Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity (16822 Views)

Unseen Photo Of Captain And Crew On Board Nigerian Warship NNS Thunder F90 / Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria / First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by Reference(m): 8:06am On Dec 07, 2014
PROUDIGBO:
Still buying battle-ships from other countries more than 50 years since gaining independence!

Nobody builds battleships anymore. In naval warfare the era of the battleship is over. Radar, antiship missiles and attack submarines have made battleships floating grave yards.
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by Reference(m): 8:09am On Dec 07, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

Russia placed an order with France for a Mistral Class war ship.
http://www.france24.com/en/20141205-france-may-never-deliver-mistral-warships-russia-navy-ukraine/

Most of the Parts in high tech US war ships, jets and Tanks come from China.

The last paragraph is not true.
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by anonimi: 8:21am On Dec 07, 2014
Reference:

This is not true.

What EXACTLY is not true
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by ocelot2006(m): 8:25am On Dec 07, 2014
DesChyko:
Second sha
A whole Nigerian Navy that has being in existence since is just launching it's second Naval ship?
Adjust the topic to be more accomodating or move this into a gossip corner.
It doesn't speak well of our government efforts.
Half bread is better than none sha.

Buffoon, that is the SECOND ship of the same class. The first is NNS CENTENARY.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by ocelot2006(m): 8:27am On Dec 07, 2014
Reference:

Nobody builds battleships anymore. In naval warfare the era of the battleship is over. Radar, antiship missiles and attack submarines have made battleships floating grave yards.

Warships are still being built around the world till date. What has changed is the design, weapons system, and technology used.
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by Reference(m): 8:30am On Dec 07, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

The Nigerian Navy Special Boat Service is the most advanced Special Unit in the Military.

They are deployed in the NE.

NIGERIAN NAVY SPECIAL FORCES WELL TRAINED, WELL EQUIPPED” – GERMAN NAVAL OFFICER ; SAYS POSSESS SKILLS SET UNAVAILABLE TO OTHER PARTICIPATING REGIONAL NAVIES

https://beegeagle./2014/04/19/exercise-obangame-2014-nigerian-navy-special-forces-well-trained-well-equipped-german-naval-officer-says-possess-skills-set-unavailable-to-other-participating-regional-navies/

That's what I've been saying. The SBS is established essentially on a British military doctrine dissimilar to what the American SEALS operate. Our military TRADOC like many other aspects of our lives is British based and it will be extremely difficult to integrate it with American Military TRADOC.
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by DesChyko: 8:34am On Dec 07, 2014
ocelot2006:

Buffoon, that is the SECOND ship of the same class. The first is NNS CENTENARY.

Before you posted, you must have seen this rule:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.

Adhere strictly to the rules if you are a Nairalander. Thank you.

Now, refer back to the post you so wholeheartedly frowned upon. I'm very sure you missed this:

..Adjust the topic to be more accomodating..

Probably you won't have gone in blindly as to insult people of, obviously, a higher intellectual and moral standing than you.

Your parents won't be too proud of you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by passey: 8:46am On Dec 07, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

The Nigerian Navy Special Boat Service is the most advanced Special Unit in the Military.

They are deployed in the NE.

NIGERIAN NAVY SPECIAL FORCES WELL TRAINED, WELL EQUIPPED” – GERMAN NAVAL OFFICER ; SAYS POSSESS SKILLS SET UNAVAILABLE TO OTHER PARTICIPATING REGIONAL NAVIES

https://beegeagle./2014/04/19/exercise-obangame-2014-nigerian-navy-special-forces-well-trained-well-equipped-german-naval-officer-says-possess-skills-set-unavailable-to-other-participating-regional-navies/
YES? THE SBS IS THE MOST ELITE FIGHTING FORCE IN AFRICA AND HAVING DOING EXPLOITS AGAINST BH BUT NAIJA USELESS PRESS ONLY REPORTS JUNK. AM IN THE NORTH EAST, WE KNOW WHAT THESE HEROES ARE DOING. JUST PRAY FOR THEM? THE ARE SOMETHING SPECIAL. ALL NIGERIAN SHOULD BE PROUD OF THEM.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 07, 2014
grin grin grin
Tolexander:
This ship will be very effective in launching great attacks on the Boko Haram from Lake Chad!
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by Reference(m): 8:50am On Dec 07, 2014
anonimi:

How well do YOU maintain YOUR own house, flat, office, shop, market stall or personal space
When was the last time you repainted/refurbished/renovated/redecorated it?

