Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... (23652 Views)

Share Your Worst Truth Or Dare Experiences Here!!! / Nairalanders Share Your Ebola Salt Prank Experiences Here / Ndlea Test: Share Ur Experiences Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by naijaboiy: 8:32am On Dec 06, 2014
1one:
I had formed the habit of being the last person to leave the office....because being in the creative industry, you need a lot of personal space to synch your train of thoughts and put your ideas together to create an alluring presentation... So I just preferred working when everybody had left the office...say from 7pm...and very many times I had to pass the night in the office.

So on this particular day... I was working late as usual, my office was at V/I and I stayed in Ajah... One of the other motivations to stay late at work too was to allow the "TJFH" (Traffic Jam From Hell) to ease out; and this normally happened between 10pm and 10:30pm.

I looked at the time and it was already 10:45pm...I wanted to just pass the night over as I had done dozen times before but I opted to just "shook" head dey enter road like that.

11pm....I was on the road.

I had my bag, my phone and the OFFICE THUMB DRIVE on me.. The office thumb drive was very important because we were driving some major proposals that we wanted to submit to some companies within that period.

The road was free... No traffic jam.

Normally when I drop at my last bustop at Ajah, I would take a bike to my place, but since it was already ticking towards 11:30pm, I didn't see any bike. So from the last bustop, I started trekking down the road path that led to my house.... The road path was close to the main road so that if you're walking down the road, you would see the head lights of cars flashing at you from the other side till the cars pass you.

On getting to one mini-coke depot, ghen! ghen!.. Two guys with cutlass just came out... Infact I think they flew out sef, because one moment I looked in that direction, there was nobody, the next moment I'm faced with two guys with cutlass.. One of them held me by the belt and was dragging me away from the road side, I think to avoid the attention of passing cars.

They started rough handling me... Forcing out my watch... My hand band, my bag, my phone and then..... The office thumb drive.. After taking everything they chased me back to the side of the road.. I think I was in a momentary state of shock as they were ripping those stuff off of my body because when they chased me back to the road side and I realized the office thumb drive was gone... I started pursuing them oooo... I was like "Please my thumb drive my thumb drive"

That was one of the stupidest things I'd ever done.... As if area boy understand wetin be thumb drive, so as I was pursuing them and pleading for the drive, one of them now turned back with cutlass and started chasing me back.... Omo!.. See running ooo... So I finally out ran him and got home.

#MyrobberyExperience.
"My THUMB Drive" "MY THUMB DRIVE" grin

I don laugh die gringringringringrin

But i'm pretty sure it wasn't funny at that moment at all sad

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by naijaboiy: 8:33am On Dec 06, 2014
Bunsky:
yea,tnx alot
Won't you leave there? undecided

1 Like

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 06, 2014
naijaboiy:

Won't you leave there? undecided
We have relocated already.tnx.
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Rich4god(m): 9:38am On Dec 06, 2014
Bunsky:
yea,tnx alot
Your exp... Men, I cant really figure out what to say... But I believe the hand of God to be behind it... I mean, the bathroom was inside the house and they didnt open it. Also, the baby that was with you guys didnt cry... God is at work... I can relate to your exp cos my dad and mum exp such. During the riot of 2002*dats after america invaded iraq/afganistan*... My parent were caught up in a hold up that normally occur during their friday prayer along the road*this particular happend at masallachin dangi at zaria road, the one that leads to zoo road* right after their prayer, those guys just started smashing cars and killing any non-muslims/southerners that they could find in the hold up...*these are guys that just finished prayers* well, thank God, my dad's car was among the last in line so he and some other motorist (both hausa, muslims, everybody) sharperly turned back and head straight to mobile barrack in hotoro while some headed for their own prefered destination. For us in sch, the sch management took virually all student to police barrack bompai as our sch is close to d barrack...
Really bad exp for peeps leaving in crisis prone area in Kano and most southerners try as much as they can to leave inside sabon gari area.
One of the lessons that southerners have learnt in kano is that, on fridays, you shld always be on your guard as some bad elements among them can decide to do the unthinkable...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 06, 2014
Rich4god:
Your exp... Men, I cant really figure out what to say... But I believe the hand of God to be behind it... I mean, the bathroom was inside the house and they didnt open it. Also, the baby that was with you guys didnt cry... God is at work... I can relate to your exp cos my dad and mum exp such. During the riot of 2002*dats after america invaded iraq/afganistan*... My parent were caught up in a hold up that normally occur during their friday prayer along the road*this particular happend at masallachin dangi at zaria road, the one that leads to zoo road* right after their prayer, those guys just started smashing cars and killing any non-muslims/southerners that they could find in the hold up...*these are guys that just finished prayers* well, thank God, my dad's car was among the last in line so he and some other motorist (both hausa, muslims, everybody) sharperly turned back and head straight to mobile barrack in hotoro while some headed for their own prefered destination. For us in sch, the sch management took virually all student to police barrack bompai as our sch is close to d barrack...
Really bad exp for peeps leaving in crisis prone area in Kano and most southerners try as much as they can to leave inside sabon gari area.
One of the lessons that southerners have learnt in kano is that, on fridays, you shld always be on your guard as some bad elements among them can decide to do the unthinkable...
my dear is God,they open the two bedroom,and the other bath room except that one.they touched the door of the bathroom,one of them just say"dan allah mu tafi".
These baby on a normal day can cry alot,but this particular day the baby is just sleeping.
We later found out that is some of the guys and almanjiri,we used to dash things that lead them to our house.

