Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest - Education (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest (38204 Views)

Apply For UBA National Essay Competition 2015 / UNESCO International Essay Contest 2015 / Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2014

2 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

You won't see them back here
People like carefreewannabe ,invertedhammer ,Phoinix and their co travelers who started their show of shame from the old thread to discourage people .They have slithered off like serpents and probably mad that the completion was a success.
Let this be a a lesson to the young people reading
When you have a plan,a dream,a goal,don't let anyone stop or discourage you
Those who want to discourage you sometimes will put up a big fight,but you should stay focused but be mindful that when you refuse to be moved,they often get angry and intensify their efforts and when you remain resolute,they always walk away in shame.

This may look like a simple thing but it has a great lesson

It reminds me of the story in Nehemiah about sanbalat and Tobiah
When the children of Israel were rebuilding the wall,they were making fun of them and their efforts,they critised them,criticized the quality of their work and when they people persisted,the Bible says the men got enraged and co-haters joined them in droves and they began to threaten violence but the Israelites used a strategy,they appointed watchmen over the workers,some of the workers became watchmen with arms and others worked.It sis not deter them.
A parallel of this happened here.
That is a good story for anyone who needs courage to silence the voice of negative people.Many of them are motivated by envy.

Please get over it. I am sure, my opinion does not stop anyone from donating money. It's actually very easy. There are millions of people out there. Go and help them.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
Missmeiya,who gets my recharge card gift?
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Please get over it. I am sure, my opinion does not stop anyone from donating money. It's actually very easy. There are millions of people out there. Go and help them.

I hope this was a good lesson for you and people like you
Enemies of progress that will cut anything down as long as the idea doesn't emanate from them
Now read the rest of the thread( assuming you haven't already)
Read how beautifully it came together,if your heart can survive it
Next time you see a good thing and you have no goodness to add,you shut up and move away rather than stay on and throw fits

Let me post your comments here so people who didn't read you won't wonder why I am saying these things

carefreewannabe:
I like the idea of giving someone money out of charity but I don'T like how you go on about it.

If you want to help someone or make someone happy, then just find someone and give him or her money. Why do you have to make a competition out of it? Why would you make them write an essay on their childhood experience? Why would you want them to admit online and for everyone to see that they are unemployed?

Don't you expect too much information for a 100 bucks?

I really do not see how it is a Christmas gift if they have to do all this and most of them will get nothing at the end.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by GSKing: 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
LOL
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
She turned it into a personal battle

carefreewannabe:

When I donate money, I donate money. I don't expect people to work for the money and I don't make them share their private lives, certificates and problems with the whole world. This is what donations are about. Giving without expecting ANYTHING in return.

Apart from that, when I choose to give money to the less fortunate then I don't want other people to know it.

carefreewannabe:

You have a point here. And I have no problem with someone encouraging people to take part in a competition but she should not call it a Christmas gift then. Gifts are for free.

And I have a problem when people ask others to share private information about themselves online. I hope you people know how much money some people make with your data.

carefreewannabe:

Whether you use the word gift or donation, both words are inappropriate in this context. Anyway.

She has good intentions. I appreciate it. I just made my comment for her not to give up on her good will to make someone happy but for her to reconsider the requirements.

And just when I thought an Onye ara Igbere had taken control of the thread,a voice comes along

stonecoldcafe:

But this is not about you at all. I think you are beginning to sound like a broken record. Her money, her competition, her rule, let her be please . If its a useless venture, time will tell and no one will participate. Just let it go

Baby Osisi well done at least you are doing something. My only advise is that people send the certificate to an email. They dont have to do it on Nairaland. For example if your target is an unemployed graduate the aim will be defeated if a student in secondary school posts someone else's certificate. If you do it via email, it can be alot tidier. When the judges make their final selection, they can ask for the certificate. Well done!

Read the first few pages of the beginning of the first thread at the beginning of this competention where people championed by this broad shouted this down like lunatics.it didn't say much to them because I wanted the venture to succeed,a good response from me would have destroyed the whole idea so she could get the satisfaction she desired.I denied her that satisfaction and the effect was that donors joined in and the prize money went up five notches.

I hope this teaches someone reading
Know when to keep silent and get the last laugh from naysayers

https://www.nairaland.com/2025751/aunty-babyosisis-token-christmas-gift
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

People like carefreewannabe ,invertedhammer ,Phoinix and their co travelers who started their show of shame from the old thread to discourage people .They have slithered off like serpents and probably mad that the completion was a success.
Those who want to discourage you sometimes will put up a big fight,but you should stay focused but be mindful that when you refuse to be moved,they often get angry and intensify their efforts and when you remain resolute,they always walk away in shame.

