Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. (3528 Views)

Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / Budget: PDP Member Points To Error Made By President Buhari / Ayoka Lawani, PDP Member Defects To APC!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 05, 2014
Yesterday, as I sat in a cab, waiting for the driver to completely load the vehicle, heading to Odili road, a man around the ages of 36-40 got in and sat Next to me, in a few moment, the cab was filled.

A little drive, spotting the Ameachi billboard, here is the conversation that went on between us.

Pdp: This yeye man, I just hate am.
Me: Bros why u hate am?
Pdp: Him wan change Rivers State to pdp.
Me: Bros na the reason u hate am, Abi him no work?
Pdp:Him work when him been de pdp, (looks at me). All the projects na pdp projects, nothing Amaechi do.

Me: bros add more reasons na.
Pdp: Wike go flush am commot.
Me: So bros na Wike u like, and why u like Wike?
PDP: Yes I like Wike and GEJ, Wike don fight for the state, And Jonathan na my brother.
Me: So wetin Wike and Gej don do?
PDP: Jonathan na my brother, even if him no do anything thing, make him de chop the money, hausa people don chop am since.
(at this time I looked at his shoe, to confirm something sha)
Me: and Wike?
PDP: Na only Wike de fight since, where all these Tonye Princewill, Lulu Briggs, Jack them de when wike de fight the war?
Me: So That na why u want Wike as Governor?
Pdp: Wike don promise say Amaechi go run if him win, so I wan make sure say them pursue Amaechi from Rivers State.

At this time I go to where I will drop, till date I wonder, do we get the kind of leaders we deserve? You support a man becos he fought a member of the party out, even if he doesn't have a vision. You Vote a president becos u want him to continue stealing.
I tell u the truth, Ya'adua did more for the south than Jonathan, I stand to be corrected.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by otokx(m): 8:04am On Dec 05, 2014
The average Nigerian is politically stunted and illiterate.

20 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by searchcorp(m): 8:28am On Dec 05, 2014
Welcome to Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by ijawcitizen(m): 8:55am On Dec 05, 2014
all conversations are merely the figment of the OP's imagination

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by domack99(m): 8:57am On Dec 05, 2014
That's the way an average Nigerian thinks, always with sentiment and no constructive criticism.

Not seeing any hope for the future

7 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 05, 2014
He is one out of the millions that has been brainwashed by PDP. You can't blame him honestly!

13 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by 2cato: 9:09am On Dec 05, 2014
berem:
He is one out of the millions that has been brainwashed by PDP. You can't blame him honestly!
take it or leave it all that amaech achieve was done when he was in the PDP

15 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2014
The average Nigerian see politics like a football match rather than a matter of life and death.

The policies of politicians determine how you live and die.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by otokx(m): 9:17am On Dec 05, 2014
Obiagelli:
The average Nigerian see politics like a football match rather than a matter of life and death.

The policies of politicians determine how you live and die.

True about the last sentence but APC has to move into the grassroots or else PDP will expose their big big talk.

1 Like

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Mowire: 9:19am On Dec 05, 2014
ijawcitizen:

No.
It is a true representation of the of socio-political discourse involving the average "ordinary" Nigerian. I've had similar discussion severally here in Lagos with Okadariders,yellow bus drivers, traders and in once in Jos with a TANoid (as you call them here). The ones in Lagos do not even know that all the PDP states are implementing the very same policies they are complaining about. The Jos guy wast spewing the very same lies of the PDP against APC and GMB.

1 Like

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 05, 2014
otokx:

True about the last sentence but APC has to move into the grassroots or else PDP will expose their big big talk.
You are right about that.
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Takara: 9:30am On Dec 05, 2014
@op, I had similar conversation with an okada man in Katsina State like ten years ago (can't remember the exact year). The Okadaman told me he preferred Babangida over Buhari as president. When I asked for his reason he told me that at least IBB who is not even from Katsina state, has a house in Katsina city while Buhari who is from the state has none. (Buhari has a house in his village, Daura, not in the state Capital.

I was shocked at this kind of reasoning.

13 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by seankay(m): 9:35am On Dec 05, 2014
We shouldn't only pray for credible leaders, we also need citizens that can think

3 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 05, 2014
sleektalker:
Yesterday, as I sat in a cab, waiting for the driver to completely load the vehicle, heading to Odili road, a man around the ages of 36-40 got in and sat Next to me, in a few moment, the cab was filled.

A little drive, spotting the Ameachi billboard, here is the conversation that went on between us.

Pdp: This yeye man, I just hate am.
Me: Bros why u hate am?
Pdp: Him wan change Rivers State to pdp.
Me: Bros na the reason u hate am, Abi him no work?
Pdp:Him work when him been de pdp, (looks at me). All the projects na pdp projects, nothing Amaechi do.