After two month we relocate to sabon/gari from hotoro.
Man pikin eye don see different wahala for kano. The first bomb blast that happened in kano jan 20th 2012,that is a story for another day.

My uncle was shot last in dakata,he gave up after a week.

Hope you guys have relocated too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by 1one: 11:31am On Dec 06, 2014
AgapeCharis:
meehhn
U had copies of d files in d thumb drive else where?

Ur sight sha grin me too go like join em o

That's the thing... I didn't have copies elsewhere... I wanted to die to be honest... I was like Ahhh... Where would I start from... How would I start putting them together, how will I tell my boss..

It wasn't a funny something at all @naijaboiy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 06, 2014
1one:

That's the thing... I didn't have copies elsewhere... I wanted to die to be honest... I was like Ahhh... Where would I start from... How would I start putting them together, how will I tell my boss..

It wasn't a funny something at all @naijaboiy
Nnaa een
Hope u were nt fired? grin
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by 1one: 11:38am On Dec 06, 2014
AgapeCharis:
Nnaa een
Hope u were nt fired? grin

Too indispensable to be fired grin

Abi the company wan pack up grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 06, 2014
1one:

Too indispensable to be fired grin

Abi the company wan pack up grin
love dt

‡diligence pays

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Rich4god(m): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
Bunsky:
my dear is God,they open the two bedroom,and the other bath room except that one.they touched the door of the bathroom,one of them just say"dan allah mu tafi".
These baby on a normal day can cry alot,but this particular day the baby is just sleeping.
We later found out that is some of the guys and almanjiri,we used to dash things that lead them to our house.

After two month we relocate to sabon/gari from hotoro.
Man pikin eye don see different wahala for kano. The first bomb blast that happened in kano jan 20th 2012,that is a story for another day.

My uncle was shot last in dakata,he gave up after a week.

Hope you guys have relocated too?
We relocated middle of this year... Too many stories to tell abt these almajiris up north... Alot need to be done so as to curb all these religious crisis there... Cos lots of innocent pple have died in their hands... And the worst part is that, most of them see nothing wrong in taking the life of another.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
Rich4god:
We relocated middle of this year... Too many stories to tell abt these almajiris up north... Alot need to be done so as to curb all these religious crisis there... Cos lots of innocent pple have died in their hands... And the worst part is that, most of them see nothing wrong in taking the life of another.
Thank God u've relocated.
May God help us all in nigeria.
Tnx alot
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by nickz(m): 11:31pm On Dec 06, 2014
my main robbery enxperience something i don't like thinking aboutsadsad
police officer got shot
the girl sitting next to me was almost raped to death
i walked for more than 2hrs with a young guy...carrying the girl to the nearest hospital very far away and finding a banksad
when i got to my relatives house,they thought i was shot
that was when i realised how much blood the girl had lost cause it was all over my shirt and trouserscrycry
i was very luckysmiley
the chick still calls me almost EVERY MONTH to say thank yousad
some nigerians are very heartless well sha i don't blame them,it was RUSH HOUR

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by smudge2079(m): 1:39pm On Dec 07, 2014
snakie86:

If yours was funny then mine was like a film........

