Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers (16918 Views)

A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers / Whats Your Favorite Lotion Or Creme? / Great Hairdressers On The Island? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 08, 2014
stanisbaratheon:

female barbet kwa...make she no barb you fuel scarcity Oo

I don't get you, bruh. smiley
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Nobody: 4:30am On Dec 08, 2014
Nomski0:

I agree.

The ones who've worked on my hair are always extra nice and they always listen to any fault you spot.

BTW, I've missed you like cray-z embarassed
yeah...and they are so sweet and cute too cheesy, i missed you too bae embarassed
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by ChynoBEATS: 5:22am On Dec 08, 2014
Mprex:

Share with us
happy weekendsmiley
walks in ========

Hmm ok.....

Well ... There's a tall dark dude...... Around my end n that's his job...... He's an hair dresser (even his friend too)....... N his lil shop is always FULL ........ As-in ehn .... Even my elder sis does her hair there ...... I heard he's good @it...... So wats the stresĀ§ :-/ ...
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by natureblack(m): 5:55am On Dec 08, 2014
Sugardiva:

Thank u very much. My only nairaland birrhday wish. smiley
..........my pleasure smiley
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 6:10am On Dec 08, 2014
I have seen them a lot, some of my female friends even prefer them to lady hairdressers. I have been attended to by one when I was in sch...lolz I was walking home on Friday, u know what I saw? A male fixing nails, I looked and nearly fell babes come gather around him as if there is no tomorrow..... as I was abt getting home, I saw a lady fixing nails with just 2 customers..... I was thinking maybe guyz does it better though.
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by stanisbaratheon: 7:11am On Dec 08, 2014
Amefrica:

I don't get you, bruh. smiley

never mind
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by marvie234: 7:14am On Dec 08, 2014
Wow! They're gud..... really good. Throughout my university days, my hair stylists were guys. They jointly owned a saloon n they were gud at wat they did. Maybe because of dat, I prefer a guy doing my hair than a lady.
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by tania28(f): 8:30am On Dec 08, 2014
They re sexy,they re good hair dressers
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by trublvr(f): 8:42am On Dec 08, 2014
Mprex:
Owk, so i went to a saloon around here to wash and set my hair.

As i was waiting for a stylist to attend to me, a guy walked towards me and asked if i was going to braid, fix or wash my hair. I was on the verge of asking him how that was his business when it dawned on me that he was one of the hair dressers and obviously, he was going to attend to meshocked

I eventually sat down and let him do his job. I wasnt comfortable, i dont know why. I didnt even understand the method he was using to wash my haircheesy

So ladies of NL, have you been attended to by a male hairdresser? How was the experience?

Share with us
happy weekendsmiley

I have had a male hairdresser cut my hair twice, braid my hair once, and my regular nail technician is a guy. Not one of them was gay. In fact, the guy that braided went on at length about my natural hair, how soft it felt, and how he wanted his gf to go natural.

Men just bring a certain professionalism to hairdressing that women lack. A man will get your hair did right, regardless of his mood, or your appearance. He just wants to do a good job so you'll pay him his due. But female hairdressers may not do such a good job because they work according to their moods, whether or not they quarreled with their S.O. that day, and/or whether or not they feel threatened or intimidated by your height/colour/boobs/whatever...

Give me a male hairdresser anyday, abeg.
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Mprex(f): 9:24am On Dec 08, 2014
trublvr:

I have had a male hairdresser cut my hair twice, braid my hair once, and my regular nail technician is a guy. Not one of them was gay. In fact, the guy that braided went on at length about my natural hair, how soft it felt, and how he wanted his gf to go natural.

Men just bring a certain professionalism to hairdressing that women lack. A man will get your hair did right, regardless of his mood, or your appearance. He just wants to do a good job so you'll pay him his due. But female hairdressers may not do such a good job because they work according to their moods, whether or not they quarreled with their S.O. that day, and/or whether or not they feel threatened or intimidated by your height/colour/boobs/whatever...