When the children of Israel were rebuilding the wall,they were making fun of them and their efforts,they critised them,criticized the quality of their work and when they people persisted,the Bible says the men got enraged and co-haters joined them in droves and they began to threaten violence but the Israelites used a strategy,they appointed watchmen over the workers,some of the workers became watchmen with arms and others worked.It sis not deter them.
That is a good story for anyone who needs courage to silence the voice of negative people.Many of them are motivated by envy.

Blah, Blah, Blah, nonsense. OH, keep servicing your white, trailer park trash crackers.You just wrote 50 lines of bull shit. sad sad

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
phoinix:

Blah, Blah, Blah, nonsense.

Hahahahaha
I wanted to make sure to rub it in after victory.
Stick that tail somewhere

2 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

Hahahahaha
I wanted to make sure to rub it in after victory.
Stick that tail somewhere

How do you get 20 Nigerians in a Volkswagen? You throw a dollar bill in it. How do you get these 20 Nigerians out of the Volkswagen? You throw out a dollar bill .. Its no brainier fatty.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
phoinix:

If you want 20 Nigerians cramming up in a volkswagen you through a dollar in it, and if you want them out you through a dollar outside. Its no brainier fatty.

Why don't you type in your native language and have someone interpret
Can anyone decode this poo?
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

Why don't you type in your native language and have someone interpret
Can anyone decode this poo?

Short answer: you’re a dumbass.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by InvertedHammer: 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

When the children of Israel were rebuilding the wall,they were making fun of them and their efforts,they critised them,criticized the quality of their work and when they people persisted,the Bible says the men got enraged and co-haters joined them in droves and they began to threaten violence but the Israelites used a strategy,they appointed watchmen over the workers,some of the workers became watchmen with arms and others worked.It did not deter them.
/

Babyosisi & Babymama:

You are full of yourself. Aren't you?

This competition was masked as a $100 Xmas gift which I pointed out that it is fallacious.

You wanted people to tell you the stories of their lives, send their pictures, certificates, etc.

Then you would pick one of the suckers and bless him/her with $100. I cried foul.

People saw the impropriety of your request, they added more money and modified the requirements.

Most importantly, they termed it what it is--a competition! And not a Christmas gift.

Moving on...

Now that you have solved the world's problems with your $100, get a rest.

I am beginning to believe that this has nothing to do with the competition.

Apparently, you get big org.asm by mentioning my name in your posts.

I hope it is not infatuation.

Merry Christmas!

\

2 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
This is unnecessary.

InvertedHammer, don't speak for those of us who developed the idea and donated. Those were not our reasons. You should just keep quiet.

3 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/

Babyosisi & Babymama:

You are full of yourself. Aren't you?

This competition was masked as a $100 Xmas gift which I pointed out that it is fallacious.

You wanted people to tell you the stories of their lives, send their pictures, certificates, etc.

Then you would pick one of the suckers and bless him/her with $100. I cried foul.

People saw the impropriety of your request, they added more money and modified the requirements.
I
Most importantly, they termed it what it is--a competition! And not a Christmas gift.

Moving on...

Now that you have solved the world's problems with your $100, get a rest.

I am beginning to believe that this has nothing to do with the competition.

Apparently, you get big org.asm by mentioning my name in your posts.

I hope it is not infatuation.

Merry Christmas!

\

Oh
You are now backtracking and sermonizing and adding sugar on top
Everyone who has read you knows your lying capabilities have no equal
Weren't you the person that also old us Nigerians have been murdering their wives in Houston for years and I challenged you to produce those murder stories prior to 2014 and you ran away from the thread
Hahahahaha
Losers never change
I bet this whole thread and the outcome must be excruciating for you to read
It worked
You lost
Loser
It started off with $100, people loved it
They thought it was a good venture
They showed support and the amount grew and it got tougher
Stick around,next year ,it will go up many notches
I hope you can survive it

2 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by AltarBoy1: 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
Martins301:
Meanwhile go on google and find out how to write and reference properly, and how to avoid plagiarism.
wetin come bring this one come for our discussion. Who is talking abt ref n plagiarism here.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

Oh
You are now backtracking and sermonizing and adding sugar on top
Hahahahaha
Losers never change
I bet this whole thread and the outcome must be excruciating for you to read

You want to pick a fight with me, are you not too old for that? Immature...
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Re cap

InvertedHammer:

/

All these criteria for $100.