This happened while I was serving in Kano. I boarded a night bus from Ido during one of my trip back to Kano. Everything was going on smoothly until we got to Kaduna around 6am in the morning. We rested a bit at kaduna park after which we continued our journey around 6:30. We never knew some robbers had joined us in the bus. moreover the motor boys as they call them wanted to do shua-shua to make some money from kaduna to kano.....After a while, we realized the bus was not moving fast and 4 guys stood up.....one each at the entrance and back door and two in the middle of the bus....................The one in the middle said
Robber: (quoting some words) Good morning ladies and gentlemen........hope we are enjoying the trip so far

"we all thought maybe he wanted to make an announcement and people didn't concentrate"

Robber: You see, its been a wonderful journey so far and I guess some of us are tired already. in other not to bother you much with my story, I will be passing a bag around now and all I just require from you is your phone, wrist watch, money and your wallet.

"Everybody was like whats this one saying"

Before we raised up our head, the two guys at the entrance of the door brought out their guns.....confirmed AK47. then we all realized we are in for something.

Robber: Please, I will be coming to you one after the other. We are not here to hurt anyone, all we need is your maximum cooperation.

Then they brought out a big Ghana must go, went to the front and back, started collecting offering from people. The most interesting part of it is, anytime they get to your sit. They will say
Robber: Good Morning Sir, can you pls stand on your feet sir, Your phone sir, wrist watch....can I see your pocket pls? bring out your wallet,lemme have all the money there...Pls drop them in the bag sir.......(he will then search all over the persons body to see if the person is hiding anytyn.).....Thank You so much for your patronage sir.

One started from the front while the other started from behind. We were all scared at the initial stage but it got to a stage that since we knew the protocol, u just stand up when it your turn and started dropping everytyn you have for them. It got to my turn too and after dropping the 5k in my wallet, he asked if that's all I have and I told him am a corps member. He returned 1k back to me and he did same to some corps members in the bus.

After they collected all the money and their Ghana must go filled up...they brought out a bundle of N200 note and started distributing it to every one of us.

Robber: We thank you so much for your cooperation and we are so sorry for any delay or inconveniences we might have caused you. Pls accept our sympathy and apology. We believe the N200 should help you get to a nearest ATM once you come down from the bus. If you feel you have any complain or feedback, you can contact us on 080..........

They opened the door and jump down...we never knew their car was following us all this while. the car moved beside our bus and they entered, then zoomed off..................The robbery was like a film as most of us was wondering if we were actually dreaming or in a movie.

Robbery with excellent customer service delivery
Waoh. Like for real?
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by smudge2079(m): 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2014
I av neva been involved in one & i don't pray to.... Its been God all along. Psalm 124 vs 1-8...my favourite bible passage.
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by smudge2079(m): 1:58pm On Dec 07, 2014
Daluuzor:

Lol, welcome to Osasogie, you are damn lucky it wasn't the good old days of the great Ninger (one man squard). the guy for dash u one bullet for yansh. Lol
Uniben 2011

Dat dude na real sycho. One man squad...
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by pweetyz(f): 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
i've never been involved in one and i pray i never get to experience any

bdw..snakie86..you experience has got me laughing..such nice robbers grin

agapecharis..you're hillarious..true that though@your signature
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 07, 2014
pweetyz:
i've never been involved in one and i pray i never get to experience any

bdw..snakie86..you experience has got me laughing..such nice robbers grin

agapecharis..you're hillarious..true that though@your signature
grin grin
Happy Sunday

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
It happened to my sister when she traveled to Onitsha.
There was no lighter or matches @ home so she rushed out to buy a box of matches.
They flogged the hell out of her for coming out with only 50 naira @ night.
sorry, just had to gringringringringringringringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by kullozone(m): 12:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
snakie86:

Their just make use of the opportunity to steal

their are very wicked

op thank God ur still alive oh!
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by SenatorM(m): 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
My pen was stolen in Exam hall

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by peculiarabacus(m): 7:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
Like I do say::::::::have never been robbed and I don't pray for it....NEEEEEEEEXT
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Emodeee: 7:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
marieolae:
Well mine happened 2
months ago.

