Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Curcumcision Of Female Children - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Curcumcision Of Female Children (32232 Views)

Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children / Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. / Are Female Children Generous Than Males? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by fightforchange1(f): 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
Vomit*

1 Like

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2014
coogar:

this is another ignorant rejoinder....
this is not a competition of which has the highest risk - it is a matter of deciding if the kids put through this barbaric process are being abused - just because a kick in the tummy hurts more than a slap in the face does not make one better than the other - an assault is an assault & child abuse is child abuse.

you are clueless...
the consequences of success is irrelevant if the practise itself abuses children. corporal punishment also has consequences of success but it's been eradicated in many parts of the developed world cos it can be argued the children are being abused.

how some of y'all managed to make it through primary school, never mind college is worrying. are these really the future leaders of mother of nigeria. i fear for the coming years if this is what you can come up with to defend the barbaric treatment of male children in the name of circumcision.

Try reading what I said! The consequences of success are abuse! Look at my post to see that I amanti FGM. Does the term FGM not convey as much! Ihave condemned it not defended it. Please realise oyinbos express themselves in certsin ways before misinterpreting what they say. Which by the way is completely factually correct!

2 Likes

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:57pm On Dec 07, 2014
Nonso23:

Why is circumcision acceptable??

It has certain limited health benefits in a few cases and is practiced for preventative reasons in some parts of the developed world. Thankfully not in my part!

1 Like

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by coogar: 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2014
KoloOyinbo:

Try reading what I said! The consequences of success are abuse! Look at my post to see that I amanti FGM. Does the term FGM not convey as much! I have condemned it not defended it. Please realise oyinbos express themselves in certsin ways before misinterpreting what they say. Which by the way is completely factually correct!

what is the meaning of amanti? angry
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:52pm On Dec 07, 2014
coogar:

what is the meaning of amanti? angry

I missed the space. It should read 'am anti' as in against (if that was not abundantly clear from each and every one of my posts on this topic)
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by coogar: 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2014
KoloOyinbo:

I missed the space. It should read 'am anti' as in against (if that was not abundantly clear from each and every one of my posts on this topic)

oh, got it!
so are you anti-MGM too?
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2014
coogar:

oh, got it!
so are you anti-MGM too?

Male circumcision is occasionally necessary for health reasons. Apart from the usually unnecessary pain it has zero negative effects on the childs future development so I am not as anti towards that as towards FGM. It is just not really done in Ireland (no cultural or medical reasons why it should ever have been introduced). I would never permit a son of mine to be circumcised in the absence of compelling medical reasons. So on balance I am mildly against it but vehemently anti FGM.

1 Like

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 08, 2014
Nonso23:
In other words, feminist mothers are the first abusers of the male child. They even extend their man-hate to their young children. This is good news as they are usually the quickest to label the males really disgusting names.
The male child has a right to decide for himself if he wants to be circumcised or not.
Male circumcision and the health benefits are just blanket statements the media employ to shield the obvious atrocity that have been occurring for ages.
The FGM has its roots in culture, so does the MGM. If we are going to scrap one then we might as well scrap all.

Feminist mothers = male-child abusers
Hilarious!! grin grin

Excuse me, from where did you derive this? And why does it fill you with joy?

1 Like

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 08, 2014
fightforchange1:
Vomit*

My 'sentiments' exactly.
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by yfirstson(m): 3:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
KoloOyinbo:
In Europe male circumcision is relatively rare unless for medical reasons. In the USA it is quite common, probably more than 50%. I dont really know about middle east and asian cultures.

As for the barbaric and savage practice of female genital mutilation which damages the child for life I thank God that in all developed countries is is illegal and considered the worst form of child abuse. Let us educate parents everywhere about this evil practice origination from a desire to control a woman.

Male circumcision is good for only cosmetic reasons, it adds no other value to the person. However FGM is a crime against humanity. What FGM does essentially is taking away an essential part of sexual life of a female.
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by Awaja(m): 7:27am On Dec 12, 2014
kandiikane:

You are very ignorant and that's not an insult. No, it doesn't lower your libido, worse it can do for someone who lIves in a society where it isn't common is to make her insecure about her vag. It still won't stop her from have sex with 100s. All you will be doing is destroying your daughter's genitalsa and causing her a lot of pain but that won't stop her from having sex, nooo sir.
Your own ignorance is showing even in the finger ur using to type that s**t
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by Awaja(m): 7:37am On Dec 12, 2014
kandiikane:

You are very ignorant and that's not an insult. No, it doesn't lower your libido, worse it can do for someone who lIves in a society where it isn't common is to make her insecure about her vag. It still won't stop her from have sex with 100s. All you will be doing is destroying your daughter's genitals and causing her a lot of pain but that won't stop her from having sex, nooo sir.
Your very myopic! Sorry ,that's not an insult!
Hence is good for d goose why nt apply it on d gander too?
I believe u weren't circumcised too
Maybe u be aboki,bt for d sake of ur ignorant head is safer to be circumcised than letting that thing dangle there, in my place,a child is checked for deformities in d tongue( to correct stammering),d head(to check big heads like urs) and finally d P-part to control libido!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Different Types Of Adults That Should Be Wished Happy Children’s Day (meme Colle / Nnamdi Ogbogu, Missing Person In Lagos (Photos) / Who Weds Who: Man Weds Woman Or Woman Weds Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.