Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark (20676 Views)

Nairaland Poll On February Presidential Election Between Jonathan And Buhari / APC Counters Edwin Clark's Claim On Alleged Plot To Kill Jonathan / World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:40am On Dec 05, 2014
Ijaw leader and former Federal Commissioner for Information, Chief Edwin Clark, has expressed fears over President Goodluck Jonathan’s safety ahead of next year’s presidential election.

According to him, opposition politicians could kill the president in order to be in power come 2015.

The elder statesman said recent statements from the party’s chieftains were worrisome, suggesting that they would stop at nothing to harm the president to get to the seat of power.

Clark said this yesterday, in Abuja, at a conference organised by a group under the aegis of Peoples Democratic Party Ward2Ward Initiative.

He alleged that the opposition politicians in the APC were celebrating the Book Haram insurgency in the North East.

The politician said those who wish for the president’s failure want the security challenge in the country to degenerate into anarchy to make the president and his Peoples Democratic Party, PDP-led administration unpopular so that their dream of winning the hearts of Nigerian electorate to get into power could be realized.

He added that such expectation by the APC politicians was an indication that they were not only unpatriotic but never believed in the Nigerian project.

He said: “I appeal to the national chairman of APC, who is my very good friend, who in those days, we regarded as super permanent secretary, not to join those who want to take office at all cost. If it is possible, they will like to kill Jonathan, they will like to poison him provided they will get into office. Is that the Nigeria that you want?

“So, Nigerians, let me say this to you, that today, I am 87 and by May next year, I will be 88; but I do believe and I have a slogan that when you are 70 and above, you are in the departure lounge waiting for your boarding pass.

“But if you are above that, it means God has something for you to do for your people. So, when I went to the airport and God refused to give me my boarding pass, then it means there is something God wants me to do in Nigeria and my coming here, I believe that is one of the assignments God wants me to do.

“You are here today doing what you are doing because you believe in Nigeria and believe strongly that Nigeria belongs all Nigerians particularly yourselves. The future is yours, I believe that most of us on the stage will give way to you when it pleases God to do so. You are no longer going to be used by others as thugs who after election dump you.

“The problem of this country, particularly in the North East is our problem. I want to say this to you that you have a future, anybody who paints the picture of Nigeria black is unpatriotic, and he is not a Nigerian.”

Clark called on the opposition to identify itself with the government in tackling the problems in the North East “which is a Nigerian problem.”

“It is not an Hausa problem, it is not a Kanuri problem, it is a problems for all of us. But where you have an opposition thinking that they can do whatever they like, all they do is to see ‘how do we come into power, let there be anarchy and we will cure it’, if there is anarchy today in Nigeria, no political party can solve it. So why not work together with the party and government in power?

“The problem of the world is not in this country alone, everywhere in this world, there are problems-economic problems, political problems, and social problems; don’t therefore deny your country. Be proud of your country.

“The mere fact that you are in opposition, and you are not in the government party, is not enough to destroy your own country, if you do that, then you are unpatriotic, then you are not a Nigerian that I said earlier on.

“We are praying by our tongue; when recently two British citizens were hijacked and killed in Irag and Somalia, what happened? The opposition—the Labour Party joined the Conservative Party to pass a resolution to allow the British Army to go into Irag and to Syria.

“The same thing happened America, they never wanted to join the war in the Middle East again but when their people were killed, they joined together, even the Republicans were more enthusiastic persuading the government but in this country, ‘it is pull the government down then we take over!’

“Who will support you? If you are not ready to support others, will anybody support you? Nobody. So my children, this country belongs to you, it’s a wealthy country, we may have challenges in economy and other areas but those challenges must be solved by all of you and all of us to have a better Nigeria.

“‎You are no longer going to be used as thugs by politicians and dumped after elections. That is one of the problems of this country. The problem of this country is our politicians. Anybody who paints the picture of this country bad is not patriotic.

DAILYPOST POLL: Who is the best APC aspirant for president?
“I wish many more Nigerian youths will join what you are doing. We want a better Nigeria where nobody is superior or inferior to the other. A Nigeria where we are all equal and a Nigeria where you can aspire to become anything.”

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/05/apc-leaders-may-kill-jonathan-february-presidential-elections-clark/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

9 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by BrightEye(m): 9:50am On Dec 05, 2014
Goodluck is always lucky...... If this plot is true, am sure he would escape it.

8 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Gbawe: 9:53am On Dec 05, 2014
This is very careless talk from Clark. It will only heat up an already very hot polity. No one is planning to assassinate a President Nigerians themselves are ready to take out with their vote.

128 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:53am On Dec 05, 2014
His subtle threat to have us accept the failure jonathan didn't fly an inch, hence this sympathy drive!

Yeye people!

82 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Kx: 9:56am On Dec 05, 2014
Ethnic politics!

Since "I had no shoes" will no longer work
They want to whip up sentiments to present him as a humble lamb.
For crying out loud he had 6 years to do the right things and avoid all this 11th hour "all body" tactics.

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by LordMecuzy(m): 10:00am On Dec 05, 2014
hmm
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by LordMecuzy(m): 10:00am On Dec 05, 2014
Kill him?