Me: bros add more reasons na.
Pdp: Wike go flush am commot.
Me: So bros na Wike u like, and why u like Wike?
PDP: Yes I like Wike and GEJ, Wike don fight for the state, And Jonathan na my brother.
Me: So wetin Wike and Gej don do?
PDP: Jonathan na my brother, even if him no do anything thing, make him de chop the money, hausa people don chop am since.
(at this time I looked at his shoe, to confirm something sha)
Me: and Wike?
PDP: Na only Wike de fight since, where all these Tonye Princewill, Lulu Briggs, Jack them de when wike de fight the war?
Me: So That na why u want Wike as Governor?
Pdp: Wike don promise say Amaechi go run if him win, so I wan make sure say them pursue Amaechi from Rivers State.

At this time I go to where I will drop, till date I wonder, do we get the kind of leaders we deserve? You support a man becos he fought a member of the party out, even if he doesn't have a vision. You Vote a president becos u want him to continue stealing.
I tell u the truth, Ya'adua did more for the south than Jonathan, I stand to be corrected.

Takara:
@op, I had similar conversation with an okada man in Katsina State like ten years ago (can't remember the exact year). The Okadaman told me he preferred Babangida over Buhari as president. When I asked for his reason he told me that at least IBB who is not even from Katsina state, has a house in Katsina city while Buhari who is from the state has none. Buhari has a house in his village (Daura) not in the state Capital.

Hahahahahaahaha!
You guys have made my day!

You get such from a jinxed nation.

1 Like

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by cidieschat(m): 9:47am On Dec 05, 2014
2cato:

My brother, he is not the only one that has had such experience, Rivers has a lot of thugs who don't reason with brains, Wike and his supporters believe firmly in Violence, Let a pdp member tell why he (Wike) deserves to be a Governor...
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by donphilopus: 9:47am On Dec 05, 2014
Takara:
@op, I had similar conversation with an okada man in Katsina State like ten years ago (can't remember the exact year). The Okadaman told me he preferred Babangida over Buhari as president. When I asked for his reason he told me that at least IBB who is not even from Katsina state, has a house in Katsina city while Buhari who is from the state has none. Buhari has a house in his village (Daura) not in the state Capital.

You're right bro. I was discussing 2015 Presidential election with my immediate elder brother the other day and he was trying to tell me that my almighty Buhari wouldn't even be able to scale through the Primaries. I asked him 'Why?' He said he diverted some briefcases at the Lagos Airport, I asked him to provide a proof but he couldn't. He then said 'when his mates were looting money, where was he? Why couldn't he steal? Let those who know how to steal money go there joor'. I was so perplexed when he said that. So it's now a crime for a Politician not to enrich himself while in Office!

4 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 05, 2014
2cato:

Pls my brother, was Amaechi the one executing the projects or the pdp? Sometimes u people make me wonder oh.

2 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by ayuse(m): 10:20am On Dec 05, 2014
I am afraid we may not v d nigeria of our dream for a very long time except God in his mercy decides to dash us good leaders. As long as electing leadership is concern it may takes those who are well elightened a lot of work and time to elighting d average Nigerian what democratic leadership is all about. As at now an average Nigerian will elect their leaders for d very wrong reasons. 2011, I tried asking pple why they are going to vote our current president and I heard them say bc he his from d minority, he was once poor, he was persecuted by d cabals who didnt want him to take over from Yar'dua etc and I asked do you know his performance as a former Governor and almost all d pple I spoke with didnt care about his performance as a Governor, they didnt even want to access his performance as acting President. They claimed as an acting and substansive President he cant do anything bc he's not serving his own tenure and even today some foolish pple still say he cant take serious decision in his first tenure but that when he gets 2nd he will perform and I am like a man who couldnt do much in almost 6years how much will he do in another 4years. The truth is Nigerians deserve d leaders they get. The only hope Nigeria has is that d few enlightened Nigerians will work very very hard to enlighten d majority of Nigerians who v very very bad idea about leadership.

5 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by chamboy(m): 10:31am On Dec 05, 2014
The Topic of this Thread should b changed and moved to FP

1 Like

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by chamboy(m): 10:35am On Dec 05, 2014
My Experience was with Two Igbo Boys. Am Ashamed to say this they are Graduates. My Igbo friends Agree GEJ Administration is Bad but they said they don't want any other Tribe for now even if The Individual is better than GEJ.

It's painful Four/Five years in tertiary Institution wasted.

