Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms (16533 Views)

I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari / Political Cartoon: Buhari The Snail, A Nation In Waiting - Sahara Reporters / FG Replies Osinbajo Criticisms With Bible Passages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by kmariko: 4:38am On Dec 05, 2014
Nigeria, most admired African nation in spite of criticisms

In spite of constant bashing Nigeria receives from its citizens at home and show of apparent cynicism and doubts on its potentials, the country has emerged as the most admired African nation in a survey by African Business magazine in partnership with Brand Africa, Brand Finance Africa and TNS.

The report, which listed 100 most admired and valuable brands in Africa, notes that Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa topped the most admired African nations mentioned spontaneously by Africans.

The report says the 2014 Brand Africa 100 is based on a survey among a representative sample of eight countries, covering the major sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) regions to establish the base top 100 most admired brands. These countries, Ghana and Nigeria (West Africa; Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda (East Africa); DRC (Central Africa), and Mozambique and South Africa (Southern Africa).

Collectively, these countries represent 51 percent (477m) of SSA population and 67 percent ($1,065trn) of Africa’s GDP. Their countries’ brands are also often the dominant brands with a dominant influence and consumer base within their regions.

Presently, Nigeria has the highest population in Africa, and the recent re-basing of the economy ranked it the largest economy in Africa. Nigerian economy in 2013 received a total of $21 billion of foreign currency remittances out of $32 billion remittances into Africa.

In the report, pan-African telecoms giant, MTN, topped the African list as the most valuable and most admired African brand.

This was contained in a ranking of the most admired and most valuable brands in SSA by African Business magazine in partnership with Brand Africa, Brand Finance Africa and TNS.

At $5.4 billion, MTN is the only African brand valued over a billion dollars. Apple, at $105 billion replaced Samsung as the most valuable non-African brand, while Coca Cola retained its position as the most admired non-African brand in Africa. Coca Cola toppled MTN as the overall most admired brand in Africa.

The most admired regional brands are MTN (Southern Africa), Glo (West Africa), Tusker (East Africa) and Marsavco (Central Africa). The most valuable regional brands are MTN (Southern Africa), Dangote Industries (West Africa), Safaricom (East Africa), and Marsavco (Central Africa).

The report says non-African brands have continued to set the pace, commanding 77 of the 100 entries in the most admired brands and 99 percent of the most valuable brands ranking. While African brands have retained a similar number of brands among the most admired (23), African brands have not lost any value year to year ($11bn), as their brands have not gained any market share globally and their worth has declined in relative terms (from 2% of total value in 2013 to only 1%).

South Africa, with 11 of the 23 African brands, remains the most dominant branding nation, accounting for 91 percent of the value of the brands. Kenya at 5 percent and Nigeria at 3 percent round off the top three, which make up 99 percent of the value of African brands.

Established in 2011, Brand Africa 100 measures and ranks the brands that consumers admire and their corresponding value.

Daniel Obi
http://businessdayonline.com/2014/12/nigeria-most-admired-african-nation-in-spite-of-criticisms/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by eleojo23: 4:46am On Dec 05, 2014
The way Nigeria has been able to survive amidst all odds is something to be admired.

Many of them(other countries) can't just understand this country called Nigeria

We have such a huge global presence and we carve a niche for ourselves wherever we go.

*knocks to those who give us bad name*

We will continue to thrive. Go naija!

120 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by AJOT99(m): 7:09am On Dec 05, 2014
Strange but true. I love Naija!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by felixchip(m): 7:09am On Dec 05, 2014
Well, in as much as every useless and hopeless Nigerian blames his misfortune on the government, the reasonable and success minded ones are busy making changes and achieving milestones.

Well, it's a good thing the world admire us.
It's left for us to build on the reputation.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by siraj1402(m): 7:09am On Dec 05, 2014
I know by HIS grace things will soon change for better and we will have cause to say Nigeria is indeed our country. God pls bless me, Nigeria and Nigerians,my state(State of Omoluabi),My home town(Ilobu),my family house(Ologele's Compound) and my siblings. Let my father rest in peace and increase my mother's wellbeing. Good morning Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by davdandam(m): 7:09am On Dec 05, 2014
grin
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by jacabi(m): 7:10am On Dec 05, 2014
Nigeria, good people, great nation.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by AJOT99(m): 7:10am On Dec 05, 2014
Strange but true. I love Naija!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by sharon763: 7:10am On Dec 05, 2014
Am proud to be a nigerian

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by lonelydora: 7:10am On Dec 05, 2014
Another fresh air from GEJ. Congratulations.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 05, 2014
Yeah right! undecided
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by major466(m): 7:10am On Dec 05, 2014
Nigeria will overcome it's challenges and come out stronger, better and powerful.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by tigonana: 7:11am On Dec 05, 2014
Una goodmawning my people.
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Zaikon(m): 7:11am On Dec 05, 2014
eleojo23:
The way Nigeria has been able to survive amidst all odds is something to be admired.
true talk but. I dnt think another can try it.
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Edygrin(m): 7:11am On Dec 05, 2014
Well, there's a lot of things to admire about Nigeria but if no be for bad politicians we no for dey celebrate this kind news.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by lilprinze: 7:11am On Dec 05, 2014
Proudly Nigerian

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by pamcode(m): 7:11am On Dec 05, 2014
wow this is good bt we need to work on our development and industrial brands

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 05, 2014
I really don't get the f..uvk this article talking about..
what brand ? Do Nigeria prodice anything?
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by pweetixandy: 7:11am On Dec 05, 2014
Its a lie

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Emmalot121(m): 7:12am On Dec 05, 2014
Marvellous
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by admiral007: 7:12am On Dec 05, 2014
Admire in Sympathy right? Most pple who commented on the survey's questionaire must has done it in sympathy for Nigeria. 'Jesus wept' one word.
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by maylisa(f): 7:13am On Dec 05, 2014
They admire Nigeria because they simply can't be like us. Even. With The all the problem we are encountering some pray to have double of such problems and have a country like ours. God bless Nigeria and its inhabitants

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by jerflakes(m): 7:13am On Dec 05, 2014
[size=15pt]Of course.

Even the US and UK you guys run to, all admire Nigeria.

You think say na everybody fit do wetin naija dey do?

We dey carry first in all the good and bad things we do.

Long live Nigeria.

One love.

( by the way, this has nothing to do with "GEJ is working".

This is a Nigerian factor.
[/size]

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by hazyfm: 7:13am On Dec 05, 2014
Seriously?

adonbiliv
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by lilprinze: 7:13am On Dec 05, 2014
GEJ is working

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by saintneo(m): 7:13am On Dec 05, 2014
okay
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by chymystique(f): 7:15am On Dec 05, 2014
[size=14pt]MOST ADMIRED INDEED!

#yimu
[/size]
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by hazyfm: 7:15am On Dec 05, 2014
lilprinze:
GEJ is working

HMMM...SERIOUSLY WORKING WITH BOKO HARAM

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by dyabman(m): 7:15am On Dec 05, 2014
Hilarious !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch / "Atiku's Server" Shows Buhari Garnered Over 1.5 Million Votes In South East / Benin Industrial Park: FG Commences Impact Assessment For N200b Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.