Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) (34493 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her Baby In Onitsha For N500,000 (Photo) / Robbers Attack Inspector, Steal N50,000(photo) / Masquerades In Police Net For Robbing Trader Of N57,000 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 06, 2014
majekdom2:
whose business is it ? if you like do what is more than drugs , when it catches up with you , thats when you know those who call themselves your friends now .. dont care about you.
I actually don't have any friends... where you from
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by kingthreat(m): 9:04am On Dec 06, 2014
Sagamite:

So God was sitting on his heavenly arsse until he milked £100K out of people?

You cretinous cuntt. You have begun with your sacrilegious runts again
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 06, 2014
musicwriter:

I'm sorry, your understanding of slavery is very limited. Yes, slavery may have started off as an individual venture but once it proved lucrative it became a national trade. Not even the Brits began it but the Portuguise and Spanish and once it proved lucrative every other European country (Britain, France, Germany, e.t.c) wanted to be a part of the business. The monarchs made policies of who and what part of the world to explore which is why they were later able to return to those explored lands as administrators/governors i.e colonialists.

Slavery and colonialism were mass crimes against Africans. Nobody was exempted. It was not selective. Every African suffered.

And no, African Americans shouldn't be the ones to cry injustice. They were not Americans before they were kidnapped. They were Africans, our brother and sisters.
Are you even aware some of them are seeking their African origin?.
My point is not every white man was involved in slave trade , Karma is not in any mans hand to decide. crime is crime , no matter how we try to sweeten it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by musicwriter(m): 9:23am On Dec 06, 2014
majekdom2:
My point is not every white man was involved in slave trade , Karma is not in any mans hand to decide. crime is crime , no matter how we try to sweeten it.

Exactly my original point!. Whoever commits crime the law of karma will be waiting for them. If white people commit crimes in Africa, no matter how long the law of karma will not fail. That was exactly my original comment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by popplm(m): 9:40am On Dec 06, 2014
is this a news?...i beg who knows where i fit edit document for my new client?
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by james2man: 9:41am On Dec 06, 2014
Amya:

Don't get it twisted bro. There's no individual with a good mind who goes on to be part of the government and become coerced to steal. The seat is not the problem, but the individuals who sit on it. Like you, these people were once youths like you with a similar corrupt mindset like you. That's why when ever they get to that seat, all they think of doing is looting. They have that get rich quick mindset and probably blamed their government for the vice they were into. When they get into power, guess what they'll do? yes your guess is as good as mine.

The rot is with the individuals. Any of whom can make up the government at some points in their lives. These government people are Nigerians! They think and act like the typical Nigerian! I'm actually sure that most of the people who actually point fingers at govt will actually become part of the govt and do worse even! let's be honest! When we continue this blame game, we will never progress as a people. this rot is in most of us, that explains why anyone who gets to top positions in the country always want to steal all they can before leaving. That's now the modus operandi. we can never grow with that mindset.

The best way we can move both our country and ourselves is get rid of the criminal mindset and move forward. Work hard and make your own money. Think outside the box. If you have the brain to plan elaborate scams, Then you can use such mighty to brain to do something legit that might fetch you clean money! If you slave year in year out to make some money and one day someone comes to take it away, how will you feel! There are lots of people making a decent living from doing legit businesses. join them please.

As I said before, there's no justification for criminality. None at all.

You aren't getting my POINT... What i'm still saying is that BAD human behavior is the product of the environment and not because we are evil... I guess you're not a NIGERIAN, you talked about the SEAT just like it's a HERITAGE passed from one family to another, or just a mere SEAT in the sitting room.. Forgetting that NIGERIA politics is even corrupt, who has ever gotten to that SEAT without any form of fraud? whether bribery or whatsoever. The practice of godfatherism has become one of the greatest problems facing the Nigerian political system, i guess you aren't seeing it from that angle. 2015 election is around the corner so many negative stories is springing up already. All these things are factors.