Nope Sir, except u mean his removal tru d polls come 2015.

46 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by SeverusSnape(m): 10:02am On Dec 05, 2014
THESE OUR SO CALLED ELDERS ARE GETTING ON OUR NERVES....APC has nothing to gain by killing the president. #teamnonpartisan

47 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Arch1: 10:03am On Dec 05, 2014
The last time we checked, Tompolo, An Ijaw militant was the one that threatened to kill Jonathan if he comes to warri for the commissioning of the EPZ

87 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by kokoA(m): 10:04am On Dec 05, 2014
This people never stop taking ogogoro.. Even at old age. Smh.

65 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 05, 2014
Senility at 87 is not bad.

32 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Crocz(m): 10:15am On Dec 05, 2014
It's amazing people begin to remember God and fear death when they are close to the harbour, Chief cheesy Clark had 50 odd years to make a significant contribution and impact change...he once had the mojo but now, pthciewww! --- I can sense regrets in his words of a dying man

"Make a difference in your Youth years, they are the most important part of your life"

6 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by chymystique(f): 10:18am On Dec 05, 2014
hmmmmm!

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Alphaoscar: 10:21am On Dec 05, 2014
old age is worrying this man and Nigerians are also ready to send both him and his Godson back to the creek.

24 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by salam1(m): 10:31am On Dec 05, 2014
Criosly dis man is high. If dey kill him dat mins na him people kill am cos he's sorounded by his people.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 05, 2014
What nonsense!!! Is this not the same man that threatened hell should Jonathan lose? What is he saying sef? It is glaring to all of them that Jonathan's tenure will end in 2015 and woe betide anyone that attempts to make trouble. The Government of General Muhammadu Buhari will unleash the full weight of the law against such people...ask the Chadians and Maitatsine what they saw!

Back to topic: nobody is after Jonathan's life, instead they tried but in vain to kill Muhammadu Buhari and Mallam Sanusi. Clark should take his sermon to his boys in Aso Rock. Who takes him serious anyway...? Definitely not me

54 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by patrickmuf(m): 10:40am On Dec 05, 2014
2cato:
@all the posters above me esp gbawe the diunkerd why is it that truth is always bitter to APC and cyber rodent? By the time APCs BH footsoldiers have finish bombing everybody into extinction who would the be govern?
Empty vessel...

14 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Bimpe29: 10:53am On Dec 05, 2014
Baba must you talk all the time? If you don't have something good/nice to say then you keep quiet. My dear president shall not be killed.

2 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Trailblazer1(m): 10:55am On Dec 05, 2014
Obiagelli:
Senility at 87 is not bad.

Yet more relevant than your father

20 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by BlackTechnology: 10:57am On Dec 05, 2014
Nigeria go scatter be that. angry
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Lilimax(f): 11:05am On Dec 05, 2014
What an expensive allegation undecided
It should not be this time.

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by 2cato: 11:05am On Dec 05, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Why are you this foolish?
truth has always been a bitter pill to you and ur fellow APCminions who are hell bent on given nigeria a bad and evil name.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by ofala(m): 11:08am On Dec 05, 2014
I expect the SSS to arrest Mr Clark IMMEDIATELY so he can help in giving vital tips on how to arrest those who are "planning to kill Mr President"...

Enough of these unrepentant deceits fooling themselves in the name of trying to garner unmerited sentiments

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by 2cato: 11:09am On Dec 05, 2014
patrickmuf:
all APC cyber rodents are Empty vessel...
your head dey there

5 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Jesusloveyou: 11:39am On Dec 05, 2014
BlackTechnology:
Nigeria go scatter be that. angry
in fela voice:if he die,he die for nothing,yeye yeye.murtala,Abacha,yardua,die.nigeria remain.but gej wil not die,he wil live,to see how buhari wil make nigeria great again.

37 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by BlackTechnology: 11:40am On Dec 05, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
in fela voice:if he die,he die for nothing,yeye yeye.murtala,Abacha,yardua,die.nigeria remain.but gej wil not die,he wil live,to see how buhari wil make nigeria great again.

OK kill Him and see our reaction.

4 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by cocoduck: 11:53am On Dec 05, 2014
These APC People self. ah ah
Look you don't play politics by abusing the president. Edwin Clark has every right to be worried about GEJ's safety, because the way and leaders abuse and talk about him is very very uncivilized. when they abuse him, they feel good but when any of GEJ's supporters talk back, the person has committed a mortal sin. Just read the comments above by apc boys and you will marvel at how animalistic they are. What exactly did the man say that is bad or wrong? Going by the way you people abuse GEJ. you have change your ways and act civilized for once, you don't have the monopoly of abuses or violence.

11 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 05, 2014
According to Saharareporters, a coffin arrived PDP secretariat in Abuja yesterday, very soon the intended owner will occupy it.

10 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2014
Idle chat.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes / Tinubu Appoints Abdullahi Usman Bello As Chairman, Code of Conduct Bureau / Soldiers Flog, Boots Protesting Women In Delta State..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.