Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Christiano Ronaldo Getting Even Better? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Christiano Ronaldo Getting Even Better? (634 Views)

Breaking News: Ronaldo Getting Set To Leave Madrid / Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo / Didier Drogba And Christiano Ronaldo Hot Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christiano Ronaldo Getting Even Better? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
When most players approach the age of 30, they start to slow down. Legs get heavier, inspiration is more difficult to find, and their overall contribution tends to come in sporadic bursts rather than consistently.

After expending a sizable amount of energy in Real Madrid's drive toward La Decima, and then following that with a battle against persistent injury problems at the World Cup last summer, it would have been no surprise if his levels dropped off this season. Instead, quite the opposite has happened. No. 7 is challenging conventional wisdom about when a forward hits his peak. He will be 30 in February, yet he is not declining.

With is performance in the ongoing season, I think he is getting better everyday.

The 29-year-old has already scored a staggering 28 goals so far in 2014-15 as Madrid have set a new club record of consecutive victories to move top of La Liga and ensure their place in the Champions League knockouts.

What do you think?
Re: Christiano Ronaldo Getting Even Better? by acenazt: 10:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
who be ur English teacher. More Better
Re: Christiano Ronaldo Getting Even Better? by acenazt: 10:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
I've seen players that get better as they age. e.g Andrea Pirlo!
Re: Christiano Ronaldo Getting Even Better? by hummerwise(m): 10:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
'More better' bi Bawo
Re: Christiano Ronaldo Getting Even Better? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
pelumiakinboye:
When most players approach the age of 30, they start to slow down. Legs get heavier, inspiration is more difficult to find, and their overall contribution tends to come in sporadic bursts rather than consistently.

After expending a sizable amount of energy in Real Madrid's drive toward La Decima, and then following that with a battle against persistent injury problems at the World Cup last summer, it would have been no surprise if his levels dropped off this season. Instead, quite the opposite has happened. No. 7 is challenging conventional wisdom about when a forward hits his peak. He will be 30 in February, yet he is not declining.

With is performance in the ongoing season, I think he is getting better everyday.

What do you think?
Ronaldo performance index isnt increasing with time the way i see it,the work load as been considerably shared and this was one of the factors contributing to the success of a player in a team. I will like to use the football merlin guy as an example, I really dont like his style of play, qoute me right I didnt argue his been the best in the game. not liking is style as to do with my inability to learn from him as a player.to me ronaldinho will always be the best complete player av ever seen. xavi and iniesta did alot by helping him share part of the load. Its always like that actually. I think thesame thing is happening to madrid now. the kind of energy u need to against likes of bale, Rodriguez ronaldo and benzima. I think what ronaldo will need more this time is accuracy.Am not of the opinion that he needs to relax but gone were d day he will av to carry the ball from BOX to BOX.

1 Like

Re: Christiano Ronaldo Getting Even Better? by Mj1616(m): 11:51pm On Dec 04, 2014
I think he is the best player in d word.
Re: Christiano Ronaldo Getting Even Better? by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2014
Mj1616:
I think he is the best player in d word.
right now, YES!

(1) (Reply)

GLO/CAF Awards 2014 List Of Former Winners Inside / Chelsea Calls For End To Sexism After Offensive Chants Broadcast / Okocha: Eagles Have Disappointed Us A Lot - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.