Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Scholes Says Messi Looks 'bored' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Scholes Says Messi Looks 'bored' (588 Views)

Xavi Vs Pirlo Vs Scholes; Who Is The Best Passer? / Ronaldo Was My Hero’ Says Messi / "I Have Robbed 500 Banks" Says Messi's Exbodyguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scholes Says Messi Looks 'bored' by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 06, 2014
Former Manchester United and England midfielder Paul Scholes, who was in Mestalla last weekend to watch Barcelona's 1-0 win over Valencia, has said he "detected a mood of boredom" about Lionel Messi.

"When I went to watch them in Valencia, for much of the game I felt they were a ghost of the side they had once been. They won the game in injury time but even in those final stages they hardly created chances. They still pass the ball relentlessly, but that old drive and tempo are not nearly as urgent."

On Messi, Scholes said: "When I try to find a way of summarising the attitude of the team, I keep alighting on the word 'bored.' And above all, Leo Messi. In him, as much as anyone, I detected that mood of boredom. He has never been a player given to chasing the full-back when his team lose the ball, but now, more than ever, he keeps his movement to an absolute minimum."

The former midfielder also had empathy for coach Luis Enrique, who took charge of the club in the summer.

"For a young manager like Luis Enrique, it will be hard to change the way Messi, and the rest of the stars in this team, play the game," he wrote. "They have won it all. They have conquered the world. Now Enrique has to find a way of persuading them to do it all over again."

Scholes said that in his view, although he stressed it was just one game, the Barcelona team that Guardiola built has reached the end of its cycle, and now Enrique has to find a new system for his players to follow.
Re: Scholes Says Messi Looks 'bored' by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 06, 2014
He's right, loses a lot of balls against Valencia and the only brilliant pass in that match led to the goal 93mins.

1 Like

Re: Scholes Says Messi Looks 'bored' by DonaldGenes(m): 1:39pm On Dec 06, 2014
I Manchesterly concur

(1) (Reply)

Fernando Torres In Line For Shock Return To Liverpool / The Maddest 24hours In Football History / ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.