Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Does Location Affects Some Animals Behaviour In Nigeria? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Does Location Affects Some Animals Behaviour In Nigeria? (936 Views)

Photo: Behold! what would you call this strange animals? 'a nairalander's pet' / 10 Incredible Hybrid Animals You Wouldn’t Believe Exist. (PHOTOS) / Incredibly Intelligent Behaviour Shown By Spiders, Smart, But Scary! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Location Affects Some Animals Behaviour In Nigeria? by homesteady(m): 11:31am On Dec 05, 2014
Researcher - Prof. Homesteady

Thesis - Location affects some animals behaviour in Nigeria.

Animals involved - Agama Lizard and rats

Locations used - Kano, Kaduna and Benin - all in Nigeria. (kano and kaduna representing the North, and Benin representing the South )

Observation - In all my years of staying in the North, I see Lizards everyday and rats frequently. It was also a normal thing for them to run away when they see me coming, they won't even wait for me to raise my arm before they dash off.
But the whole story changed when I came to the South, I noticed the stubborn nature of the lizards first, I noticed that they were not afraid to come near me, they even had the guts to struggle for space on the road with me. for example, when I'm walking through a pathway, and a lizard is coming from the opposite side, in the North, the lizard will run away, but here in the South, the ugly lizard will just stay there and be looking at me 'eye to eye' hian undecided
Also, sometimes when I'm sitting outside, a lizard can just come and pass under my legs shocked it can be so scary sometimes. Lastly, they are also very ugly!

As for rats, hmmm na this one shock me pass grin I went to my friend's hostel one early morning like that, as I was passing I saw many rats, and I expected them to run away as usual, but instead they even kept coming close! my heart was already pounding thinking it was one of this poisonous rats, and it was coming to bite me, then I ran away oh gringrin THANKGOD people were not yet outside.
But in the North, who dash rat liver to see me and not run away?

Conclusion - Animals in the North are not as bold as their fellow counterparts in the South, hence, location affects animals behaviour in Nigeria!
Re: Does Location Affects Some Animals Behaviour In Nigeria? by Vivly(f): 12:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
What of animals in the east and west?
This research is incomplete! grin
Re: Does Location Affects Some Animals Behaviour In Nigeria? by rioemmanuel(m): 12:53pm On Dec 05, 2014
homesteady:
Researcher - Prof. Homesteady

Thesis - Location affects some animals behaviour in Nigeria.

Animals involved - Agama Lizard and rats

Locations used - Kano, Kaduna and Benin - all in Nigeria. (kano and kaduna representing the North, and Benin representing the South )

Observation - In all my years of staying in the North, I see Lizards everyday and rats frequently. It was also a normal thing for them to run away when they see me coming, they won't even wait for me to raise my arm before they dash off.
But the whole story changed when I came to the South, I noticed the stubborn nature of the lizards first, I noticed that they were not afraid to come near me, they even had the guts to struggle for space on the road with me. for example, when I'm walking through a pathway, and a lizard is coming from the opposite side, in the North, the lizard will run away, but here in the South, the ugly lizard will just stay there and be looking at me 'eye to eye' hian undecided
Also, sometimes when I'm sitting outside, a lizard can just come and pass under my legs shocked it can be so scary sometimes. Lastly, they are also very ugly!

As for rats, hmmm na this one shock me pass grin I went to my friend's hostel one early morning like that, as I was passing I saw many rats, and I expected them to run away as usual, but instead they even kept coming close! my heart was already pounding thinking it was one of this poisonous rats, and it was coming to bite me, then I ran away oh gringrin THANKGOD people were not yet outside.
But in the North, who dash rat liver to see me and not run away?

Conclusion - Animals in the North are not as bold as their fellow counterparts in the South, hence, location affects animals behaviour in Nigeria!
grin
Re: Does Location Affects Some Animals Behaviour In Nigeria? by homesteady(m): 2:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
Vivly:
What of animals in the east and west?
This research is incomplete! grin

I'm sure the animals in the east and west also behave like the animals in the south grin
Re: Does Location Affects Some Animals Behaviour In Nigeria? by Danhumprey: 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2014
Wonderful! Not only lizards and rats. Even goats too. I remember growing up in the North,the goats are too scare to go near human beings. But here in the South,the goats are not afraid. You just pass by them,and they will just stop what they are doing and start starring at you as if you are an alien from another planet.embarassed

At other time,goats in the Southern part are not afraid of coming near you when they are forraging for food. They are not even scared of brushing their bodies against you.grin
Re: Does Location Affects Some Animals Behaviour In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
yeah i agee with you the rats i see i Kano i so scared of coming close ,na for OAU i see rat dey bounce for road as if i be him mate.
OAU rats i hail o
Re: Does Location Affects Some Animals Behaviour In Nigeria? by mumumugu(m): 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2014
Fulanis behave like cows
Re: Does Location Affects Some Animals Behaviour In Nigeria? by FlintGuevara(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2014
You fail to establish any relationship between location and how it affects animal relationship.

(1) (Reply)

This Is What I Call Love For Your Pet / Sausage Dog Poses With Her 6 Tiny Sausages For Maternity Photoshoot (pictures) / Super Quality 3months Female Slant Back Gsd For Sale(video Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.