Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House (1941 Views)

Six Types Of Students You Will Meet In Medical School. / 10 Types Of Students You Will Meet In Hostels / 12 Types Of Students You Will Meet In Night Classes (2) (3) (4)

11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by Abduletudaye(m): 6:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
Respect to all secondary schools out there and even mine(Lagos State Senior Model College, Meiran) inclusive. Staying in boarding house was really fun back then. As I reminisced about the adventure back then, I just thought I should quickly analyse the types of students I had back then. The list may/maynot be complete but hey we just trying to catch fun.. So here goes....

1. [B]The Effikoz:[/B] These are the types of students that will always and I mean 'Always' answer questions correctly in the class. Infact, we some times term them as the 'ITK' of the class. They always asked questions and are ready to answer. Me and my dull brain wey dey one corner just dey imagine. Now, am all grown up and I realise why they were just like that. Not forgeting to add that these effikos also tend to be very stubborn when seniors send them on errands.. angry

2. [B]The Bad Boys:[/B] hehehe.. These ones eh.. grin .. Infact, they're not serious rara. When there's a teacher in the class, they will make noise and not care if they're flogged or sent out. You will always find they sitting at the back of the class. In short, they're the back benchers grin. Some will even go as far as throwing pieces of paper at the teacher when he is facing the chalk board trying to explain somethings unknown to the students. angry

3. [B]The Fine Boys/Girls:[/B] Kai when I was in school I mumu die! grin . Oya wait. There were lots of fine girls and guys back then make I no lie. I was a fine boy too oo but u no na.. Hehehe.. wink. So these categories of students will always form fresh, try to look neat at all cost so that the opposite sex would 'trip'. Some of these fine students were brilliant and the rest were just empty skulls sad .
One girl used to like me wella that time and even bought a wrist watch on my birthday but what did I do? I mumuishly let her go. sad

4. [B]The Unknown:[/B] Nobody seem to recognise these ones when they enter the class or the hostel. Why? Simple. They're always running away from school or jumping the fence. These are the same students that know all the illegal exits in the school. So when you block one way, they will look for another. They're the same ones that can throw a stone to a teacher and tell the same teacher that they can run after them but won't catch them.. Kai. Them get mind that time ooo.

5. [B]The Love Birds:[/B] Nobody loves themselves more than themselves grin. These lovers will always look for spare time to see each other no matter how stressful school was. They will even go as far as meeting themselves in empty class rooms when others are in the hostels observing siesta. Na seniors get mouth pass. Them just dey do their own anyhow. I even caught my head boy one day like that..I was busy doing my mumu waka waka inside dark area oo when one voice called.. I first fear say na Amadioha. grin.. Then when I heard the voice again saying I should come, I knew it was my senior..then behold! Na my head boy with one girl o! He said if I should open my mouth to tell anybody about what I saw, that e go kill me.. I dare not tell anybody na.. See fear wey grip me. Na nairalanders con hear am at last.. grin.

6. [B]The Shy Ones:[/B] Why shall I shy? grin. Anyway, won't talk no matter how hard you force them to. Interaction nko? Zero. There are just too weird.

7. [B]The Sports Man:[/B] Now, everyone should have this ones in their schools na. Hehehe. They perform in nearly all the sports and take golds hence stealing all the 'honeys' from the guys. The girls admire this sports guys eh. Kai. The guy don't need to toast her, she don gree already coz he knows he's too popular. They're usually muscular, some times short and very agile.

8. [B]The Dancer:[/B] They will never make an appearance in other categories except when it comes to MUSIC. Kai. See dancing. I think it was when I was in SSS2 that I saw break dancing in my school at its best. During social night? Kai.. The girls would go gaga. I was so marveled at the way these guys could move. Assuming say I be woman, I for don dey trip but #teamantigay grin ..I was also a dancer sha. *yimmu*

9. [B]The Dummies:[/B] Their types are found almost in secondary instituitions. Kai. How can your mate be sending you bucket of water?? Haba..Then, the mate can go as far as slaping him if he's reluctant. These dummies can borrow money for water! Choi! They will borrow from one person just to go and pay another person they're owing. I used to know one of them..'BOLO' kai.. That name suits him. He talks like he's been injected on his mouth..very slow and dull. Smh

10. [B]The Teachers Kid:[/B]Infact eh, these ones are not liable to offend o because if they dare do Their mama or papa who's a teacher will cut off their head. #Gbam. True story. The real them just wanna be scoundrels in uniform but their folks won't just let them be.

