Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out (1794 Views)

Man Who Abandoned His Wife And Twins Speaks Out / My Husband Thinks I Lied 2 Him About My Virginity Bcz I Didnt Bleed The 1st Time / House Maid Beat Young Child To Near Death In Uganda (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out by bigtt76(f): 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2014
Imagine @bolded ...the lawyer needs beating too

Jolly Tumuhiirwe, a Ugandan nanny who has been dubbed the 'monster maid', has spoken out about the events around the tragic beating of the child she was supposed to take care of, 18-month-old Arnella.

Tumuhiirwe held up a pink t-shirt spotted with blood and according to Ugandan Online.net, she was not aware there was a video camera in the house. She was apparently shocked when Eric Kamanzi, the father of the toddler, started beating her, which lead to her opening a police case.

Ugandan Online.net adds that Tumuhiirwe sustained serious injuries, including welts on her back, from being caned and was quoted as saying: 'Arnella was lucky, she did not bleed, but I bled.'

Meanwhile Ugandan human rights lawyer Ladislaus Rwakafuzi has offered to represent Tumuhirwe in court according to Zambia’s The Post newspaper.

“I would gladly try to help her because the world has turned against her. She needs legal counsel; the constitution presumes her innocent till [proven] guilty despite all that we have seen,” Rwakafuzi said.

Rwakafuzi expressed doubts about the video’s authenticity, saying, “I wonder how a person weighing 80kg can step on a baby and there is no physical harm on the back.”

His offer comes after civil society organisations distanced themselves from Tumuhirwe, saying they couldn’t offer aid, given the nature of her offense.

Federation of Uganda Women Lawyers (FIDA) chairperson Eunice Musiime said, “We condemn in the strongest terms any torture of children. Instead, we are considering supporting the parents to pursue justice. We want to clear the air. There was speculation that FIDA was involved and yet we are not.”

Rwakafuzi previously defended the July 2010 Kampala bomb suspects.

Source: http://myjoyonline.com/world/2014/November-29th/she-was-lucky-she-didnt-bleed-i-bled-ugandas-monster-maid-speaks-out.php#sthash.vnCHRtZf.dpuf
Re: She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out by amAZEing: 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2014
very bad comment from a would be murderer and mother
Re: She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out by dreydee(m): 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rwakafuzi expressed doubts about the video’s authenticity, saying, “I wonder how a person weighing 80kg can step on a baby and there is no physical harm on the back.”

VERY DULL LAWYER grin

2 Likes

Re: She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out by Tallesty1(m): 5:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
amAZEing:
very bad comment from a would be murderer and mother
Very Very Bad but nobody knows what the maid has been true.

It is man that makes man to be wicked.
Re: She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
One thing for sure;
This maid is a monster in human skin. Such audacity.
Re: She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out by illicit(m): 6:35am On Dec 29, 2014
That lawyer is a sadist
Re: She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out by duperola(f): 6:42am On Dec 29, 2014
no matter what d maid went 2ru,takin it out on d innocent baby is just inhuman!
Re: She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 29, 2014
The lawyer is just doing her job.
Courts and justice depends on mainly two things:
1) Arguments or debates
2) Evidences

I pray the baby gets justice. She suffered and she didnt deserve it no matter what.
Re: She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out by Wallade(m): 10:45am On Dec 29, 2014
The lawyer is just trying to make money and increase popularity.
Re: She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out by LordReed(m): 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
dreydee:

VERY DULL LAWYER grin

Well it's his job to introduce doubt but come on what will the father gain by falsifying the video? Sometimes you just want to smack lawyers upside the head.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Brother Stabbed Me Multiple Times Without Remorse! / 3 Basic Ways To Make Your Woman Love You Hard / My Wife’s Attitude Changed After Working For A Few Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.