Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,026 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 (1016 Views)

6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections / Top 10 Reasons Why You Should NOT Vote Jonathan Again! / "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by xtrafly(m): 10:30am On Dec 07, 2014
This is my first post in the politics section, I usually just view threads and comments without getting involved. I have strived albeit with great disappointment to remain apolitical so far, but like they say, evil thrives when good men do nothing.

The general elections are around the corner, and whenever I click on the politics section, what I see saddens me. I am of the belief that education is the solution to the problem of Nigeria, but reading the posts and comments of the so called educated and enlightened ones, I weep for the future of Nigeria. The votes of the majority of the educated are up for auction.

I personally will not vote in the upcoming elections. Reason is that I will not risk my safety to vote for people I do not believe in. My mum, dad and siblings still need me. As far as I am concerned, all the contesting candidates are failures. Why should I vote for GEJ? He has been president so far for almost 5 years, what has he achieved? The north east is a no-go area. What gives his staunch followers the impression that if he wins a second tenure in office, it would be any different? 4 years and 7 months into his tenure and the nation is still dependent on crude oil as its major source of foreign exchange, Nigeria is still the only OPEC member that does not refine oil locally, the army is still ill equipped to fight insurgency (as they want us to believe), the standard of education is still at a near zero level, power generation is still a joke, elections are still not free and fair, the same leaders who debased the country are still in various positions of government.

On the side of the APC, all their aspiring flag bearers have nothing to offer Nigeria. Atiku was a prominent member of a new democracy that had a clear chance to put Nigeria on the right path, at a crucial point when the populace yearned for a breath of fresh air and looked forward to the future with great hope and enthusiasm, but what did he do? He and his cronies saw it as a second chance to fill their pockets. In a sane clime, Atiku and OBJ would be in jail. but this is Nigeria, where you plunder the resources of the nation, and use same as a power tool to get whatever you want.

In my opinion, Buhari’s continuous and comical fight for the seat of the president is now borne more out of his unwillingness to accept defeat than having any good thing to offer the nation. He ruled when Nigeria was a young nation, in a military government where his word was an order and law, he had a chance to reshape and build a nation that was still trying to heal the wounds of the civil war. What did he have to show for that? Absolutely nothing. Oh I get, in the period following his retirement, he has had time to reflect on what he should have done and is determined to make a difference now. And if he does not win as expected, he threatens to destabilize the nation. Absolute nonsense. I will restrict the APC contestants to these two as we all know it is between them.

The greatest sadness and proof of a dysfunctional nearest future is the crowd of supposedly enlightened people who are supposed to be the hope of a great future clamoring behind these nonachievers in the hope that a few crumbs will fall off their table if they win. Is this what we have become? A society where your vote is up for auction to the highest bidder, a society where progress, achievement and qualification is slaughtered on the altar of tribalism. In the words of Mr. Herbert Risch “Africa, yeah yeah the dark continent”.

I hate to read really long posts and I do not intend for this to be an essay, but until intellectuals who have achieved things in places we can all see and feel come up to contest for elections, until the masses - especially the youth who are the leaders of tomorrow decide that enough is enough, until losers take their losses in good faith and join hands to build a great country, until all these and more happen, I do not see us making much progress.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, non but ourselves can free our mind... - Bob Marley (Redemption Song, 1980)

4 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by SeverusSnape(m): 10:35am On Dec 07, 2014
word bro... I'm with on this.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by Mogidi: 11:06am On Dec 07, 2014
@xtrafly
I agree with some of your sentiments but not voting shouldn't be an option except you want to wake up in a caliphate ruled by Buhari, you made good points nonetheless.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by chamboy(m): 11:15am On Dec 07, 2014
u just being ignorant n if u dnt vote u would b ruled by idiots... I dnt blame u, d failure of the Present government has not affected ur life really bad