The past 15yrs years has been a record of corruption of highest order from one government administration to another. Millions of youth corp can't secure a job after year of service due to high rate of unemployment. So much to talk about. Very acceptable, i still subscribe to your point about no justification for criminality and we should cultivate the habit of good work. But there is need to consider the CAUSE AND EFFECT factors, Until then we can provide solution to this problems and build a better nation.
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Hembelembe: 10:09am On Dec 06, 2014
The way d Adewale's re roaming about london street sef tire me. Mojority of all d bad news about nigerians is always coming from d uk. Abeg na only uk dey dis world? That is why I do not envy them when they say "I base abroad" cos I don't know what they do there

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by onyeguy: 10:23am On Dec 06, 2014
WAS IT? NOT A SURPRISE TO ME BECAUSE YOLOBA`S HAS BEEN ON FRAUD GAME LINE SINCE 1899 undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by queen47: 10:38am On Dec 06, 2014
omenka:
What that policeman said in the third video is totally unacceptable, calling "Nigerians the curse of Africa and Ibos the curse of Nigeria"!! What manner of police officer says things like that??angry

Thought i was the only one that felt same way about that
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 06, 2014
james2man:

You aren't getting my POINT... What i'm still saying is that BAD human behavior is the product of the environment and not because we are evil... I guess you're not a NIGERIAN, you talked about the SEAT just like it's a HERITAGE passed from one family to another, or just a mere SEAT in the sitting room.. Forgetting that NIGERIA politics is even corrupt, who has ever gotten to that SEAT without any form of fraud? whether bribery or whatsoever. The practice of godfatherism has become one of the greatest problems facing the Nigerian political system, i guess you aren't seeing it from that angle. 2015 election is around the corner so many negative stories is springing up already. All these things are factors.

The past 15yrs years has been a record of corruption of highest order from one government administration to another. Millions of youth corp can't secure a job after year of service due to high rate of unemployment. So much to talk about. Very acceptable, i still subscribe to your point about no justification for criminality and we should cultivate the habit of good work. But there is need to consider the CAUSE AND EFFECT factors, Until then we can provide solution to this problems and build a better nation.
bro , no be naija matter bad pass for africa now , why always naija .... I know you will say population but na criminals dey born pass ... you see the problem . all these are no excuses really. crime is not an option . if you wanna commit crime , commit t in your country not in another man's
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 06, 2014
lalasticlala:
A Nigerian man, Adewale Adewole based in the UK, is now facing jail time after admitting to four-count charges of fraud, Daily Mail reports.

Adewole is said to have used a picture of an actual Royal Marine Commando called Joshua McGowan, as his display picture.

Sources say he told the women he had been robbed at his “orphanage,” and so they sent him money and paid his bills. Unknown to them, Adewole was diverting the money into his wife’s bank account. He also spent the money on expensive designer clothes, iPads, and TVs.

Investigations revealed that whenever he set up dates with the women, he would never show up.

Prosecutor, Charlotte Brandon told the court.

The married father of two allegedly scammed the women out of almost £100,000 after pretending to be a Royal Marine on Match.com, named Timmy Francis, who owned an orphanage in Africa. On one of his profiles, he had the nickname ‘Charismatic Brit,’ and on the other, ‘To live and love.’ He claimed he was looking for love.

“‘Adewale told the women that on a trip to Africa, he was the victim of a crime and needed money. The crime meant he could not access his own funds.

He said they would get their money back and would be sent letters from the World Health Organisation to show that he would be able to pay them.

These letters were sent, but from an M30 Manchester postmark. He also sent them links to websites which, when logging in with details he gave them, appeared to show that he had a huge bank balance and would eventually be able to pay them back.

One woman was asked to pay for a hotel for him.

When she rang the number he gave her for the hotel, they also confirmed the information and she agreed to pay it.

She later received a cheque addressed to him for £35,000 to prove he had money, but this was later discovered to be a stolen cheque forged in his own handwriting.

Over a number of months, each woman transferred significant sums of money via bank accounts and Western Union moneygrams and sent items to the defendant’s home address.

They bought electronic items, took out credit cards and loans and bought clothes from Next.

When police searched his house in 2012, they found a digital camera, which had been purchased by one of his victims. It contained pictures of the accused, along with his wife and children. They also found several SIM cards in his wallet, which contained the women’s contact information.