You harsh o!

God forbid you have to hire someone for a permanent position, you will demand an arm and a leg. cool cool cool

And you had the effrontery to call it a Gift.

\

What happened?
The competition got tougher,the word count increased and the essay topic got fiercer and the requirements became harder
And essays poured in
See
You lost
All the entrants were winners because you didn't stop them

Now where is the other mugu truckpusher
It's your turn to be addressed
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
phoinix:

Short answer: you’re a dumbass.

Bros I had to go read yours and other comments on the other thread before quoting you and telling you that you are 100% wrong. Don't abuse the fact that you are hiding behind the wall of internet and use that as a yardstick for hurling insults at people. Pokenosing in people's bizness and making meaningless contribution is an art that you shouldn't master, unless of course you are looking for a quick way to join your ancestors. Be wise bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Davo93(m): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hello peeps... I was part of the competition although I couldn't come close but I must say all these throwing of words at each other is not worth it. Kindly get past the whole thing. The competition has even come and gone!
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
Martins301:

Bros I had to go read yours and other comments on the other thread before quoting you and telling you that you are 100% wrong. Don't abuse the fact that you are hiding behind the wall of internet and use that as a yardstick for hurling insults at people. Pokenosing in people's bizness and making meaningless contribution is an art that you shouldn't master, unless of course you are looking for a quick way to join your ancestors. Be wise bro.

you really are a little tart aren’t you? run along now back to your girlies.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
AltarBoy1:
wetin come bring this one come for our discussion. Who is talking abt ref n plagiarism here.

Anybody that will evaluate and advice you on the art and craft of essay or other academic writing without emphasizing those issues is just deceiving you or not doing a perfect job.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by AltarBoy1: 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Martins301:

Anybody that will evaluate and advice you on the art and craft of essay or other academic writing without emphasizing those issues is just deceiving you or not doing a perfect job.
Who is talking abt referencing. Am talking abt the points raised, sentence structure and punctuations. I really dont knw your flare on referencing.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
phoinix:

Am really a little tart ? I'll run along now to my girlies.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
Martins301:

I was very patient with them because I wanted this to succeed
Do you know the eediot was even banned and he created a new moniker just to re- enter the thread,that is how pathetic he is
Their goal was to have a fight and the thread locked and I bit my tongue to their remarks and waited till it ended and the congrats had been said to address them one by one.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

Their goal was to have a fight and the thread locked and I bit my tongue to their remarks and waited till it ended and the congrats had been said to address them one by one and that I have done.

If na military era, all of them go line up collect 20 strokes of koboko on their bare yansh and made to spend 7 days in a dark room filled with mosquitoes. Afterwards, they will learn not to pokenose and derail threads.

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

Do you know the eediot was even banned and he created a new moniker just to re- enter the thread,that is how pathetic he is
Their goal was to have a fight and the thread locked and I bit my tongue to their remarks and waited till it ended and the congrats had been said to address them one by one.

You’ve shown yourself for the immature wimp that you truly are, that I’m just going to have to ignore you. Awfully sorry, try not to cry, fatty.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
AltarBoy1:
Who is talking abt referencing. Am talking abt the points raised, sentence structure and punctuations. I really dont knw your flare on referencing.

Alrite bro. Carry on.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Martins301:

If na military era, all of them go line up collect 20 strokes of koboko on their bare yansh and made to spend 7 days in a dark room filled with mosquitoes. Afterwards, they will learn not to pokenose and derail threads.

now skip along back to your girlies
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
I hope he knows the correct spelling is Phoenix and not phoinix

Olodo full this place wallahi
Someone choosing a username he can't even spell
Ask S Osewa if he can help you modify your username
Hahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
phoinix:

I'll skip along now back to my girlies
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:
I hope he knows the correct spelling is Phoenix and not phoinix

Olodo full this place wallahi

Lol,
Q: What do you call an immature wimp with fat fingers?
A: Well hog.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
Q: What do you call a 300 pound milf?
A: A bush hog.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

UNIZIK ‘Spider Man’ Lecturer Excites His Final Year Students As He Signs Project / See The List Of 50 Worst Universities To Study In Nigeria ( Photo) / FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.