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by doroboss(m): 11:34am On Dec 07, 2014
Wow, I love your post, makes a lot of sense. But if every one follows your approach by not voting, it means the incumbent will return. Nice post again. Ishilove come and do justice to this unbiased school of thought.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by CharliParker: 11:35am On Dec 07, 2014
Well said bro, Warning to APC, pls if not ROCHAS/FASHOLA Many especialy from S East and S west will not vote, or better still vote for GEJ and that will lead to the failure ofAPC. My Vision 2015
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by xtrafly(m): 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by xtrafly(m): 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
Mogidi:
@xtrafly
I agree with some of your sentiments but not voting shouldn't be an option except you want to wake up in a caliphate ruled by Buhari, you made good points nonetheless.
So what do you suggest? To vote for someone who I am quite sure (judging from past records) will be a failure, or someone who has failed already?
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by xtrafly(m): 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
chamboy:
u just being ignorant n if u dnt vote u would b ruled by idiots... I dnt blame u, d failure of the Present government has not affected ur life really bad
I agree with you somewhat, it is akin to being between the devil and the deep sea. A lose - lose situation.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by xtrafly(m): 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2014
doroboss:
Wow, I love your post, makes a lot of sense. But if every one follows your approach by not voting, it means the incumbent will return. Nice post again. Ishilove come and do justice to this unbiased school of thought.
Well said, frying pan to fire and back to frying pan. I think the only glimmer of hope we have is for APC to field a candidate with a track record of success, but going by what we know of Nigerian politics, this will not happen. I will be greatly and pleasantly surprised if I am proven wrong though.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by sandraokosun: 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
una nor wan vote but so far next year when the cluless one removes the full subsidy una go they shout occupy nigeria. Hope u knw its election that has put that on hold habi buying fuel for gen won't affect u too. After he has killed power. What about you beign charged #183 for $1. Vote out gej
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by sandraokosun: 2:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
xtrafly:

So what do you suggest? To vote for someone who I am quite sure (judging from past records) will be a failure, or someone who has failed already?
who will be a failure thats what you percieve him to be because of pdp propaganda. But failed already is the present govt. And when gej who has failed already comes again it would be even worse becos he would nt be contesting again and he can show nigeria his real satanic self with impunity. But buhari would be driven by the idea of trying to prove to everybody they had wrong view of him as bad. And apc beign a new party in power would not want to go back to opposition. If you are faced with the devil and a blue deep sea. Choose the sea cos u might swim out or be rescued not to run to the devil wish is tested and the failed one here. Tell other apoliticals about this.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by xtrafly(m): 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2014
sandraokosun:
who will be a failure thats what you percieve him to be because of pdp propaganda. But failed already is the present govt. And when gej who has failed already comes again it would be even worse becos he would nt be contesting again and he can show nigeria his real satanic self with impunity. But buhari would be driven by the idea of trying to prove to everybody they had wrong view of him as bad. And apc beign a new party in power would not want to go back to opposition. If you are faced with the devil and a blue deep sea. Choose the sea cos u might swim out or be rescued not to run to the devil wish is tested and the failed one here. Tell other apoliticals about this.
Nice point, buy why Buhari? Is he the only qualified person? I am for giving someone new a chance.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by sandraokosun: 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
xtrafly:

Nice point, buy why Buhari? Is he the only qualified person? I am for giving someone new a chance.
yes but no party can singlehandly beat pdp. Thats why cpc acn came as one, does that not tell you they aren't selfish despite many ideas. Two only buhari can gather the highest votes personally. If he can get 12m votes despite a party of 2months and limited resources and came 2nd. He can get more with even ppol knowing the real truth about him. 4now its about the best candidate that can push more votes expecially frm north. You can feature a person that suits u only when u have the power not when u are fighting to get that power. Look at ribadu a young bright mind for acn ticket in 2011, but the same GMB won more than him singlehandly. Besides its better to change govt so pdp won't think its their birthrit they would be the ones beging like we did to telecoms mtn glo
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by KanwuliaJara: 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2014
Result don come out before 'SELECTION' o! grin

Voting na waste of time!
Poor Nigerian NIGGAS AND NIGGRESSES! cheesy
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by brownlord2: 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
Wonderful post xtrafly, I share the same sentiment.

Buhari may not have any corrupt cases against him, but can't say same for other high ranking members of apc, a party with atiku, seraki, tinubu does not have any moral right to talk about corruption, I do not understand how buhari intend to fight corruption having people like tinubu ( corruption personified )in his fold, this is somewhat confusing.

Also, you have power hungry politicians from PDP, who left the party because Jonathan refuse to give up his second term ambition to give room for them. Hence defecting to a new party, how can a politician spend almost 6-7 years in a party before realizing the party is corrupt, I dare apc members to give valid reasons people like atiku, ammaechi, kwakwaso left PDP, will they have left if Jonathan was not seeking reelection? The change we need is not here, 2015 will be an interesting and one of the most confusing political year for Nigeria as we choose between two devils, however I pray apc remain strong irrespective of the outcome of the election.

Nice response also Sandra, but I'm with the op
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by xtrafly(m): 5:59pm On Dec 07, 2014
brownlord2:

Buhari may not have any corrupt cases against him, but can't say same for other high ranking members of apc, a party with atiku, seraki, tinubu does not have any moral right to talk about corruption, I do not understand how buhari intend to fight corruption having people like tinubu ( corruption personified )in his fold, this is somewhat confusing.

