Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Lets Talk About The "Green Light" - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lets Talk About The "Green Light" (13017 Views)

The “Green Light” That Tells You She Is ‘really’ In Love With You. / When A Lady Gives You A Fake 'Green Light' / 5 Signs That She's Giving You The Green Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
@ Mynd44

"Green-lights" are very very real - like your arm, or the device you are looking at, right now.

And they are not some 'nice' things another human being does. They are tangible Indicators of Interest - sexual interest. And can be consistently relied upon - if you know what to look for.

Actually, it would be quite weird if we didn't have them - other animals do.

As humans, a massive part of our communication is sub-communicated. Body-language, tonality, etc. And these are largely unconscious.

So most of our mating signals are sent and acted upon unconsciously.

What do most girls say after they've just had sex with a new guy? "It just happened". They are not lying. As far as they consciously know, it really just happened.

So those times you thought you saw a green-light, you most likely did, but what you saw was maybe, Step 1, in a multi-step mating dance. And this you cannot talk about, because she's largely unaware of what she's doing. Or more accurately, what is happening - because its her body doing this on its own.

These are the most common IOIs:

=> Eye-contact: if she repeatedly holds you gaze longer than normal: Sexual Interest.
=> Touches you more than normal: Sexual Interest.
=> Proximity: This takes many forms, and I find instances of this quite funny. She walks right into you as if you're a glass door - as in she go jam you grin. Crosses the road to walk on your side. Slows her pace, or increases it - so you guys cross...in hopes you will do your job. Drops something, or bends to adjust her footwear.
=> Aha...Preening: flicks her hair, repeatedly (no hands) - like she's some bird grin or packs it, to the sides, continuously. Displaying neck or revealing nape.
=> etc

But the biggest one, even in the absence of these, is COMPLIANCE! If she's compliant to your touches, invasion of her personal space, your leadership - let's go over there, stop that, sit on my lap; kissing, etc. She's in.

But your best option is to assume that EVERY girl you like, likes you already and will be interested - if she gets to experience you. So you give her the opportunity by going over to engage her.

In fact, if you're masculine, and she's there listening to you - on some level, she wants your cóck in her mouth, period. She just doesn't know it yet.

Even when she's standoffish, has a big scowl on her face and pretends not to hear what you're saying. She will soon come around.

Delusional? Maybe.

Potent? You bet.

4 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by ihedinobi2: 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

The fact is that there are no clearly defined signs called"green lights" it is just you reading whatever you want to see. For all you know, she might be acting the normal way she behaves but you see it as some kind of sign that she wants you.

If you want to take the plunge, go ahead but do not take it because you saw some signs that it means she wants you
The fact, ehn? smiley

That's like saying that there are no clear ways of saying "give me cool clean water to drink."

All languages have a single root. One single code that relates every single language system. That's how we manage to make sense and communicate with each other.

The same thing with romance. The fact that we abandoned the old rules does not mean that there are no more rules and Nkechi can hang out with me all day everyday and call me about everything and mean nothing by it. She's just being childish if she does not mean anything by it. Childish, as in irresponsible or ignorant.

There are clear signs. If you don't mean to show those signs, discover them and turn them off. It's as simple as that.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by ihedinobi2: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

Whose DNA: Mine or yours?
The human one. You could be some kind of sophisticated bot, for all I know. undecided
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by naijaboiy: 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Bro, you can't woo a woman that doesn't want you. You can only harrass her.
Hmmm,,expantiate please.smiley
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by JoeCutie(m): 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
UjSizzle:

In your teensy weensy sphere?
Chei! Uju, which one be that na? lipsrsealed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
mikeomo11:

U'd better learn from matured minds smiley
What are you saying?
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by ihedinobi2: 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
naijaboiy:

Hmmm,,expantiate please.smiley
I don't see what more I need to say. If you woo a woman who doesn't want you, you constitute a nuisance to her. And while she may try to politely ask you to leave her alone, persistence can make her ask the cops to tell you to leave her alone.

Or, you think women want to be wooed by just anyone? They just want to be wooed by guys they like or can like.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2014
ihedinobi2:

The fact, ehn? smiley

That's like saying that there are no clear ways of saying "give me cool clean water to drink."

All languages have a single root. One single code that relates every single language system. That's how we manage to make sense and communicate with each other.

The same thing with romance. The fact that we abandoned the old rules does not mean that there are no more rules and Nkechi can hang out with me all day everyday and call me about everything and mean nothing by it. She's just being childish if she does not mean anything by it. Childish, as in irresponsible or ignorant.

There are clear signs. If you don't mean to show those signs, discover them and turn them off. It's as simple as that.
SMH...
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Mynd44: 12:22pm On Dec 06, 2014
ihedinobi2:

The human one. You could be some kind of sophisticated bot, for all I know. undecided
undecided
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by ihedinobi2: 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

SMH...

