Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Tourists In Kenya Get Married Maasai Style!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tourists In Kenya Get Married Maasai Style!!! (1529 Views)

Tourists On Vacation In Africa See Python Inside Their Engine(video+pic) / Lion Attacks & Kills An Antelope While Tourists Watch From Their Cars (photos) / List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tourists In Kenya Get Married Maasai Style!!! by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 05, 2014
In all the bad publicity of terrorism that's going on, two couples still made there dreams come true as they got married in Maasai-Mara in Masai style with maasai inspired fashion!!!!

Wedding photographer Jonas Peterson has shot brides and grooms in all sorts of beautiful places around the world, but he says this recent wedding in Kenya might be the most spectacular of the bunch.

"I didn’t know Africa would touch me so deeply," the Melbourne-based photographer wrote on his blog. "It sung to me in a way I didn’t know possible, found new chords and played on strings I didn’t know I had inside me."

"The bride of the Maasai normally wear a lot of jewelry, and the necklace, called enkarewa, is especially important," the bride told The Huffington Post in an email. "When I first told my closest friend in the Maasai community about our wedding, he came back to me with a necklace and bracelets as a special gift made for me by his family. The stick carried by Sebastian was also a gift from the local Maasai community."

photos...

Re: Tourists In Kenya Get Married Maasai Style!!! by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: Tourists In Kenya Get Married Maasai Style!!! by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 05, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Tourists In Kenya Get Married Maasai Style!!! by MANGAM(m): 11:02am On Dec 05, 2014
Wow!
Re: Tourists In Kenya Get Married Maasai Style!!! by Rhukie(f): 11:08am On Dec 05, 2014
beautiful
Re: Tourists In Kenya Get Married Maasai Style!!! by REMMEI(m): 11:35am On Dec 05, 2014
I wan marry o....
Re: Tourists In Kenya Get Married Maasai Style!!! by JEITO: 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
Did they jump like the Massai do?
Re: Tourists In Kenya Get Married Maasai Style!!! by aminho(m): 6:14am On Dec 06, 2014
spectacular
Re: Tourists In Kenya Get Married Maasai Style!!! by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 06, 2014
JEITO:
Did they jump like the Massai do?

At the end of the ceremony, they did dance with the masais, as an honor to their tradition
Re: Tourists In Kenya Get Married Maasai Style!!! by NighttWalker(m): 11:09am On Dec 06, 2014
These pictures are beautiful I must say

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Important Info Regarding Nigerian Passport / Unable To Submit Visa Appointment After Filling The Form / Things To See In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.