11. [B]The FFO's:[/B] For food only!! We also call them food mongers! They know the time for dinning hall and the school food time table.. Their kinda brains tho'. They're always first to be in the dinning hall for food. Like in my ex- school, they like first corner, first middle or second corner or second middle just because they're likely to get served plenty of food. I remember one of them wa given a bucket, yes I said it.. A bucket of cooked jollof rice to eat and he didn't give a living soul! He simply eat it half way, stood up and started jugging so he could finish the rest..

Kai.. Model college! I hail ooo.. grin ..

The list is endless tho' but here are the ones I could remember. Oya clap for me grin

Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by pweshex(m): 6:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
I was popular during my secondary school days, probably because of my innocent nature grin
Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by acenazt: 6:50pm On Dec 06, 2014
mehn I was shy and almost unknown till I started offering food and nutrition classes. it was fun mehnn wish I could go back in time. I miss those days sooooo much
Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by Adeoba10(m): 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
banned
Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by teemanbastos(m): 8:57pm On Dec 06, 2014
what is boarding schl. ? It doesnt exist over here in Iraq.

Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by Francheezy(m): 11:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
What of the Dirty ones

The stingy ones

Boarding school in France was quite interesting. I miss Paris St Francis high school cry

Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by ajahexcel(m): 11:18pm On Dec 06, 2014
ones that run planless
plus the gypsy who never sleeps in dorm
Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by Medunah: 6:43am On Dec 07, 2014
I went to a day school and we had all those pple on ur list too
Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by JbravoAdodger(m): 6:46am On Dec 07, 2014
Ahh reppin team#4. boardin school was jus too prisonlike for a free spirit like me

#prisonbreak
#scofield
#fred and george weasly
Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by Therock5555(m): 6:50am On Dec 07, 2014
Chai ur number 11 is a classic, I fear those food consumers. Its a pity I attended boarding school for just 3 months before them transferred popsy
Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by uchebest2006(m): 8:43am On Dec 07, 2014
Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by StrongPen1s: 10:36am On Dec 07, 2014
OP, none of the points you listed here are peculiar only to boarding school or its students. All the shii you listed are also done by day students as well.
Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by iamdotune(m): 11:25am On Dec 07, 2014
Medunah:
I went to a day school and we had all those pple on ur list too
But you cant know their character more, only if you attended a boarding school you'll know what we are talking about, boarding school is like living in one compound together seeing yourselves 24/7 bath and eat together etc
Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by thrizzle(m): 1:01pm On Dec 07, 2014
Lmao op you're on point haha I had one of those dummies as a friend he used to go on errands for me and we were mates cheesycheesy

In my school the food mongers were known as strikers they'd rush to the dining hall just so they are first on the table and can serve food.

You forgot to add the chesters , they stay right there while getting flogged and don't move, forming swag while getting beaten

Lsmcbadore here
Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by ggrin(f): 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
The pastor's nko cheesy and the akproko guys/girls grin
Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2014
The beggars: those once that beg for everything wether pencil, biro, biscuit, socks etc
Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by Valfrankie(m): 2:02pm On Dec 07, 2014
Here's my #CHARITYCOMMENT to help move your ministry to it's permanent site. To be Frank with you, you said nothing worth commenting on undecided angry

Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by Abduletudaye(m): 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
thrizzle:
Lmao op you're on point haha I had one of those dummies as a friend he used to go on errands for me and we were mates cheesycheesy

In my school the food mongers were known as strikers they'd rush to the dining hall just so they are first on the table and can serve food.

You forgot to add the chesters , they stay right there while getting flogged and don't move, forming swag while getting beaten

Lsmcbadore here

Hehehe.. Ma niqqqa!!!! I borrowed striker sef...my twin was in badore for a year before he transfered to my school. He gave me gist about chesters too! grin. Very cool.. He even told me about Master George and Jando!

Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by Abduletudaye(m): 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
Valfrankie:
Here's my #CHARITYCOMMENT to help move your ministry to it's permanent site. To be Frank with you, you said nothing worth commenting on undecided angry

Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by Valfrankie(m): 3:59pm On Dec 07, 2014

Re: 11 Types Of Students You Meet In A Boarding House by motherlode: 4:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
6 thou cheesy

E8 In Economics / Some Funny Moments Only Students From Futminna Can Understand / Sheffield Hallam University Transform Together Full-time Undergraduate -apply