Is the Nigerian government not a representative reflection of our aggregate, collective VALUES

It is very easy to blame government that we think erroneously as an abstract, remote entity while we ABANDON and neglect our own ROLES angry

Don't mind him. We use the term 'maintenance culture' without thinking that the term 'culture' means a collection of societal values. Is it only government that has values. What about the people. Pissing on toilet floors, stealing lamp posts, bridge rails and scraping gravel of road shoulders. We are all culpable.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 07, 2014
YOU GO FEAR THIER BOOP UP GUNS...SSS THINGS
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by menesheh(m): 8:53am On Dec 07, 2014
Tolexander:
This ship will be very effective in launching great attacks on the Boko Haram from Lake Chad!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by revolt(m): 8:55am On Dec 07, 2014
Reference:

this is how ppl talk rubbish!!!! So how are mass weaponry moved across the atlantic enmass? Someone even opened his mouth to say china makes all US hi tech spare parts, I believe effects of weed. That being said by now we should be building our own ships atleast assembling tham, its horrendously lousy to celebrate our purchase of a chinese ship. God!!! !!!!
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by revolt(m): 8:58am On Dec 07, 2014
Reference:

Don't mind him. We use the term 'maintenance culture' without thinking that the term 'culture' means a collection of societal values. Is it only government that has values. What about the people. Pissing on toilet floors, stealing lamp posts, bridge rails and scraping gravel of road shoulders. We are all culpable.
The black race is savage and beastly!!! No racism here jes FACT. Even when I try to maintain things in my workplace, ppl make me look stupid making comments like UR WAHALA TOO MUCH..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by o42austino(m): 8:59am On Dec 07, 2014
shumax:
This ship has been ordered since during the Days of Obasanjo, it isn't a Jonathan Thing
Why do u people like to lie? that ship was Awarded by GEJ govt which include two ships and Threr Submarine, the firstlady was in China some yrs back as it is custom in sailors world for mostly ladies to commission the building of Ships.

www.yohaig.com/nairaland/navy-presents-a-model-of-goodluck-submarine-to-patience-jonathan/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by Reference(m): 9:03am On Dec 07, 2014
anonimi:

What EXACTLY is not true

That most parts of American tanks and other hardware come from China. This is ridiculous. Top grade weaponry is not made in such large quantities to necesitate manufacture offshore. What China offers in terms of cheap manufacturing does not apply to the american military. That's why in the independent global arms market you cannot get American weaponry or clones to buy. They make everything themselves.
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by benlay(m): 9:13am On Dec 07, 2014
Reference:

That most parts of American tanks and other hardware come from China. This is ridiculous. Top grade weaponry is not made in such large quantities to necesitate manufacture offshore. What China offers in terms of cheap manufacturing does not apply to the american military. That's why in the independent global arms market you cannot get American weaponry or clones to buy. They make everything themselves.

thanks for your comments, I was looking for the post that says most hitech US military equipment come from China, that's ridiculous for someone who thinks he knows but he does not know jack.
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by Reference(m): 9:16am On Dec 07, 2014
ocelot2006:

Warships are still being built around the world till date. What has changed is the design, weapons system, and technology used.

Of course. But the term 'battleship' is a specific type of 'warship' used to destroy other vessels or beach head fortifications with massive guns and munitions in the wars of the 30's up to the 50's. The advent of the ship killing missiles and the changing nature of warfare has rendered them useless. Navies round the world go for smaller, quicker and stealthier vessels like Corvettes and Destroyers to protect and assault. What will you do with a huge battleship against pirates or militants....
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by Reference(m): 9:25am On Dec 07, 2014
benlay:

thanks for your comments, I was looking for the post that says most hitech US military equipment come from China, that's ridiculous for someone who thinks he knows but he does not know jack.