He was also in possession of two Blackberry phones which had three different email accounts linked to the two Match.com accounts. In addition, £4,500 was found under his bed. He was subsequently arrested.

However, Adewale has denied the allegations, and has blamed the fraud on his flatmate Samson Ajayi. He told police that Ajayi had told him to help him transfer money to his relatives. He also claims that he vaguely remembers using match.com.

“The fraud was Samson’s idea. I got involved because I had a few financial difficulties at the time.

“I did not speak with the complainants. I did not know money was being sent to Nigeria but I knew it was being sent to my bank account and my wife’s bank account.

“I do not know where Samson is at the moment. He travels a lot. I have no idea about the details of this fraud. I didn’t even know how many victims there were.

“But I pleaded guilty because if I had not let my bank account or flat be used, these women would not have suffered in the way that they did.

“Samson said he was expecting some money. He said he had no bank accounts to receive the money so I wanted to help him. He was owing me rent at the time and this was the only way he could pay me”, he said.

The court hearings are still ongoing.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/05/nigerian-man-uk-scams-women-100000/

Oh yh nigeria is homeland of scams and lies. I have not any other stereotype for nigeria than this. P.s. Woman is so stupidd
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by james2man: 11:00am On Dec 06, 2014
majekdom2:
bro , no be naija matter bad pass for africa now , why always naija .... I know you will say population but na criminals dey born pass ... you see the problem . all these are no excuses really. crime is not an option . if you wanna commit crime , commit t in your country not in another man's

So are you telling it's only NIGERIANS committing crimes all over the places? We are debating over this issue because its a crime committed by Nigerian ...What will you say about terrorist act? Which is even more deadly and cruel? Who are you going to blame?? I have said it over and over i'm not the type who support criminal act, but no matter how criminals are being caught, it won't stop this act... We need a reform in NIGERIA as a nation. A good government who have the love of masses in their heart with transparency and corruption free, more programs to empower youth. When the land is not fertile you can't expect a good harvest..
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Sagamite(m): 11:05am On Dec 06, 2014
kingthreat:

You cretinous cuntt. You have begun with your sacrilegious runts again

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Your God is a cuntt.
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 06, 2014
james2man:

So are you telling it's only NIGERIANS committing crimes over the places? We debating over this issue because its a crime committed by Nigerian...What will you say about terrorist act? Which is even more deadly? Who are you going to blame?? I have said it over and over i'm not the type who support criminal act, but no matter how criminals are being caught, it won't stop this act... We need a reform in NIGERIA as a nation. A good government that have love of masses in their heart with transparency and corruption free, more programs to empower youth. When the land is not fertile you can't expect a good harvest.
because your other neighbour is a criminal is not a reason to commit crime . The problem with majoritty is they always seek to point fingers and put blames on others . why dont you choose to do the right thing . what do you gain in making other people cry . always condemn evil when you see one.
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by smite(m): 11:11am On Dec 06, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
All these "ADEWALE-OLUWOLE" peeps again? grin

See as im breazzzzzts big pass my own?
Over-Fed CROOK! angry

VERRRRRRRRRRRRY sure na one of those LONDON FAT BOYS way dey make noise all over NL! grin
Awon OMO-OSHI!!!! cheesy

*falls from bed laughing *
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by smite(m): 11:15am On Dec 06, 2014
Aringarosa:
I 'm disappointed for real, i was expecting to see names like "Emeka" Okechukwu" "Ugo, cuz i learnt on Nairaland that, they are the only people that likes money. Others are saints...

[size=2pt]Sarcasm[/size]

gbam! so on point boss!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by james2man: 11:32am On Dec 06, 2014
majekdom2:
because your other neighbour is a criminal is not a reason to commit crime . The problem with majoritty is they always seek to point fingers and put blames on others . why dont you choose to do the right thing . what do you gain in making other people cry . always condemn evil when you see one.