It was actually on a sunday. We came back from church. It was my aunt
and I who were at home. We heard a knock on the door, so we expected it
to be some family members.

I answered the door nd saw 3 guys and a lady. I didn't recognise them
from anywhere and I thought they had gotten the wrong house. They asked
for " femi" or so. I told them that they were at the wrong house. They
told me to ask my aunt If she knew any "femi" around the area. They
insisted, so I left the door slightly open and hurried into the kitchen
so that my aunt could help these people out.

On my way to the kitchen, they rushed inside the house. They brought out
their guns and ordered us to lay on the floor. We followed their
instructions. They stole as much as they could. Money, my phone, gold,
food, laptops everything.

To cut the long story short, these arm robbers got away with it. The
police made no effort to find them, and they are on the loose right now.
embarassed

thank God they didn't demand to av a taste of ur fresh apple.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Jibsonified(m): 7:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
I woke up with a start, all soaked in sweat, my mind cursing PHCN for the blackout. I perceived the aroma of indomie, my roomie was preparing his dinner outside … Suddenly there came a rough noise… I raised myself up in agitation … Then my roomie’s silhouette with his hands up, walked in sheepishly… Lo and behold what I saw behind him was the silhouette of a tall slim guy with a pump-action gun mostly used by vigilantes … His aim at that point I don’t know but all his orders we followed. “Lie down all of you or I shoot!” I began to wonder, What does he want? Is he a thief, a kidnapper, an assassin or what…? I had no clue of who he was because it’s all dark, I began to imagine a lot of things. He went straight my bed side and took my phone and my bag containing my Hard Drive, ATM cards etc… Then I knew what he came for. He’s a thief, but I know not what to do. In Obahiagbon’s words I was maniacally bewildered at the crinkum crankum that went on. So I… or rather we lay still till he silently disappeared into the dark.

And that was how I was robbed first time in my life… Hmm… SMH

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Truman155(m): 7:42pm On Dec 16, 2014
My first robery exprience was with my friends we robbed * * * oops 404 error...... Ps nex time be specific i ....thought this was a confession thread.... Quietly walks out
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by lafflaff123(m): 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
Got robbed in the East when serving and the robbery was not the painful part, the beating they gave me for having only 80 Naira in my pocket was the most painful.

This 80 Naira was my last card until my next Alawi payment, it was so precious i put it in the bank in my pocket always. So this night i went to a female Corper place across the street to wack, on my way back that night, noticed a parked car on a dimly lit side of the road, close to a Chemist store. But what i did not realize was that they were robbing the Chemist store and i innocently walked into it.

One guy just came out from nowhere and asked me for a lighter, i said i do not smoke and wanted to continue walking until he told me to Lay down. At first he said it in Ibo language, and i did not get it, until i looked at his hands(he was holding a locally made pistol) i did not need to understand ibo before i raised my hands up. So i got down flat on the other side of the car, and met other people too on the ground there, they searched me and saw only 80 card in my pocket. Oh boy if you see the way i dey beg them say i be corper and make them leave my money abeg with my eyes closed.

The slap and kicking from this guys no be joke, and my head was swollen for days from the gun butt they hit my head with, and that was how my war with the East started till today.

The irony of this, was that like a month earlier i had already gotten a Student Visa to the UK (Via Scholarship) and was just waiting to finish service before leaving. There is nobody i did not call a WITCH that day, i started going through the list of people that knew i had gotten that Visa and i counted almost 15 Witches and Wizards.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by rafcrown(m): 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
They went to the next gate,a house demarcated into 2.I saw 2 tall guys trying to force their way into the compound.The man inside was shouting Help,help,help .They usually fight there,i thought.They could not gain entrance.I was just few meters away and i was discussing with a commercial bus driver who came to deliver money.
They moved towards us,i saw the pistol,locally made one,i was told the following day.I picked race ,just 1 second i was inside,jammed the door.The slow driver was not so lucky,he followed a different direction.They met up with him and he told them he was a visitor.People above us already started shouting OLE,OLE.They disappeared.Operation Sweep ,of the olden days,came immediately to search for them,but they were very lucky.One day their monkey will go the market and NEVER COME BACK.
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Truman155:
My first robery exprience was with my friends we robbed * * * oops 404 error...... Ps nex time be specific i ....thought this was a confession thread.... Quietly walks out

FOO*L cool

1 Like

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by wordychap: 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Bunsky:
It happen in 2011 election crisis in kano,i didn't know what i'll call my own self,maybe is war or robb or warrobb.

