how 2 keep their homes together despite lies and cheats 4rm their spouses. Mind u, if u marry & divorce 100 times, u will still find one fault or d other 4rm ur last spouse. So, shine ur eye & look b4 u leap. Or if u can't tolerate wahala, u better be celibate

2 Likes

Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by Babe2sure(f): 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
Keeping you away from family and friends.
Nagging.
Acoholism.

However,all these should be discussed and worked upon by both parties.
Intolerance should not automatically lead to divorce. Except, it is detrimental to the health of the other partner.

1 Like

Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by fullblast(m): 6:33pm On Dec 14, 2014
merits:
always be like me and my wife,good companion.
how old is your marriage?
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by okirewaju(f): 6:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
Abeg add stingyness to the list OP
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by Harmvirus(f): 6:42pm On Dec 14, 2014
nice. Op, thanks for sharing
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by Ataime16(m): 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by fullblast(m): 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2014
abbey621:
I see a lot of topics on nairaland with good intentions but bad delivery. This is one of them, I don't know why people still believe that relationships/marital problems can be solved using a one shoe fits all approach. What works for peter might not work for paul. 95% of all relationships are flawed with one or more of the items listed and yet when you ask the couples, they would not trade their relationship for anything in the world. With my little understanding of this phenomenon called love, I have come to realize that it is unpredictable. If your heart is not capable of understanding, forgiveness and tolerance then you will remain bitter, alone and miserable in life. Many of the Whites would have us believe that love is a fairy tale but in reality love is what you make of it, can you withstand the rainy days? Can you work through the difficulties in order to enjoy the promise of a better tomorrow? If you leave your partner due to a mistake, who is to say the next object of your affection won't make the same mistakes?
I really appreciate and respect your words of wisdom.
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by Missmossy(f): 7:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
I completely agree, the first point is very crucial

2 Likes

Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by Dagah2: 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2014
nice tips
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by Dagah2: 8:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
Missmossy:
I completely agree, the first point is very crucial
yea
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by mcdokwe(m): 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
I wonder y d op made it sound like the traits are exhibited by male partners only
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
People who disagree with the post are trying to tell us they have one or two of the above faults. Some of them have such lifestyles and believe that as long it is who they are, whoever marries them must tolerate all these horrible vices. THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT THESE ARE THE VICES THAT DESTROY MARRIAGES. This is the problem we have as Nigerians. Our orientation towards marriage is very bad. we dnt believe in change or making things right. everything has to be managed. No wonder the stories that touch surrounding relationships and marriages are too many.
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by prophetfire: 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
geborenzie:
my English was not correct yet you could understand and comment on it weird very weird any way you too will have a miserable life
pls stop poking your nose into a matter that does not concern you.you seem to enjoy chating with me.go away cos I dnt enjoy you.
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by martin92(m): 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
oh really
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by exe0(m): 11:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
I RESIST TEMPTATION

I WILL NOT COMMENT
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by exe0(m): 11:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
I RESIST TEMPTATION

I WILL NOT COMMENT
I RESIST TEMPTATION

I WILL NOT COMMENT
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by Motolank: 12:42am On Dec 15, 2014
prophetfire:
WORTHY OF WHAT? you seem to have an attitude problem.you seem to be egocentric by your choice of words and the temperament displayed by your style.You re nt a good marriage or relationship counselor,so shut up.its your type dt goes about breaking people's homes n relationships with your "one-way-traffic"advice.
You sounded hurt? What he wrote touched you?? Change pls, they are bad habits
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 15, 2014
AJOT99:
There are many things you should never tolerate in a relationship, though many of these things are MUCH easier said than done. We are complex beings and while we may rationally know we should not be with someone for some reason, it is not always so easy to “just walk away.” Always remember that you are a worthy being and that you never “deserve” harmful things a partner may inflict upon you; so don’t forget this list of things you should never tolerate in a relationship by Olivia Simone!

1. Cheating

Of all the #things you should never tolerate in a relationship, cheating is an obvious one. Cheating should not be tolerated in a relationship for several reasons. One, if your #partner is cheating, you don’t know what diseases he may be picking up from others, and these could jeopardize your own health. For another, cheating breaks trust, which is a major foundation of a healthy relationship. If you happen to feel, given your particular circumstances, that working through an incident is an option you want to explore, fine, but do NOT, by any means, tolerate perpetual cheating. A cheater is not worth your own well-being.

2. Lying

In addition to cheating, perpetual lying should not be tolerated as trust is a key foundation in any relationship. A white lie here and there is not necessarily something to get worked up over, but if you catch your #partner lying to you on a regular basis, it’s time to rethink your relationship with that person.

3. Out-of-Control Tempers

Anger is a natural human emotion. Everyone feels angry at times, but anger and an out-of-control temper are two drastically different concepts. If you find that your #partner punches holes in walls, takes his anger out on you in an inappropriate manner, makes threats, breaks things, etc., this is not a healthy expression of anger and can lead to devastating consequences in your relationship. Do not tolerate this behavior. Either insist that he seek treatment options for his temper or drop him.

4. Physical or Sexual Abuse

Abuse of any form should not be tolerated in a relationship. Unfortunately, many people fail to recognize #signs of domestic abuse for a number of reasons. You must first realize that no matter what, you NEVER deserve to be abused. If your #partner hits you, beats you, rapes you (and yes, this includes marital rape), or inflicts any sort of physical violence on you, try your best to get out of the situation. I know this is often easier said than done, but realize not all #men are like this and that you are worthy of someone who will treat your body with respect!

5. Mental or Emotional Abuse

Mental and emotional abuse are often even harder to detect than physical or sexual abuse. If your partner uses manipulation, threats, belittlement, or any other means of making you feel unsafe, insecure, or bad about yourself, this is most likely a form of abuse as well. Do not tolerate a #partner who makes you feel unworthy. And remember, no matter what he says to knock you down, the shame is on him, not on you.

6. Harm to Your Children

If you find that your partner has in any way jeopardized the well-being of your children, get rid of him immediately. Whether they are his children or not, he must respect them as well as you. If your children ever say that they have been inappropriately touched, harmed physically, etc. by your #partner, he MUST go. NEVER tolerate a #man who harms your children.

7. Disrespect

Ultimately, all of these things can be boiled down to disrespect in some manner. If you find that your #partner is not respecting your body, thoughts, emotions, etc., find someone else who will.
Source: [url]nwdailyblog.com/you-are-worthy-7-things-you-should-never-tolerate-in-a-relationship-marriage/[/url]

These are some of the things I don’t feel should ever be tolerated in a relationship. What other #things do you think should never be tolerated in a relationship?

You just said it! Little foxes that spoils the vine.
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by yemivictor: 8:46am On Dec 15, 2014
holatin:
MouthAction
Sex during menstruation

Yuck!
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by holatin(m): 8:50am On Dec 15, 2014
yemivictor:

Yuck!
pls no vomit on my floor
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by Callfubu(m): 9:23am On Dec 15, 2014
Why didn't the OP say the thread was for women only? Are you sure she isn't a feminist? Tho they are all true but the ways she suggested they be handled is mostly absurd.
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by prophetfire: 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
Motolank:

You sounded hurt? What he wrote touched you?? Change pls, they are bad habits
"sounded"? Change pls,thats bad english.
Re: You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage by Motolank: 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2014
prophetfire:
"sounded"? Change pls,thats bad english.
grin 'thats' ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Set To Marry AI Hologram Named Ailex, Trained On Her Past Boyfriends (pic) / Can You Marry A Lady Or Guy Who Already Has A Child? / Why Short Men Have Fewer Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.