Lol. You really should just ignore people you don't want to discuss with. Uju tries. Shaking your head is no argument, nor is embolding some text.

A crazy person uses words. Sometimes he makes sense, apparently by mistake. It's not the rule but it certainly happens.

Nkechi is not being responsible behaving in that manner when she is sure she wants nothing romantic out of it.

Do people like you even believe in personal responsibility at all? Smdh.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by UjSizzle(f): 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
JoeCutie:
Chei! Uju, which one be that na? lipsrsealed embarassed
I'm saying unless you've studied women outside your sphere, then you can hardly say 'most' smiley

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by ihedinobi2: 12:27pm On Dec 06, 2014
UjSizzle:

I'm saying unless you've studied women outside your sphere, then you can say 'most' smiley
Right. What constitutes his sphere exactly? Whatever sphere HE is in? smiley
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by UjSizzle(f): 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2014
BuddhaPalm:
@ Mynd44

"Green-lights" are very very real - like your arm, or the device you are looking at, right now.

And they are not some 'nice' things another human being does. They are tangible Indicators of Interest - sexual interest. And can be consistently relied upon - if you know what to look for.

Actually, it would be quite weird if we didn't have them - other animals do.

As humans, a massive part of our communication is sub-communicated. Body-language, tonality, etc. And these are largely unconscious.

So most of our mating signals are sent and acted upon unconsciously.

What do most girls say after they've just had sex with a new guy? "It just happened". They are not lying. As far as they consciously know, it really just happened.

So those times you thought you saw a green-light, you most likely did, but what you saw was maybe, Step 1, in a multi-step mating dance. And this you cannot talk about, because she's largely unaware of what she's doing. Or more accurately, what is happening - because its her body doing this on its own.

These are the most common IOIs:

=> Eye-contact: if she repeatedly holds you gaze longer than normal: Sexual Interest.
=> Touches you more than normal: Sexual Interest.
=> Proximity: This takes many forms, and I find instances of this quite funny. She walks right into you as if you're a glass door - as in she go jam you grin. Crosses the road to walk on your side. Slows her pace, or increases it - so you guys cross...in hopes you will do your job. Drops something, or bends to adjust her footwear.
=> Aha...Preening: flicks her hair, repeatedly (no hands) - like she's some bird grin or packs it, to the sides, continuously. Displaying neck or revealing nape.
=> etc

But the biggest one, even in the absence of these, is COMPLIANCE! If she's compliant to your touches, invasion of her personal space, your leadership - let's go over there, stop that, sit on my lap; kissing, etc. She's in.

But your best option is to assume that EVERY girl you like, likes you already and will be interested - if she gets to experience you. So you give her the opportunity by going over to engage her.

In fact, if you're masculine, and she's there listening to you - on some level, she wants your cóck in her mouth, period. She just doesn't know it yet.

Even when she's standoffish, has a big scowl on her face and pretends not to hear what you're saying. She will soon come around.

Delusional? Maybe.

Potent? You bet.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by JoeCutie(m): 12:31pm On Dec 06, 2014
UjSizzle:

I'm saying unless you've studied women outside your sphere, then you can hardly say 'most' smiley
Babe, if I study women for 20yrs, I swear I no go graduate. I give up. cry

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by UjSizzle(f): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
Lol BuddhaPalm I guessing antispam bot just banned you

Farano, Pasqal09, Seun, Ishilove biko release him.

Meanwhile the rest of you can read the post I just quoted (that's the only way I can unspam it for now).
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by naijaboiy: 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I don't see what more I need to say. If you woo a woman who doesn't want you, you constitute a nuisance to her. And while she may try to politely ask you to leave her alone, persistence can make her ask the cops to tell you to leave her alone.

Or, you think women want to be wooed by just anyone? They just want to be wooed by guys they like or can like.
Yea that's the point. If she says "NO"...a man has to move on,,no time.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by mikeomo11(m): 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2014
ihedinobi2:

The fact, ehn? smiley

Very well, I am learning.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by ihedinobi2: 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
naijaboiy:

Yea that's the point. If she says "NO"...a man has to move on,,no time.
So...no wooing, see? smiley Not easy, my friend, "possible".

If you really want a woman, you dig in for the long haul. Ask men.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by ihedinobi2: 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2014
BuddhaPalm! Lol! This guy knows how to cook soup sha. Lmao.

Yes, there are green lights. And they always emphasize one thing, she wants your attention and likes being around you.

For the guy, he wants you to admire him. So he'll puff up like a blowfish and show off. Even by acting cool and uninterested because he knows that that impresses the hell out of you grin
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by naijaboiy: 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
ihedinobi2:

So...no wooing, see? smiley Not easy, my friend, "possible".

If you really want a woman, you dig in for the long haul. Ask men.
Ok...I accept your correction. smiley
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by naijaboiy: 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2014
ihedinobi2:
BuddhaPalm! Lol! This guy knows how to cook soup sha. Lmao.

