Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Nicki Minaj Vs. Iggy Azalea...who Is Bigger Right Now? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nicki Minaj Vs. Iggy Azalea...who Is Bigger Right Now? (4255 Views)

Iggy Azalea – Reclassified (album Download) / Iggy Azalea - Female Eminem? / What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nicki Minaj Vs. Iggy Azalea...who Is Bigger Right Now? by kay29000(m): 8:16am On Dec 07, 2014
So, Nicki Minaj has had a long run with it since she came on the scene in 2009. She has enjoyed a very successful career, and has been damn near the only female rapper on the commercial scene, before Iggy Azalea showed up. I am not talking of being the only female rapper in Hip Hop, but she was the only female rapper in the mainstream for a long time. Yea, Kreayshawn popped up for a while, but she was gone as fast as she came. Right now, no one can argue the fact that Iggy Azalea is Nicki's biggest competition.

Technically speaking, Nicki Minaj is a better skilled rapper than Iggy Azalea, but talent is not always enough. In music, as in every other industry out there, the world is more concerned with the individual that can deliver what they want, when they want it, how they want it, every time they want it. And this has to do with dedication to your craft, hardwork, and flexibility. So, who between this two female rappers is the bigger right now?

Let's put up some criteria for judging....

Album and singles sales in 2014
Nicki Minaj is yet to release her Pinkprint album, so we can only match the two on singles sales for now. But, if we were to compare Iggy's current album sales with Nicki's past album sales, Nicki would win, but we are concerned about RIGHT NOW, not the past. Just for the record, Iggy Azalea's The New Classic album is at 400,000 (and selling), and Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which was released in 2012 has sold 785,000.

Let's match them fairly now with the singles both of them have released this year; 2014. Nicki Minaj has released three singles this year; Pills N Potions, Anaconda, and Only. Pills N Potions has sold 605,000 copies in the U.S (according to Nielsen Soundscan data), Anaconda has sold over 1.2 million copies so far, and Nicki's latest single, Only is at 175,000 copies sold. Iggy Azalea had her "Work" single certified platinum by Nielsen Soundscan on the 23rd of September; Fancy is at 3.8 million sold, and 7 million worldwide; Black Widow is at 1.9 million copies sold...and her latest single off of her The New Classic reissue album (Reclassified), Beg For It is at 135,000 copies sold. I think Iggy is at the top with this criteria.

Twitter Followers & Facebook Likes
Iggy Azalea has 3.2 million followers on Twitter, and Nicki Minaj has 18.4 million followers. Iggy's official page on Facebook has 6 million likes, and Nicki has 45 million likes on her official Facebook page. Nicki is light years ahead in this category. Or we can just attribute that to the fact that Nicki has had a longer time to gather the Likes and Followers (over 5 years), while Iggy just started really popping this year (2014).

Youtube Views
Nicki Minaj's Anaconda has been viewed 309 million times, Pills N Potions has been viewed 85 million times, and Only has been viewed 11 million times. Whoa! That's a lot of views for one artist. Iggy Azalea's Fancy video has been viewed 369 million times, Black Widow has been viewed 143 million times, and Work has been viewed 120 million times. Iggy definitely is the most viewed, and wins in this category.

So, who is bigger right now? I'd say Iggy...but as I said earlier, I believe Nicki is a more skilled rapper than Iggy.
Re: Nicki Minaj Vs. Iggy Azalea...who Is Bigger Right Now? by Dellakizz(f): 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
Iggy is truly a big competition for Nicki ...so d battle rolls on ...reminds me of early Beyonce and Rihanna comparison

1 Like

Re: Nicki Minaj Vs. Iggy Azalea...who Is Bigger Right Now? by kay29000(m): 10:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
Dellakizz:
Iggy is truly a big competition for Nicki ...so d battle rolls on ...reminds me of early Beyonce and Rihanna comparison

Yea.
Re: Nicki Minaj Vs. Iggy Azalea...who Is Bigger Right Now? by lyfe(m): 9:04am On Dec 09, 2014
Nah I don't think so. Both sing crap and Iggy is just talentless and her career will soon spiral down with time.
Re: Nicki Minaj Vs. Iggy Azalea...who Is Bigger Right Now? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
lyfe:
Nah I don't think so. Both sing crap and Iggy is just talentless and her career will soon spiral down with time.
another of those 'I only listen to songs made in the 90s' dude on nairaland...mtcheew,you for just leave the thread un-replied...

As it stands,Nicki is better but iggy is a big pain in that her big axx (grin grin),recently I've been listening to more of iggy's song than nicki's... Black widow is a fucking cool song and WORK (she spitted some real shit) was actually the song that made me start digging up her archives.
Iggy's gon be in the female rap game for a very long time but second to nicki, Nicki has just gone too far for her to catch-up with.

1 Like

Re: Nicki Minaj Vs. Iggy Azalea...who Is Bigger Right Now? by lyfe(m): 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
Jregz:

another of those 'I only listen to songs made in the 90s' dude on nairaland...mtcheew,you for just leave the thread un-replied...

As it stands,Nicki is better but iggy is a big pain in that her big axx (grin grin),recently I've been listening to more of iggy's song than nicki's... Black widow is a fucking cool song and WORK (she spitted some real shit) was actually the song that made me start digging up her archives.
Iggy's gon be in the female rap game for a very long time but second to nicki, Nicki has just gone too far for her to catch-up with.

Don't make me laugh. None of her songs is worthy to be referred to as a rap music.
Re: Nicki Minaj Vs. Iggy Azalea...who Is Bigger Right Now? by kay29000(m): 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
Jregz:

Thanks for your sensible addition. I am so tired of those trapped in the 90s people. I started listening to Hip Hop music in 1991, so I should also be trapped in the 90s. But I appreciate different types of art. You can't tell me Nicki raps crap. Or that Iggy doesn't make really cool songs with lovely hooks. Unless u are just a close-minded hater. I am still a big Lil Kim fan, but I appreciate talent, even if I don't like the individual with the talent.
Re: Nicki Minaj Vs. Iggy Azalea...who Is Bigger Right Now? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
kay29000:

Thanks for your sensible addition. I am so tired of those trapped in the 90s people. I started listening to Hip Hop music in 1991, so I should also be trapped in the 90s. But I appreciate different types of art. You can't tell me Nicki raps crap. Or that Iggy doesn't make really cool songs with lovely hooks.Unless u are just a close-minded hater. I am still a big Lil Kim fan, but I appreciate talent, even if I don't like the individual with the talent.
Spot on bruh!!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Faze Songs Ever / Download MP3: Swae Lee – Hurt To Look / Deezell ft. DJ Ab – Bana Ji MP3 DOWNLOAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.