If Chinese companies were making most components that go into say the M1-A1 or M1-A2 or the Apache or the Raptor then trust the Chinese everyone will have a copy of those things as they have flooded the world with AK's and T-72's.
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by matrixme(m): 9:43am On Dec 07, 2014
Alot of informed Nigerians just wake up and start saying alot of funny things about the Nigerian armed forces. We may have a weak government; but never a weak Navy; Army and perhaps airforce. The type of advanced armor tanks I saw in the convoy of the Army; on the way to Ikot Abasi yesterday made me repent about my beliefs about the military. I pray I never get to see those ones in action. And I am not talking of the baby armor tanks they mount on carriers like you often see. I wonder what more lies in their weaponry!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by emmadejust(m): 10:00am On Dec 07, 2014
Tolexander:

bros I salute u inside dis Sunday morning.....

e don tey I read ur komment for front bench matterz

...... e be Like say u no dey around the area again?

anyway ......welcome and Wey bread?

#ibeurstandinfann.
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 07, 2014
teemanbastos:
Nigeria Launch Second Naval
Ship NNS Unity ko..
Nigeria dinner Second Naval
Ship NNS Unity ni..

Mtcheewww..next pls
chairman dat one dry small

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by Tolexander: 10:18am On Dec 07, 2014
emmadejust:

bros I salute u inside dis Sunday morning.....

e don tey I read ur komment for front bench matterz

...... e be Like say u no dey around the area again?

anyway ......welcome and Wey bread?

#ibeurstandinfann.
my bro, i hail o!

Na so o, i'd been to London to buy some medicine like that pussi cat.

I'm now very much back for now. Your bread dey inside fridge, i want make e warm small before serving you cheesy

Haw life and work bro?
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by igbo2011(m): 10:18am On Dec 07, 2014
Thus us good but Nigeria needs to build its own apps 100 percent by itself. Aldi let's submarines weapons, cars, tracks and everything we need for the military!
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by emmadejust(m): 10:27am On Dec 07, 2014
Tolexander:
my bro, i hail o!

Na so o, i'd been to London to buy some medicine like that pussi cat.

I'm now very much back for now.

Haw life and work bro?

Hmmmm Hope no b ebol@ case Wey we don kill n bury carry you go? na Which korna korna road u take enter london? abi na this ship u use cruise enter.....

life dey beriful inside naija ooooo
work dey plenty but client no dey pay wella nowadays again ooo
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by sammyj: 10:42am On Dec 07, 2014
Its a Big lie!!! US can never procure part meant for her security equipment from China. China always imitate US tech and why go back to procure imitation from copy cat.
BackDatAssUp:

Russia placed an order with France for a Mistral Class war ship.
http://www.france24.com/en/20141205-france-may-never-deliver-mistral-warships-russia-navy-ukraine/

Most of the Parts in high tech US war ships, jets and Tanks come from China.
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by feaz(m): 11:23am On Dec 07, 2014
I'm so sorry for those criticizing the Navy....
humans must complain...
keep talking...instead of thinking on achieving

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by Donjinks(m): 11:24am On Dec 07, 2014
God Bless Nigerian Navy Onward Together!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by acenazt: 11:30am On Dec 07, 2014
Tolexander:
lmao this guy ur brain dey pain u? how the ship want reach lake chad??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by acenazt: 11:38am On Dec 07, 2014
o42austino:
Why do u people like to lie? that ship was Awarded by GEJ govt which include two ships and Threr Submarine, the firstlady was in China some yrs back as it is custom in sailors world for mostly ladies to commission the building of Ships.

www.yohaig.com/nairaland/navy-presents-a-model-of-goodluck-submarine-to-patience-jonathan/

ehhh? where them subs na
Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by paooxide(m): 11:40am On Dec 07, 2014
Tolexander:

Lol.. How do you want the ship to enter. Please you can suggest. (Lake Chad ko Lake Chad ni.)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity by sammyj: 11:47am On Dec 07, 2014
Don't mind him na Olodo !!! Lol!!!!
paooxide:

Lol.. How do you want the ship to enter. Please you can suggest. (Lake Chad ko Lake Chad ni.)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yakubu Gowon Celebrates 81st Birthday Today! / PDP Jittery As Wike Ignores Chieftains In Project Inaugurations / Fashola Ask Jonathan To Withdraw Troops From Lagos Streets – Full Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.