Give me a male hairdresser anyday, abeg.
its true that female hair dressers are outright nasty but back in Aks where i base, we rarely see male hairdressers. So I'm not used to it
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by simdam500(m): 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2014
Mprex :

lols. My dear, he did his job perfectly no doubt. But the way and manner which he was going about it. Hmmmmlipsrsealed

I can't help but laugh when I got to the hmmmm....... lmao
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by simdam500(m): 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2014
RaeMystix :

Ohhhhhhhh yes!

oh lawd I've wanted to come across one....

if I ever do, I'll kill him!!!
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by simdam500(m): 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2014
Vivipop :
They are overrated.

yea kind off.... most ladies want to be attended to by a male hairdresser.

if my gf should tell me she prefer a male hairdresser, undecided

story for another day,

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by simdam500(m): 12:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
Caracta :
I prefer male. They don't rush. They do a perfect job and handle your hair with care. They operate smoothly and you hardly feel the pressure.
They don't gossip or chat like there is no tomorrow. They ain't rude or touchy. I could go on and on...

speaking of Going on and on.... are we still talking bout hairdresser here
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by simdam500(m): 12:32pm On Dec 08, 2014
IVORY2009 :

And to support my point, those guys are very rich.

oh when we are talking about women here u expect them to be poor?
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by simdam500(m): 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2014
Missonas :

Just like my aunt who's a mechanic and not scared of getting her fingers dirtyundecided.She's a pro and well sought after cool

wow they'll worship her! even when cars don't have fault, people will still cook up some excuse to see her
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by simdam500(m): 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2014
although I see them as......................

but the day a friend of mine venture into tailoring, and every lady come to sew anything sew-able, I got jealous tho but I think, whatever is just for a particular sex, is more appreciated when the opposite sex is involved
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by RaeMystix: 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
simdam500:

oh lawd I've wanted to come across one....

if I ever do, I'll kill him!!!
Hmm!!!
That would make you a murderer; Thing is, I do not judge people for their choice of religion and sexuality. Its God's business; Not mine. grin
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by simdam500(m): 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2014
RaeMystix :

Hmm!!!
That would make you a murderer; Thing is, I do not judge people for their choice of religion and sexuality. Its God's business; Not mine. grin

it just hard to believe someone somewhere is no atleast infatuated to the opposite sex
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by RaeMystix: 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2014
simdam500:

it just hard to believe someone somewhere is no atleast infatuated to the opposite sex

You are misquoting me. I am not infatuated by gay men. I stated that they are very good with hair; I also stated that I work with one and have lab with two of them.....I do not hang out with any of them outside of out meet up; but they are fun, whenever I get to hang out with them.
Like I stated earlier, I do not judge people for their religion nor asexuality. I was never raised to alienate people, as a result of their deviant choices.
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by simdam500(m): 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
RaeMystix:

You are misquoting me. I am not infatuated by gay men. I stated that they are very good with hair; I also stated that I work with one and have lab with two of them.....I do not hang out with any of them outside of out meet up; but they are fun, whenever I get to hang out with them.
Like I stated earlier, I do not judge people for their religion nor asexuality. I was never raised to alienate people, as a result of their deviant choices.

*silent ok*

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by RaeMystix: 2:24pm On Dec 08, 2014
simdam500:

*silent ok*

*Silent; You're welcome* cheesy
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Missonas(f): 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2014
grin No no its all about dem cars for her
simdam500:

wow they'll worship her! even when cars don't have fault, people will still cook up some excuse to see her
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by silversonuc(m): 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2014
KingTom:
Guy swerve jor grin

bro i love empress na, no vex
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 08, 2014
Na to go learn how to make hair o grin
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by KingTom(m): 11:22pm On Dec 09, 2014
silversonuc:

bro i love empress na, no vex
I love Mprex pass you na grin My love dey like 911 your own dey like beetle grin grin grin
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Mprex(f): 11:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
KingTom:
I love Mprex pass you na grin My love dey like 911 your own dey like beetle grin grin grin
undecided
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by AfricanApple(f): 12:54am On Dec 10, 2014
I'm always comfortable with it
Gosh! they are very fast shocked

kingtom, do u want to be an hairdresser?
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by KingTom(m): 4:40am On Dec 10, 2014
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by KingTom(m): 4:43am On Dec 10, 2014
AfricanApple:
I'm always comfortable with it
Gosh! they are very fast shocked

kingtom, do u want to be an hairdresser?
I want to be your iwn hairdresser! grin
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 10, 2014
Emodeee:

is she BREAD? dat i want to TOAST her.
Anyways, mprex, mk i nor lie, u r SET lyk a topic in MATHS .

Propose already
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Youngpo413: 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
Mprex:

its true that female hair dressers are outright nasty but back in Aks where i base, we rarely see male hairdressers. So I'm not used to it
di uyo main town,mmo ewak eti eti...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) / Irish Gold Egg Yolk Lotion / Ebube Nwagbo Or Sarah Ofili: Who Wore It Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.