Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

The Personal Revolution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Personal Revolution (481 Views)

See The Personal Multi Million Naira Estate Gov. Udom Is Building (photos) / 'A Silent Revolution Is Taking Place In Lagos' - Goodluck Jonathan / Tinubu Calls For Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Personal Revolution by erad(m): 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
When I get to be involved in a discussion about my dear country Nigeria and I hear someone repeat that dreaded sentence,

"We'll just have to keep praying for Nigeria".

I tend to temporarily lose my senses. Who on earth still thinks this way? Nigeria has some of the biggest churches in the world and is home to filthy rich (assumed spiritually powerful) general overseers, we are even unofficially counted among the most religious countries in the world, yet She has been steadily moving from grace to grass.

Shouldn't we have realized there's something wrong somewhere? Its either this religion of a thing isn't for us or we are just damn cowards always seeking the easy way (prayers) out.

I can't remember the number of times I've gone into lengthy fasts for this country, the only benefit I derived was reduction of my already bulging pot-belly. Everything is still the same, my rights are still being trampled upon and my future in my own home is still uncertain.
We Nigerians need to start realizing that we are in this alone. There's no God anywhere who's gonna wave a magic wand and make everything better (I'm not saying there's no God, he just doesn't work the way we've been programmed to believe). We need to start being politically conscious and economically active.

Our general overseers just like our elected (mostly rigged in) leaders are not ready to empower us and make us independent because they know that will reduce our dependence on their spiritual maneuvers and policies. Overseers can build schools and charge exorbitantly (affordable to mostly children of these same politicians) but can't create youth empowerment programs. They have turned to devils that give you N10 and use it to collect N100 in return. Nothing goes for nothing. They build their schools with our tithes and offering and we can't even afford these same schools. Irony of life.

I have nothing against them though. They'll keep sucking us dry till we smart up and snatch our freedom from the claws of religious and spiritual slavery.

Nigeria truly needs a revolution but its a personal revolution. A revolution against archaic thought processes, a revolution against spiritual slavery, a revolution against misinformation. We have been pushed aside for too long, our time is now to build a better Nigerian and by extension, a better Nigeria. The battle is within.

SO HELP US GOD.
Re: The Personal Revolution by thegoodone2(m): 5:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
kk
Re: The Personal Revolution by adewale2011(m): 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2014
bros no be lie you talk o!!! time to stop wishing and face reality...

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Withdraws Claim Against Stallion Motors / Ex- Bauchi Speaker Wins PDP Gubernatorial Ticket / Even The Nigerian Kids Knows GEJ Is Clueless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.