10 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Bimpe29: 10:37am On Dec 05, 2014
Here we are. This is one of many problems we are having as a people. We don't seem to have a right mind set to critically justify our needs, and to objectively evaluate or criticize issues: this is a fallout of ignorance & short sightedness. Ethnic and Religious Sentiments have been bedrock of our plight as a nation.

1 Like

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by tellwisdom: 10:54am On Dec 05, 2014

Chai grin grin
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by cidieschat(m): 11:00am On Dec 05, 2014
People will never understand, When I watched a documentary of Jonathan's 2011 Campaign, he promised 2015 to be the end of his tenure, he said "4 years is enough for anybody, to handle electricity, unemployment, and poverty. The video also showed where he sat with 20 pdp governors, to mKe the agreement. Nigerians, I beg u people, In Rivers State, if Wike wins, if at all he will ever, he is only here to fight, not to do anything. Be has no goal, no vision. If he performed well as a minister I would had supported him. Nigeria. Students encountered the worst strike action during his reign.

You hear him say "I want to chase Apc away, is that a goal"

1 Like

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by rodbel(m): 11:06am On Dec 05, 2014
ijawcitizen:

Then you must be lying to yourself and still believing the lie.

5 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by rodbel(m): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2014
2cato:

Ahn Ahn!!! Bros. You wasted all the money spent educating you.

I cringe when i see the way some of our so called leaders of tomorrow reason embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by desgiezd(m): 11:34am On Dec 05, 2014
Its just amazing the way many of us, Nigerians, think. Many people will go to the polls to vote for their preferred choice of leaders simply because "the man is handsome" or that "he has a beautiful wife" or that "I like the way he talks". I guess this is the reason why till date one still sees vehicles from the northern part of this country with stickers of Abacha. If the man appears today and contest, he would have a large followership in spite of the fact the he ruled with iron fist while he was at the helm with nothing much accomplished.

Many of us are like slaves who have fallen in love with their chains, they would tarry for long in slavery.

We need a paradigm shift and a new orientation!

5 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by PAINGAIN: 11:35am On Dec 05, 2014
My people its not only a nigeria thing but a BLACK thing, just look at africa as a whole, ask any black american why he voted for obama,what u hear is"I'm black he's black,that's why". Anyways, we don't reason like that here in france.

2 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by T4taiwo(m): 11:40am On Dec 05, 2014
rodbel:

Ahn Ahn!!! Bros. You wasted all the money spent educating you.

I cringe when i see the way some of our so called leaders of tomorrow reason embarassed embarassed embarassed
stop the lie, how should we be the leader of tomorrow, when our great grandfather refuse to vacate what is meant for we(youth).
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by mrborntodoit: 11:51am On Dec 05, 2014
Another apigshit lie.

1 Like

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Dreyl(m): 12:10pm On Dec 05, 2014
I'm telling you,this country is doomed.
Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 05, 2014
Me at the office with my colleague;

colleague: This people will do anything to discredit Jonathan's Government because of 2015 but God will not allow it.

me: how are they discrediting his government?

colleague: all the bombs they are throwing, its the work of APC and northerners

me: how are you sure its APC and northerners?

colleague: who no know say na them? we know all this things

me: so "we" know all this things yet government no dey do anything? if government no dey person way the throw bomb, why them never arrest them?

colleague: my brother this people are powerful, wetin you want make government do?

me: no be Jonathan be commander in chief? and if na because of 2015, why them dey throw bomb for their stronghold?

colleague: my guy you don't understand how these things work, just leave matter

me: but you haven't answered me, if them dey discredit am because of 2015, why them dey discredit am in a way wey the voting strength of their strongholds go reduce?

colleague: (raising his voice) they know what they are doing, they don't want a man from that side to be president

me: and by throwing bombs and reducing their voter strengths, they will achieve their target? if election no hold for those places, na to who benefit?

colleague: guy forget, na those people the sponsor boko haram

me: to achieve wetin? to discredit Jonathan and lose their voter strength? even if them dey discredit am, as commander in chief, Jonathan no suppose stamp him authority?

colleague: just forget, all their plans no go work.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Ecounter With A Rivers PDP Member In A Cab. by signz: 12:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
chamboy:
My Experience was with Two Igbo Boys. Am Ashamed to say this they are Graduates. [/b]My Igbo friends Agree GEJ Administration is Bad but they said they don't want any other Tribe for now even if The Individual is better than GEJ[b].

It's painful Four/Five years in tertiary Institution wasted.

Are you going to blame your Igbo friends for thinking like that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern Elders Cry To Buhari. Want Biafra Crushed / Ebonyi Apc: A Party In Disarray By Philip Nweze / Adaojo Victor Mocks Dino Melaye And Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.