Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine (11940 Views)

Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? / Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by metroy4x: 11:45am On Dec 06, 2014
I think these is the right time to put an end to deceiving act of nigerians in agric sector, agric need to be encourage in Nigeria, am here to answer all questions and give a solution out of experience.
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by hemmyflam69(m): 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
pls wat do I nid and av to do to start Grasscutter farming
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by Greenage: 6:46am On Dec 07, 2014
metroy4x:
I think these is the right time to put an end to deceiving act of nigerians in agric sector, agric need to be encourage in Nigeria, am here to answer all questions and give a solution out of experience.
how can snail egg hatch indoor in a dry season
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by metroy4x: 4:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
For the grasscutter breeding,

(1) you need to know about the business.

(2) secure land

(3) pen construction according to your capital capacity

(4) breeding stock from a good source

(5) feed source.

Ask me if you have any other question.

For snail egg,

Snails farming has no season if well practice, make a box, get your rich soil then fill the box with the soil 3 inches high, level the surface of the soil in the box then sprinkle minimal water on the soil inside the box, then deep your finger into the soil to put hole for the eggs, put your eggs in a straight line, cover them with slight soil to enable them to come out when they hatch, avoid getting the soil over wet, separate all your egg to avoid cannibalism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by hemmyflam69(m): 11:43am On Dec 08, 2014
Do we av a ready market for grasscutter
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by miqos02(m): 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2014
following
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by kchaste(m): 7:56pm On Dec 08, 2014
where will I get life grass cutter to buy? I live in benin
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by metroy4x: 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
When you 're ready i will direct you to different reliable grasscutte breeder.

there is always ready made market in for grasscutter locally that no single grasscutter farmer can feed for now
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by Alpha2k(m): 5:10am On Dec 09, 2014
More on snail breeding op.
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by metroy4x: 6:40pm On Dec 09, 2014
Snail farming is money making business, but it's expensive to start, many people will say you can farm snail in your backyard with tire and drum because they know you 've no idea about the business, it's easier said than done, the truth is if you 're not financially ready you better don't start at all, to build snail pen, make conducive enuogh for snail and securing the environment against predators 're the major part of the business, after you put that in place then you 're in business .
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by sandy4lv: 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
metroy4x:
Snail farming is money making business, but it's expensive to start, many people will say you can farm snail in your backyard with tire and drum because they know you 've no idea about the business, it's easier said than done, the truth is if you 're not financially ready you better don't start at all, to build snail pen, make conducive enuogh for snail and securing the environment against predators 're the major part of the business, after you put that in place then you 're in business .

Hello, pls could you shed more light on how to build snail pen and what predators should I watch out for and what are they feed woth ?
Thank you and God bless you very much
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 16, 2014
What is the ready made food for snail.
after hatching, do you need to separate the smaller ones and the larger ones.
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by adeblow(m): 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
please I want to go into the business. please what kind of housing do we build and size in details.
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by ochiosa(m): 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
How do one differentiate between male and female? And like how many persons do you need to work in a farm that have 10 to 20 colonies
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by adebayour26: 7:46am On Dec 27, 2014
Like how much does a live grasscutter cost?
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by metroy4x: 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2014
A snail pen should be build with mud block and with roof non metal roofing method you can afford, the building must be air controled and secure against predators.

There's is no ready made feed for snail, you will 've to formulate their feed, this 're the raw materials :
* fish meal
* maize
* soya meal
* oyster shell or bone meal
* whole wheat

All these will be grind to powder.
They also feed on fruits and vegetables. Always give them enough water, oyster shell or bone this help to build their shell.
They 're very cheap to feed compared to other livestocks.

Snails 're hermaphrodite, each snail is a male and female but they still mate to fertilize their eggs before laying.

To start a snail farm depends on your capital and resources, to setup a commercial snail farm is executive but cheaper to run.

A grasscutter family of 1 male 4 female cost #50,000 plus transport cage.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2014
How much do you think it would cost to start a commercial snail farm?
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by Abbey1987: 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
metroy4x:
A snail pen should be build with mud block and with roof non metal roofing method you can afford, the building must be air controled and secure against predators.

There's is no ready made feed for snail, you will 've to formulate their feed, this 're the raw materials :
* fish meal
* maize
* soya meal
* oyster shell or bone meal
* whole wheat

All these will be grind to powder.
They also feed on fruits and vegetables. Always give them enough water, oyster shell or bone this help to build their shell.
They 're very cheap to feed compared to other livestocks.

Snails 're hermaphrodite, each snail is a male and female but they still mate to fertilize their eggs before laying.

To start a snail farm depends on your capital and resources, to setup a commercial snail farm is executive but cheaper to run.

A grasscutter family of 1 male 4 female cost #50,000 plus transport cage.
. Hw can I get it?
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by Juliana7: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
Good info
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by metroy4x: 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2015
Call me if you need a direction to the farm

Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by goludayo: 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
I want to know more about grasscutter farming .pls. My no is 08062340232 u can add me on whats app
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by metroy4x: 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
Alright
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by justinbolodj(m): 3:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
Please I want to b added to d grass cutter watsapp group
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by justinbolodj(m): 3:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
Here is my number 08124518112 tanx
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by Bobbyjay001(m): 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
Pls,add me to the grasscutter and snail whatsapp group. My no is 07030111153
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by Mzsunshine(f): 8:37am On Jan 21, 2015
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by okych16(m): 9:25am On Jan 21, 2015
please i'm interested too sir... please add me he there is a whatsapp group for it... 08067343860
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by waksman(m): 9:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
[pls add me to d snail whatsapp group.. Tanx 08186484638
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by metroy4x: 12:23am On Jan 24, 2015
Thank you all that send send me recharge card, but am sorry this is not for business, am doing this to give back what NaIraland had give me, pls don't let other nairalander think it's all about making money. Thank you.

By next month anybody on my whatsapp number will receive free whatsapp training on snail, grasscutter, fish farming and farm management.
So drop your number to be part of 2015 new era of farming, all question are welcome.
Thanks.
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by AreaFada2: 5:22am On Jan 24, 2015
Nice thread
Re: Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine by temidunmomi(m): 1:41am On Jan 25, 2015
Pls add me to the group 08037844505

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IJEOMA'S SEAFOOD-Oron Crayfish can still be bought / Cassava Weeding Machine For Sale!! / Land Clearing, Bulldozer Clearing That Leaves The Top Soil Untampered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.