Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,448 members, 7,801,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children (2851 Views)

Curcumcision Of Female Children / Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees / Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by onyekachee(f): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2014
It is saddening to know that most african women do not get along well with their daughters,they try using cussing words on them at every slight provocation and even not so free with them,I want to hear your opinions
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by iykedare(m): 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2014
That is not so true. Most mothers are tough on their female kids just to ensure that they do not go astray. It is so easy to raise a boy than to raise a girl. Once a girl goes astray,she may never `see the light` again until probably life experiences cautions her
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by coogar: 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2014
onyekachee:
It is saddening to know that most african women do not get along well with their daughters,they try using cussing words on them at every slight provocation and even not so free with them,I want to hear your opinions

don't worry yourself about that anymore...
the trend is about to change. feminazis, misandrists, androphobics, female chauvinists, etc are starting to become mothers en masse in nigeria. very soon, you will start seeing mothers who will never get along with their sons. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by cococandy(f): 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
OP are you high? If your mom wasn't kind to your sisters,mine was awesome to me.
I can die for my Mother.
So shut up

2 Likes

Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
I believe mothers are kinda strict with their daughters upbringing, but not the way you're implying. Your write-up is aggressive. And another thing is you generalized way too much.
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by thorpido(m): 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2014
Op,what environment were you raised in?
My mom was not harsh with my sisters and didn't use such language to address them.
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by jnrbayano(m): 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2014
My mum generally was so loving to her daughters. The legacy she laid down, my sisters carried it to their respective homes.

While alive, she was an expert in the field of Home Economics. She managed our home astutely. Her culinary skills, champion. Her choice of clothes, unique (she made most dresses she wore). She grooms well and she's also a good child trainer.

Despite all these qualities, she understood very clearly is the almighty God who trains children.

These skills rub off on my sisters, in fact, they were so fortunate to have learnt from her.

She will scold them time and time again when they err but, she does that with love.

Op,

My mum does not fall into that category, notwithstanding, I do relate with your views about most African women.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by jnrbayano(m): 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
cococandy:
OP are you high? If your mom wasn't kind to your sisters,mine was awesome to me.
I can die for my Mother.
So shut up

Are you the one who typed this?

shocked

3 Likes

Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by nickz(m): 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
you need to meet my mum.....she gave we the boys beta ironhandgringrin
my dad was also strict but not always around
my mum then dey show us fire for fire
i remember the day my eldest bro was grumbling when he was 12 or sogrin
my mum went inside untie wrapper and wore very firm trousershockedshockedgringrin
funny womangrin

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by lilmax(m): 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
At op not all...don't mistake strict with cruel
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by cococandy(f): 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
jnrbayano:

Are you the one who typed this?

shocked
no angry
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by SAMBARRY: 10:26pm On Dec 05, 2014
cococandy:
I can die for my Mother.
So shut up
gbam
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by GSKing: 10:46pm On Dec 05, 2014
cococandy:
I can die for my Mother.
So shut up

You're lucky. Not every mum is like yours. Really.

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by cococandy(f): 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2014
GSKing:

You're lucky. Not every mum is like yours. Really.
well yes but majority aren't like the way OP is making us believe that they are.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by soonest(f): 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2014
cococandy:
I can die for my Mother.
So shut up
Surprised shocked! Dats too harsh now

3 Likes

Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by Kimoni: 11:18pm On Dec 05, 2014
Hehehehe

I see symptoms.... lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by onyekachee(f): 11:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
cococandy:
I can die for my Mother.
So shut up
can't you pass your opinion without sounding the way you did,if your mum is good to you and your siblings,that's fine and good for u

4 Likes

Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by Agrika: 11:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
iykedare:
That is not so true. Most mothers are tough on their female kids just to ensure that they do not go astray. It is so easy to raise a boy than to raise a girl. Once a girl goes astray,she may never `see the light` again until probably life experiences cautions her
"It's so easy to raise a boy"
That's the lie most people especially Nigerian mothers deceive themselves with, it's actually so easy to raise a female child,...all she needs is constant love and attention so as to build-up her self-esteem, in short when all the wahala starts is during the teenage years and who are the chief architects of these wahala? BOYS! Person no go train him son well later d boy go dey look for person daughter to spoil...if only mothers and fathers would direct the exact amount of energy and "gra gra" they use in training thier female kids to thier sons, this world would have been a better place to some extent

4 Likes

Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by cococandy(f): 11:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
onyekachee:
can't you pass your opinion without sounding the way you did,if your mum is good to you and your siblings,that's fine and good for u

I'm sorry.
Pls accept my apology

7 Likes

Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by cococandy(f): 11:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
Agrika:
.if only mothers and fathers would direct the exact amount of energy and "gra gra" they use in training thier female kids to thier sons, this world would have been a better place to some extent

2 Likes

Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by EfemenaXY: 12:06am On Dec 06, 2014
onyekachee:

Speak for yourself.

Where did you get your statistics from?
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by jnrbayano(m): 7:26am On Dec 06, 2014
cococandy:

I'm sorry.
Pls accept my apology

I am not surprised again.

You typed this
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by cococandy(f): 7:29am On Dec 06, 2014
jnrbayano:

I am not surprised again.

You typed this
onye ara cheesy
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by jnrbayano(m): 7:30am On Dec 06, 2014
cococandy:
onye ara cheesy

cheesy
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by holycrown7(m): 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
Though am a man, but I have a mother, a sister, a daughter, (& funningly) a step sister. Most mother are cruiel with their females kids, not because they hate their daughter but because they are afraid what is missing in them may also be missing in their daughter, they feel the inability, incompetent and what they lack may affect those girls. But in my home am working on women self esteem to avoid such. Self Esteem is the problem.
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by Livingwalker(m): 4:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
Agrika:

"It's so easy to raise a boy"
That's the lie most people especially Nigerian mothers deceive themselves with, it's actually so easy to raise a female child,...all she needs is constant love and attention so as to build-up her self-esteem, in short when all the wahala starts is during the teenage years and who are the chief architects of these wahala? BOYS! Person no go train him son well later d boy go dey look for person daughter to spoil...if only mothers and fathers would direct the exact amount of energy and "gra gra" they use in training thier female kids to thier sons, this world would have been a better place to some extent
unless you didn't grow with an average or under average parents you would know that them dey manhandle there boys with iron hand wella almost 70% of Nigeria parents trained there boys well
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by Agrika: 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2014
Livingwalker:

unless you didn't grow with an average or under average parents you would know that them dey manhandle there boys with iron hand wella almost 70% of Nigeria parents trained there boys well
O really are you sure, then what or who rather is responsible for the abusive/baby husbands and boyfriends, not to talk of the rapists, suicide bombers etc...no be person born those ones
Re: Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 07, 2014
@ op, CRUEL is not the right word except the mother is having 'issues with herself.'
There are bad, worse,good and better mothers. The not too good mothers are very few . A mum may be tough on her female kids due to various reasons:
The environment, circumstances surrounding the child's birth, motherly love, ignorance e.t.c there must be a reason .

(1) (Reply)

Advice Me On The Matter Please... Family Matter / Is It Good To Slap Or Hit A Wife Who Has Bad Mouth.?? / I Think My Wife Has "Split Personality" ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.