Even the so call western countries have their youths committing one crime or the other different from the crime committed in this part of the world... Some crime are peculiar to some group as a result of ENVIRONMENT. Condemning evil won't just stop this act, it is being preached about on TV, churches and mosques , it's a social phenomena and there is need to study the causes of this act and make effort to limit it. All aspects of human behavior are affected by both nature and nurture, nature determines the range of our human potential. Nurture affects the ways that our human potential is actualized, being helped or hindered by good or bad environmental inputs.

I will keep saying this...BAD human behavior is the product of the environment and not because we are evil.

I still stand as a team who will say no to criminal act..
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by smite(m): 11:36am On Dec 06, 2014
holatin:
intelligent thief
oyinbo too like black joystick

you call that intelligent? and he got himself caught waiting to rot in jail! that AdeOle guy is dumb as Hell!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by jahbiz: 11:46am On Dec 06, 2014
Bunsky:
How does my gbagaun add value to ur life or add more money to your account.

If you can't correct,oya jump enter lagoon.
lol. I like the way you put it. ''Gbagaun''
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 06, 2014
jahbiz:
lol. I like the way you put it. ''Gbagaun''
lol,oya correct me abeg.
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by jimmy101231(m): 11:51am On Dec 06, 2014
lalasticlala:
A Nigerian man, Adewale Adewole based in the UK, is now facing jail time after admitting to four-count charges of fraud, Daily Mail reports.

Adewole is said to have used a picture of an actual Royal Marine Commando called Joshua McGowan, as his display picture.

Sources say he told the women he had been robbed at his “orphanage,” and so they sent him money and paid his bills. Unknown to them, Adewole was diverting the money into his wife’s bank account. He also spent the money on expensive designer clothes, iPads, and TVs.

Investigations revealed that whenever he set up dates with the women, he would never show up.

Prosecutor, Charlotte Brandon told the court.

The married father of two allegedly scammed the women out of almost £100,000 after pretending to be a Royal Marine on Match.com, named Timmy Francis, who owned an orphanage in Africa. On one of his profiles, he had the nickname ‘Charismatic Brit,’ and on the other, ‘To live and love.’ He claimed he was looking for love.

“‘Adewale told the women that on a trip to Africa, he was the victim of a crime and needed money. The crime meant he could not access his own funds.

He said they would get their money back and would be sent letters from the World Health Organisation to show that he would be able to pay them.

These letters were sent, but from an M30 Manchester postmark. He also sent them links to websites which, when logging in with details he gave them, appeared to show that he had a huge bank balance and would eventually be able to pay them back.

One woman was asked to pay for a hotel for him.

When she rang the number he gave her for the hotel, they also confirmed the information and she agreed to pay it.

She later received a cheque addressed to him for £35,000 to prove he had money, but this was later discovered to be a stolen cheque forged in his own handwriting.

Over a number of months, each woman transferred significant sums of money via bank accounts and Western Union moneygrams and sent items to the defendant’s home address.

They bought electronic items, took out credit cards and loans and bought clothes from Next.

When police searched his house in 2012, they found a digital camera, which had been purchased by one of his victims. It contained pictures of the accused, along with his wife and children. They also found several SIM cards in his wallet, which contained the women’s contact information.

He was also in possession of two Blackberry phones which had three different email accounts linked to the two Match.com accounts. In addition, £4,500 was found under his bed. He was subsequently arrested.

However, Adewale has denied the allegations, and has blamed the fraud on his flatmate Samson Ajayi. He told police that Ajayi had told him to help him transfer money to his relatives. He also claims that he vaguely remembers using match.com.

“The fraud was Samson’s idea. I got involved because I had a few financial difficulties at the time.

“I did not speak with the complainants. I did not know money was being sent to Nigeria but I knew it was being sent to my bank account and my wife’s bank account.

“I do not know where Samson is at the moment. He travels a lot. I have no idea about the details of this fraud. I didn’t even know how many victims there were.

“But I pleaded guilty because if I had not let my bank account or flat be used, these women would not have suffered in the way that they did.

“Samson said he was expecting some money. He said he had no bank accounts to receive the money so I wanted to help him. He was owing me rent at the time and this was the only way he could pay me”, he said.

