Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. (16015 Views)

Amazing Photos Of Grown Nigerian Quintuplets & Quadruplets / Curcumcision Of Female Children / Are Female Children Generous Than Males? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ezibless:

I don't think i'd have the mind to do sneak outs sha.

The thing is if she doesn't let me,i'l just endure. Because it's traveling out that they mainly don't approve of.

Oh so its not like they ask you not to go out.

Ehn! That one still better nah!!!
Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by kings11ng(m): 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ezibless:
Something happened last night that really got me thinking.

I know some parents can be very protective of their children,especially female children, by restricting their movements.
Some would just allow them visit few selected friends and others would be limited to just church,market,school,home,that's all. I kinda fall under the latter shagrin

It didn't really bother me while growing BECAUSE i felt with time,the level of restriction would reduce.

(did i just say it really didn't bother me I been just dey endure o, as per say i be one obedient child grin)

we're well brought up o,don't get it twisted.wink

Fast forward>>>

I graduated from school of midwifery early this year and i've been at home waiting for our MSS service.
Apart from a secondary school female friend which i seldomly visit,it's stil been the usual church,market... Stuff.

I got a call from my fellowship in school that they'd be having the sent forth of probably the last christian set in the school (did i tell you i stay in the north and the school stopped admiting christain students?...well,that's a story for another day).

Back to story...

The remaining christain students are just TWO. And they're two of my three very good friends.
So attending the sent forth is not an option for me because;

1. I am not doing anything at the moment,as in, work.
2. They are my very good friends.
3. I bought them jaw dropping gifts with the last cash on me because i felt they deserved it.
4. I have no other means of delivering it, except i go.

I don't wanna bore you with the reasons.

I hinted the news of the sent forth to my mom few days back,she didn't say anything and her countenance didn't even change.

I come feel say i get hope say i go go ooo.

Last night around 10:30pm or so,my mom and I were gisting and laughing in my room then i remembered that i haven't gotten a definite answer from her about my journery to school(about 2 and half hours journey). Then this conversation ensued between us...

Me: ehen...mom,i'd be going to school on saturday for the sent forth i told you about.
Mom: No!

(no be even question i ask o,na just statement i make )

me: but y?
Mom: nothing. You're through with school nothing should take you there again!

I opened my mouth to talk,but nothing came out.
That was how our sweet discussion turned sour.sad
My mouth was agape til she got up and left my room without a word.

A soldier walked pass me that moment and i gave him 3 dirty slaps!!!

#it happened in my mind sha.sad

That was how vexed i was!

Since then til now i've been thinking of how to convince her to let me go to the extent that all my prayers this morning was centered on itsad.

I just wonder if she didn't realise that i'm no longer 2year old. I'd be turning 22 in 5 days time for crying out loud!

Don't get me wrong,my mom is very sweet and loving,we're like ''5 and 6''. It just this her ''over protective'' attitude that i don't like.

So guys, how did you handle similar situations like this?
All parents are strict,just that some get degreegrin

Those ladies won't forgive me if i don't come. Plus,i don't wanna return the gift i bought.

And please, at what age should parents stop this movement restriction thing

Puleeaaaseee help!!!!!!!!!!!
cry ;( ;(
go without their permission n damn the consequences... once you do it like 2 or 3 more times believe me your parents will stop being overprotective
Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by fpeter(f): 8:17am On Dec 09, 2014
jahbiz:
watching carnival from balcony ke? Chai!!! Ano fit laugh. Una dey live for 7 storey building? These parents eehh.

My dear na only 1 storey o, yet she would make us watch from there all night long
then trust our friends to stand right in front of the building to torment us with their
Dance steps and all the fun they were having(I so hated my folks back then) cheesy
Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by fpeter(f): 8:30am On Dec 09, 2014
Ezibless:

Thanks!

