Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Goodluck Nigeria Prayer Network(Religious Country Nothing to show for it) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Goodluck Nigeria Prayer Network(Religious Country Nothing to show for it) (520 Views)

Nairaland Prayer Network For Patience Jonathan / Ghana Is The Most Religious Country On Earth. / Prayer Network Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Nigeria Prayer Network(Religious Country Nothing to show for it) by james2man: 12:24am On Dec 06, 2014
I was watching one of the local Nigeria TV station this evening when i saw a non-denominational intercessory prayer group called GOODLUCK NIGERIA PRAYER NETWORK. It is so obvious that they are all supporters of PDP. This prompt me to ask this question, why are Nigerians so religious but ungodly?

I have thought about it recently why NIGERIAN are so religious but ungodly, from my point of view i think it has to do with our level of development as a nation and our bad leaders. Some of the things that have become realities in some developed countries, still seems to be a thing of spiritual in Nigeria hence it becomes something we need to prayer for.

Using the power sector as a typical example, sometimes some of us unconsciously prayed that PHCN should switch on the power most especially when we want to make use of it. This can't be a prayer for a Ghanaian or Europeans citizen whether consciously or unconsciously. Another example is unemployment, as a result of corrupt leaders unemployment rate is increasing, hence this becomes a prayer point for graduate who can't secure a job in vigil. there are numerous examples.

One of the pastors in the prayer group was interviewed about their objectives. To my surprise,he said it is a platform to intercede for the nation at it faces threat from Islamist group, Boko Haram and the upcoming 2015 election to go peacefully. He further said spiritual welfare is needed during the 2015 election because there are going to be spiritual attacks that may hinder a peaceful election. I can't recall if any developed nations such as AMERICA go on fasting and prayer to fight terrorist or to conducting a peacefully election.

This part of the world where we are make us become so religious as result of bad leaders and level of development...People who have made it there to the developed country have different prayer point as a result of good life and opportunities and high development. One can come to conclusion why developed/western countries are not so religious but Godly.

Nigeria is a highly spiritual country and its past and present leaders know this and have manipulated it to their benefit, even the present administration has taken it to a new height where God is expected to actually physically solve all the country's debilitating problems from terrorism to corruption to fixing dilapidated infrastructures...

(1) (Reply)

Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke Prays For Nigeria / Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Accept Blood Transfusion? / "Must" One Of The Most Miss-used Word In Sermons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.