The court hearings are still ongoing.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/05/nigerian-man-uk-scams-women-100000/
God go deliver you bro hustle continue
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by redsun(m): 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
Fraud and looting are deeply embedded in Nigerian code of conducts- constitution. If they are not,those that calls themselves leaders,statemen/women in Nigeria today will all be languishing in jail.

It is a country of rogues, from head to toe. Not even so-called men of god and women are exempted.
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
majekdom2:
there is a difference between white to white crime an white to black crime . remember , you blacks are the one seeking a better life in their countries , so the earlier you behave yourselves , the better.

There is no difference bruh! Crime is crime ...and what do you mean by "you blacks are the one...blah blah"? What are you on about?
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by kingthreat(m): 12:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Your God is a cuntt.

Fuxk u, godless lunatic. U will account for ur stupidity. U think life is by chance? Freaking Cocksucka lyk u. Bastardo.
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Deepfreezer(m): 12:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
Criminal. lazy fool. infact I don't know wat to call this guy. I pity people their passports are on british high commission desk waiting for approval. this news is all over the world as we speak.
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
Amefrica:

There is no difference bruh! Crime is crime ...and what do you mean by "you blacks are the one...blah blah"? What are you on about?
what I mean by difference , is there is a way these is seen by the international world . I mean the respect the victim may have for nationals of peolple from the criminal's country . I mean blacks commit more crimes , thats my point or you wanna debate this too.
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2014
majekdom2:
what I mean by difference , is there is a way these is seen by the international world . I mean the respect the victim may have for nationals of peolple from the criminal's country . I mean blacks commit more crimes , thats my point or you wanna debate this too.

http://www.alternet.org/books/white-people-commit-most-heinous-crimes-so-why-america-terrified-black-men and http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf#disablemobile Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by seangy4konji: 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
Well done bro.

Man must eat.

A mans got to do what a mans got to do.

We will all answer to god either you stealing in government office ur me scamming to survive and don't wanna die under the bridge. You tender your case I tender mine.

World health organization yeh??

#gbam.
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
Amefrica:

http://www.alternet.org/books/white-people-commit-most-heinous-crimes-so-why-america-terrified-black-men and http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf#disablemobile Thanks!
I didnt say heinous crimes , I said crimes ..thats in the US not globally and as at 2012 . bro , it is not enough reason to justify what this young man has done . it is you the Nigerian who is seeking refuge ,why dont you behave yourself .
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
majekdom2:
I didnt say heinous crimes , I said crimes ..thats in the US not globally and as at 2012 . bro , it is not enough reason to justify what this young man has done . it is you the Nigerian who is seeking refuge ,why dont you behave yourself .

Nobody is justifying the crime, I'm trying to clear the air, you saying blacks are more violent or white crime is different from black crime (how dumb that sounds) doesn't just add up. Your very last sentence, who's that directed to?
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
Amefrica:

Nobody is justifying the crime, I'm trying to clear the air, you saying blacks are more violent or white crime is different from black crime (how dumb that sounds) doesn't just add up. Your very last sentence, who's that directed to?
oh i meant a black on white not just white crimes differing from blac crimesand when I refer to black I dont refer to americans I refer to africans , Nigerians most especially ,yes , majority of africans are the ones seeking a greener pasture in the west , will it not do them good if hey behave themselves. it will do majority good also if they stop likening themselves to afican americans , they are in no way regarded as same . you should understand my point now.
Re: Nigerian Man In UK Scams Women Of £100,000 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
majekdom2:
oh i meant a black on white not just white crimes differing from blac crimesand when I refer to black I dont refer to americans I refer to africans , Nigerians most especially ,yes , majority of africans are the ones seeking a greener pasture in the west , will it not do them good if hey behave themselves. it will do majority good also if they stop likening themselves to afican americans , they are in no way regarded as same . you should understand my point now.

Got you, bruh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Man Beheaded In Rivers & His Head Dumped In A Dustbin (Graphic Pics) / Covid-19 Lockdown: Lagos Unrest, As Residents Live In Fear Of Hoodlums / CCTV Captures A Lady Who Switched Off Light To Steal Goat Meat (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.