But prayer ponits needed ASAPsmiley

Simple, Lord Jesus You see my heart and You know I am of age
Please speak to the hearts of my parents and compel them to
Cut me some slacks even as I remain faithful to You Lord and the
Good upbringing they have instilled in me, let them see that I will
Not stray from their precepts and help me Lord to remain worthy
Of their trust....Amen!
Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by Ezibless: 11:09am On Dec 09, 2014
fpeter:

Simple, Lord Jesus You see my heart and You know I am of age
Please speak to the hearts of my parents and compel them to
Cut me some slacks even as I remain faithful to You Lord and the
Good upbringing they have instilled in me, let them see that I will
Not stray from their precepts and help me Lord to remain worthy
Of their trust....Amen!

Amen!!!smiley

And ''it will come to pass''cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by Fourwinds: 6:25am On Dec 13, 2014
Ezibless:

Ok. But did you read the part where i said we're well brought up?
Some parent would stil restrict even if their children is the pope
don't think u are strong enough to "pull over". ur restriction is of benefit to u and maybe saving u. u will thank ur parents later. don't u read about atrocities committed against young female because d family is too poor to provide and dey have to go out and sell.,work or even walk late at nite or early hours of d day. learn to appreciate what dey are doing for u. outside dere is vicious u may not know but ur parents do
Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by Fourwinds: 6:32am On Dec 13, 2014
kings11ng:

go without their permission n damn the consequences... once you do it like 2 or 3 more times believe me your parents will stop being overprotective
wrong advice. freedom from from parents is not earn dis. way.
Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by Fourwinds: 6:40am On Dec 13, 2014
MICOBIN:
u hav been too obedient! dats very good though! but u gats start disobeying safely. but u might pay a lil price like, ur pocket money will be withheld for a long while but mum will later adjust to ur new ,u. take safe n calculated risks.wen u return home n she sees ur safe, she will begin to trust u ,dat ur mature to handle d wild world. she may scold u but she will cope. if u hav a safe accommodation in sch, then go. but getready for d heat! however! after d heat or rain comes sunshine. be safe. will like to know u.call me on 07034930579
so to call u when dere is heat after giving her advice to disobey her parents. Watching.....
Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
Impressive thread. Ezibless, I wish u well. Compliment of the season.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
Your parents deprived you of values that if lost now, you might gain it back in the nearest future. If they had given you as much freedom as you wish, who knows, u might have lost values that you will never be able to gain back in your life. The value lost might even affect you psychological, morally, & sociologically. pahaps, your story today may not be this. It's good if you can look ur parents in their eyes & say thank sir, thank u ma

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ezibless:
GMAIL :-Hello freind.i went through your profile and saw your post about needing title for love stories on NL. I just wanna know if you finally got coz i need'em too.
Thanks
Read false pretence by repogal,itz very interesting , its actually d one am stuckd on now...d link;. https://www.nairaland.com/1303810/false-pretenses-1st-position-romance.
Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by Ezibless: 11:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
JESUSchoice:
Read false pretence by repogal,itz very interesting , its actually d one am stuckd on now...d link;. https://www.nairaland.com/1303810/false-pretenses-1st-position-romance.

I think that was the 1st book i read when joined NL,two years ago i think.
Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 20, 2015
Ezibless:

if u have read dis one already, pls kindly tell me,i would find another 1 for u,people dnt write their stories on NL agn because pple copy and claim ownership without permittion..d link is.. https://www.nairaland.com/1343906/complicated-love-story
Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 20, 2015
Ezibless:

have u read "take me as i am" by prettyspicey?....will provide d link later.
Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ezibless:

Ok. But did you read the part where i said we're well brought up? Some parent would stil restrict even if their children is the pope
Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 25, 2016
mutter:
Listen to your mum she wants the best for you and herc instinct tells her when it is good or bad for you.
what you call instinct is actually their own experience. When they see you dress up in a certain way, at a certain time, and you move in a certain way, they quickly remember that that's how they also dressed up and moved at the time they wanted to go see their boyfriends at the time they were your age. So their outburst comes as a result of the fact that they are afraid what happened to them at the time they behaved that way, would happen to you too.
Re: Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. by tck2000(m): 10:16am On Oct 13, 2019
phew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Persistence Rash On ♍Ɣ Kids Skin / 15 Reasons Marriages Between Nigerian/African Men And American Women Fail / Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.