Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Should We Stop Giving Tithe? - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Stop Giving Tithe? (20103 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / How Do We Stop Islam ? / Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by sylvok: 6:04am On Jul 16, 2013
pilgrim.1:
@segyemaro,

Your story is interesting, thank you for sharing. I see that as a refreshing answer to the topic: "should we stop giving tithes?" Do i then take it that we should not stop giving tithes?

Like I've been trying to point out, perhaps we should realise that "tithes" are not the problem at all. If we can all see that, it makes me wonder why people are averse to it and try to argue that it has no place in the life of a Christian. It is either it does, or it simply does not. To which I would like a few people opposed to tithes to check this out:

Okay, the Holy Spirit directed the man to take his tithes to Abuja and even pointed out the person he was to give his tithes to. The Spirit did not tell this man that "tithe" has no place in the Christian life. Just an observation to the question: "Should We Stop Giving Tithe?"
tithe has no place in christianity "full stop" we can only give freely and to the poor and the needy. tithe is a law in old testament and has no place in NT. the first century christians neva paid tithe and it was not mentioned anywhere in NT. it was when capitalism entered the church that tithe found its way into christianity. the new generation pastors and clergy men are making machendise of people. tithe cannot take anybody to heaven. QED
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hmmm you can say that again

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Why There Are No Aborted Or Dead Babies In Hell / What Is That Song That Lifts Your Spirit? / A Boy Who Turned 12 On 12/12/12 Labelled Anti Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.