Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Obafemi Martins Announces Retirement From Super Eagles. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obafemi Martins Announces Retirement From Super Eagles. (897 Views)

Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obafemi Martins Announces Retirement From Super Eagles. by robosky02(m): 4:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
The weapon of mass destruction has decided to focus on his club career after scoring 18 goals in 39 appearances for the Super Eagles

Nigeria forward Obafemi Martins has announced his retirement from international football at the age of 30.

The Seattle Sounders player who has never hidden his passion to play for Nigeria decided to call it quit after been snubbed by national team selectors for the past two years.

"I am done with my national team, I will not go there anymore. I do not have good relationships with some companions. If they do not want me anymore, patience,” Martins told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I love my country, I have given so much. But there are problems and although I am called up, I do not go.”

Obagoal made a scoring debut for Nigeria on May 29, 2004 against the Republic of Ireland.

On November 17, 2007, the attacker captained his country for the first time in a friendly against Australia that marked his 19th appearance.

His 83rd minute strike on November 12, 2009 in Nairobi ensured the Super Eagles qualified for the 2010 Fifa World Cup in South Africa.

Having since completed a transfer to MLS outfit, Sounders where he had a super season, Martins has now called time on his long and illustrious international career.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2014/12/04/6762282/obafemi-martins-announces-international-retirement?ICID=HP_HN_1

Re: Obafemi Martins Announces Retirement From Super Eagles. by holatin(m): 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
dat nice
Re: Obafemi Martins Announces Retirement From Super Eagles. by robosky02(m): 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
this guy is so good and deadly they call him "the weapon of mass destruction"

defenders fear him....

but i think he still have some fire power in him at least in the short run.

do you think he is retiring at the right time or is it a reaction to Keshis frustration?
Re: Obafemi Martins Announces Retirement From Super Eagles. by fejikudz(m): 4:46pm On Dec 04, 2014
see wetin keshi don cause now!! angry
Re: Obafemi Martins Announces Retirement From Super Eagles. by kendrick93(m): 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
we have already retired him long time ago
Re: Obafemi Martins Announces Retirement From Super Eagles. by robosky02(m): 5:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
fejikudz:
see wetin keshi don cause now!! angry

seriously na keshi abi
Re: Obafemi Martins Announces Retirement From Super Eagles. by adioolayi(m): 5:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
Well done Martins....Thank you for your glorious service. I wish you the very best in all your future endeavours.
Regards.

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Announces Retirement From Super Eagles. by robosky02(m): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2014
adioolayi:
Well done Martins....Thank you for your glorious service. I wish you the very best in all your future endeavours.
Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Wont Progress From 'group Of Death' In Women's World Cup - Wikipedia / Asisat Oshoala Wins 2014 Glo-caf African 'female Player Of Year' Award / IAAF World Relays Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.