Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Who Can Explain This Phenomenon - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Can Explain This Phenomenon (806 Views)

Can Someone Explain This Picture..lol Hilarious / What Is The Cause Of This Phenomenon Please / Please Explain The Following Terms In Automatic Transmission Vehicles: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Explain This Phenomenon by nurey(m): 11:47am On Dec 05, 2014
When you switch on the light of the car (head lamp, fog light etc) you notice the brake light also comes on and stays on but when the brake is depressed, the brake light switches off but comes on again when the brake isn't depressed again. what i want to know is does it mean the bulb of the brake light indicator is spoilt or it signals the brake on the affected side of the car is faulty. Gurus please help clarify
Re: Who Can Explain This Phenomenon by AutosBay(m): 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2014
Check the brake light switch.
In most cars, the brake lights are activated by a switch that is depressed when you hit the brake pedal. I'm not familiar with your model, but the switch is probably visible when you look up under the dash. While the lights are stuck on, look to see if the switch is sticking (stays on even if you lift the pedal up) or if the pedal is just adjusted too low or the switch too high (light turns off when you lift the pedal up). Once you determine what is causing the problem, you can fix it.

If, like you said, the brake pedal is sticking, look around and see if you can tell why. Look at the mechanics. Is something binding, is it dirty, is a spring broken. If you still can't figure out what the problem is, take it to a mechanic. This isn't the kind of problem you want to let go.
Re: Who Can Explain This Phenomenon by nurey(m): 1:46pm On Dec 05, 2014
Seems you don't understand what I am saying I drive a 2000 toyota sienna I saw it 2 days ago on a 2005 toyota prado and also on other cars, at night the brake light is on (when you switch on the head lights) but once you depress the brake that particular side turns off and once the brake is let go it comes on again I know this because there are normally 3 brake lights on suvs and buses once the middle one comes on and the red brake light is brighter one side does come on like the bulb is gone but once the brake is Let go, the two side brake lights come on again but dim.
Re: Who Can Explain This Phenomenon by nurey(m): 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2014
I finally found a solution, my bulb was bad on the left hand side reason for only switching on in dim and going off in full
www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/243

(1) (Reply)

What Could Be The Cause Of This?please Help / Heloo Guru I Neeed Ur Help / Driving School In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.