After declaring jonathan as winner,we are at home,we did'nt know that their have started killing people in our area.
A guy just rush in and said ina still dey here ina no hear wetin dey happen,before we say jack,their are already in the next compound,about to get to our own compound.
We all locked ourself up in the bathroom,including my neigbour that has a baby of two month,thank God throughout the event the baby was just sleeping.
We leave the door open,otherwise their will burn the house.

Lo and behold their came in,more than 100 of them,their check everywere,except the bathroom,all of us were just shaking like fish,me i'm already urinating on my body.
When their coundn't found anybody,their have no option than to steal.

Their stole money.phone,laptop,tv,dvd,decorder,standing fan and ceiling fan,went to the kitchen and stole provisions,food stuff,their ate the rice and stew my mum cook,including the meat she fry for the week.Infact their stole anything stoleable that day.
The bed and sitting room chair is too big for them to carry,their used knife and cutlass to destroy it and the remaining properties.
How we survive is story for another day.
People please help me to thank God, that kept me alive to share these.
2015 could b worst, take care
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
Mine happened in Ghana angry matter of fact I have been robbed twice in Ghana,the first was at a beach. Bojo beach at kasoa and the other was at my hostel at labadi,I was on a date with one control jeje wen we saw two guys walking towards our direction, I just glanced a minute and continued hosting with my barney next thing I know one of the guys pulled my date and had a matchet on her head and was speaking twi,I told the guy I didn't understand wat he was saying,the second guy was already rummaging thru our stuffs and took our money n phones.

The second one was during vacation in schoo,there were less people around the hostels so the bastardd seized the opportunity to rob us,they came in packs,I counted atleast 12.they broke down doors and windows to get in,one or two had guns while the rest had matchet ,Wallahi those guys carried enough that day.
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2014
I remember mine, It was in my University days that a Beautiful Girl robbed me of my virginity.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Truman155(m): 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2014
mobuch:

FOO*L cool
K
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Wisegeek01(m): 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
Actually it's not like I've been robbed but got these two experiences of which I was present"

The first
Was when I went to spend the night in one of ma guyz house, somewhat a kinda "face me - I - face you setting" it was late so basically after the jive we to sleep only to wake up early the next day to hear that some Robbers have been sneaking into houses to steal food whether cooked or uncooked . .. The story was kinda funny sha

The second
Was the day I was returning from church, it was dark and late in the night, had to take a shortcut, a lonely path, which I've heard so much about, how pple get their stuff snatched on nights like this,

there was this guy walking in front in a rather slow pace, so that got me suspicious,

the path was quite lonely, but I was ready for anything tho,
The path led to an express way where one could actually board a bus or bike, so I was anxious to get to the end, this guy in front got to a point and brought out his phone and faked a call (I guess)as he walked, I slowed down and watched him closely,

He continued till he got the end of the path, and acted like he was waiting for a bike or something, I got to the spot where he was and passed him, it was like coming out a T junction, so I just moved further away from the guy as I waited for a bike too while I watched him from the corner of my eyes,

NB: he was still making the call,
Suddenly a bike came out of no where. ..
it was like a flash tho*

cause all I saw was a bike carrying two guys ride past me at high speed almost loosing balance, and the guy who was making the call screaming, Theif Theif !!

Inquiring further I got to understand that the guys phone was snatched right from his ear as he was making the call,

Well I couldn't do anything cos I too was petrified at the scene,
well I thought may b I could have kicked the guys down on the bike if I saw them early enough well I didn't,

told the guy sorry from a distant and walked away from d scene to get a bike somewhere else"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Poverty Mentality Of Nigerians And The Ripple Effect / Of Anger And Shame In Africa / Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.