Yes, there are green lights. And they always emphasize one thing, she wants your attention and likes being around you.

For the guy, he wants you to admire him. So he'll puff up like a blowfish and show off. Even by acting cool and uninterested because he knows that that impresses the hell out of you grin
On point grin
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
UjSizzle:
Lol BuddhaPalm I guessing antispam bot just banned you

Farano, Pasqal09, Seun, Ishilove biko release him.

Meanwhile the rest of you can read the post I just quoted (that's the only way I can unspam it for now).

You're such a darling.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by ihedinobi2: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2014
naijaboiy:

On point grin
I know say you go code! Lol!
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
Mynd44:

Stop trying to convince yourself
Lol
I'm nt trying to. It's an established fact. Ask d ladies.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by pryd(m): 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2014
Green lights are for real, as real as the air you breathe; but it doesn't necessarily mean she wants sex. Maybe she likes ur company or finds ur personality intriguing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by laplace12(m): 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
Green lights are real. Both the giver and the receiver recognizes it.

It saves from humiliation if properly interpreted.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Elinob(m): 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
This is a critical issue for all of us. Not only to improve our quality of life but also to ensure our region can succeed economically.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by UjSizzle(f): 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
BuddhaPalm,

Correct me if I'm wrong.
You're saying the green light is very biological, not something women control because they are not always aware they're emitting these frequencies, right?
You used animals as an analogy. Say when the females are ready to mate, they make it obvious (feral calls and all that pheromones other animals can smell). Then the males come, pop their colors and let her make a choice.

If this isn't a conscious move, rather people acting out biological scripts, why the hell do men take it that she has a particular interest in any one person? For all she knows, you all (everyone who picks the signals) fall in one category: Possible mates if you fulfill whatever criteria she's set.

When she's playing out the script, they name her a flirt.

When she starts kicking applicants off the list, she's a biitch, and playing with people's feelings.

When she decides some are keepers but not mate material, then she is a serial friend zone-r.

You want to explain why?

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by ihedinobi2: 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
UjSizzle:
BuddhaPalm,

Correct me if I'm wrong.
You're saying the green light is very biological, not something women control because they are not always aware they're emitting these frequencies, right?
You used animals as an analogy. Say when the females are ready to mate, they make it obvious (feral calls and all that pheromones other animals can smell). Then the males come, pop their colors and let her make a choice.

If this isn't a conscious move, rather people acting out biological scripts, why the hell do men take it that she has a particular interest in any one person? For all she knows, you all (everyone who picks the signals) fall in one category: Possible mates if you fulfill whatever criteria she's set.

When she's playing out the script, they name her a flirt.

When she starts kicking applicants off the list, she's a biitch, and playing with people's feelings.

When she decides some are keepers but not mate material, then she is a serial friend zone-r.

You want to explain why?
He'll answer for himself. I will only answer for the parts of his statement that I agree with and you're questioning.

It's unconscious because it is instinctive. But it is only unconscious for so long because, unlike animals, we humans are self-aware and self-exploratory. We learn to ask questions and make sense of the answers. So, in time, we can gain control of such instincts and deploy them when necessary. You see a guy you like and give him time of day. You see one you don't think is a contender and tell him not to even approach.

Secondly, women do show the first few "explorative" signs, the I-think-you're-a-contender-and-I-want-to-make-sure signs to more than one man. But as her interest is engaged more deeply and she's more sure, the cues start getting more intimate and the rejected suitors are only kept at a distance, where they were initially so no harm done.

Where harm is done is when a woman shows heavy cues which are pretty intimate for more than one man at once. She "plays" them then. That is cruelty because she encourages them to make full investments in her which she has no intention of returning on.
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by AfricanApple(f): 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2014
seriously speaking, guys get it wrong most of the time, they mistake friendly speech, smile and gestures for green lights

the koko is that just like op said, your mind might just be the one playing games with your heads and this is so because u actually want her to show u some green light

thats why i dont play or joke with guys anyhow, i maintain my level always

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 06, 2014
pryd:
Green lights are for real, as real as the air you breathe; but it doesn't necessarily mean she wants sex. Maybe she likes ur company or finds ur personality intriguing.
God bless ur soul bro
Re: Lets Talk About The "Green Light" by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
AfricanApple:
seriously speaking, guys get it wrong most of the time, they mistake friendly speech, smile and gestures for green lights

the koko is that just like op said, your mind might just be the one playing games with your heads and this is so because u actually want her to show u some green light

thats why i dont play or joke with guys anyhow, i maintain my level always
ur point doesn't rule out d fact that there is such a thing as greenlight. In most cases, we feel nothing romantic for d one showing d greenlight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's My Neighbor's Wife Trying To Do? / 14 Reasons Why Beautiful Women Are Still Single / My Heart Melts Each Time I Look At Those Eyes (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.