Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Lenovo K3 Launched, To Compete With Xiaomi Redmi - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lenovo K3 Launched, To Compete With Xiaomi Redmi (1876 Views)

Li-fi Gets Ready To Compete With Wi-fi / How To Root And Install Cwm On Lenovo K3 Note / Lenovo K3 Note First Hand Review By Fiilosofer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lenovo K3 Launched, To Compete With Xiaomi Redmi by Geestunnar(m): 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2014
Today Lenovo unofficially
unveiled a new budget
smartphone with a rather silly
code name - Lenovo K3 "Music
Lemon". The device appeared on
JD, one of China's largest
retailers, and it seems it will be
offered exclusively by them only
online, much like Xiaomi
handsets. The reasons behind
such a marketing strategy are
plentiful, especially for budget
phones, but one does also get
the feeling that Lenovo is
launching a contra offensive
against Xiaomi's Redmi 1S in
particular.
The Lenovo K3 is a solid entry
level smartphone with a more
than attractive price tag of
CNY599, or roughly $97. For that
you get a quad-core Snapdragon
410 SoC, clocked at 1.2GHz, 1GB
of RAM and 16GB onboard
storage plus a card slot. When
you throw in a 5 inch 1280 x
720 pixel IPS display, LTE and two
decent cameras (8 MP main and
2 MP front) you do get an
obviously superior hardware
platform, than the one inside the
rival Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
The "Music Lemon", as its name
hints, features a vibrant yellow
back, although it seems to have
little to no other apparent
connection to lemons or music
for that matter, besides perhaps
the inclusion of Waves
MaxxAudio sound tech.
The device measures 141 x 70.5
x 7.9mm and is powered by a
2300mAh battery.
It seems that for now the device
will be available only in China, but
with such a compelling price tag,
perhaps Lenovo will decide to
push it, or at least a similar
smartphone to foreign markets
as well.

Re: Lenovo K3 Launched, To Compete With Xiaomi Redmi by Geestunnar(m): 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
Re: Lenovo K3 Launched, To Compete With Xiaomi Redmi by acenazt: 5:36pm On Dec 05, 2014
Men I wonder how this Chinese guys Think. how would you name a phone music lemon?? the name lenovo on its own is sour on the tongue.
Re: Lenovo K3 Launched, To Compete With Xiaomi Redmi by Geestunnar(m): 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
acenazt:
Men I wonder how this Chinese guys Think. how would you name a phone music lemon?? the name lenovo on its own is sour on the tongue.
grin
Re: Lenovo K3 Launched, To Compete With Xiaomi Redmi by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2014
the phone is great........ but I've never seen a *lonovo* phone in any phone shop here in edo state..... I'd love to buy it but I don't know where to get it
Re: Lenovo K3 Launched, To Compete With Xiaomi Redmi by tomakint: 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
Lenovo products are excellent no doubt! Wao, I love this......
Re: Lenovo K3 Launched, To Compete With Xiaomi Redmi by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
sweet.
Re: Lenovo K3 Launched, To Compete With Xiaomi Redmi by tmtech: 11:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
acenazt:
U av no idea how big d lenovo company is..... There major android device target is d chinese market, datz y dey go for names dat appeals to d chinese guyz and also made it colorful.. Chinese pple love color riot..............lenovo bought motorola from google dis yr
Re: Lenovo K3 Launched, To Compete With Xiaomi Redmi by acenazt: 7:20am On Dec 06, 2014
tmtech:

U av no idea how big d lenovo company is..... There major android device target is d chinese market, datz y dey go for names dat appeals to d chinese guyz and also made it colorful.. Chinese pple love color riot..............lenovo bought motorola from google dis yr
I have a very good idea how big lenovo is. have known their products for up to 13 years now. I used to play games on my inlaw's lenovo Java phone when he was dating my aunt.
Re: Lenovo K3 Launched, To Compete With Xiaomi Redmi by Smartmanager(m): 11:33am On Dec 06, 2014
lilbest4:
the phone is great........ but I've never seen a *lonovo* phone in any phone shop here in edo state..... I'd love to buy it but I don't know where to get it
Lenovo phones are great. I have used p770 and P780

(1) (Reply)

The Newly Released HTC DESIRE 826: Everything You Need To Know / Can Someone Help Me Out? / MTN Why The Reduction In The Validity Period Of Free Data Bundle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.