Also, you have power hungry politicians from PDP, who left the party because Jonathan refuse to give up his second term ambition to give room for them. Hence defecting to a new party, how can a politician spend almost 6-7 years in a party before realizing the party is corrupt, I dare apc members to give valid reasons people like atiku, ammaechi, kwakwaso left PDP, will they have left if Jonathan was not seeking reelection? The change we need is not here, 2015 will be an interesting and one of the most confusing political year for Nigeria as we choose between two devils, however I pray apc remain strong irrespective of the outcome of the election.

I couldn't have said it any better... THE CHANGE WE NEED IS NOT HERE!
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by brownlord2: 6:08pm On Dec 07, 2014
xtrafly:

I couldn't have said it any better... THE CHANGE WE NEED IS NOT HERE!

Sad, worst Is the youth who support this men, if we can all come together and hold this animals accountable we have a great nation one won't have to pay to get job or need a god father.

But the youths are too blind, paid peanuts to fight and kill for the politicians, sometimes they get killed, thuggery has taken a new dimension, no more harassment on the street, all political thugs are now assembled on different social network to spread propaganda and they call it fresh air or progressive without any justification. Such a terrible situation
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by sandraokosun: 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
yeah its true when buhari becomes president he is not the man that takes orders against his moral justifcation. If it be buhari can form his own party if he thinks any party person is trying to use apc to suck the govtment. He cant leave apc now because he knows the merge of apc is the best option. At a time tinubu realised buhari is no puppet and he asked tambuwal to join the race, but he just have to stick with buhari. Look at lagos fashola is working without tinubu distraction. Tinubu knows fashola is ready to work and if he disturbs fashola can form a party and win because of performance. The question is does Buhari has a concience to resist at anytime pressure against his moral belief. The answer is yes he has it in abundance. He cant be corrupted and almost all the political criminals are scared they don't know what to expect. Dangote and top men volunteered to fund his campaign but he refused because he does not want to owe them any favour or pardon when he is in government. His campaign is purely funded by ordinary masses who pay to his campaign account.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by sandraokosun: 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
brownlord2:

yeah its true when buhari becomes president he is not the man that takes orders against his moral justifcation. If it be buhari can form his own party if he thinks any party person is trying to use apc to suck the govtment. He cant leave apc now because he knows the merge of apc is the best option. At a time tinubu realised buhari is no puppet and he asked tambuwal to join the race, but he just have to stick with buhari. Look at lagos fashola is working without tinubu distraction. Tinubu knows fashola is ready to work and if he disturbs fashola can form a party and win because of performance. The question is does Buhari has a concience to resist at anytime pressure against his moral belief. The answer is yes he has it in abundance. He cant be corrupted and almost all the political criminals are scared they don't know what to expect. Dangote and top men volunteered to fund his campaign but he refused because he does not want to owe them any favour or pardon when he is in government. His campaign is purely funded by ordinary masses who pay to his campaign account.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by ogb5(m): 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
sandraokosun:

Wait, if buhari can walk away from any corrupt union, why did he not vacate Abacha's govt. Oh I remember now. Abacha was not corrupt, Buhari explained it previously.

Nigerian youths, always looking up to their grandparents for political leadership
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by brownlord2: 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
sandraokosun:

Sandra, I understand you but you need to learn and know how politicians operate, especially your country's politicians, listen there is no politician who will want to put anyone in power and become irrelevant, this is not possible hence I'm even skeptical tinubu will support buhari in the forth coming apc primaries. They all got interest, don't tell me tinubu will want to be relegated after buhari clinch power, they all have interest and want to stay relevant. Case study is

Obj and Jonathan, reasons for the constant criticisms
Tinubu and Fashola is also a good example, if you believe tinubu is not looting lagos till this moment, then you can believe anything, yes fashola has done well atleast compare to other governors, but do you think the work tinubu/fashola has done for about 15 years 7 months justify the huge sum they've gotten? Both IGR and federal allocation?

From your post and some other apc supporters on this board, you all keep saying you supporting buhari and not apc, banking on the fact that no corrupt cases against him which I agree but let me ask you,

Do you think its possible for buhari, to fight this corruption with the kind of corrupt politicians that going to be surrounding him? A tree don't make a forest, how do you think this is possible?
Re: Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 by sandraokosun: 9:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
ogb5:

Wait, if buhari can walk away from any corrupt union, why did he not vacate Abacha's govt. Oh I remember now. Abacha was not corrupt, Buhari explained it previously.

Nigerian youths, always looking up to their grandparents for political leadership
dont be #CLUELESS please can the youths take over govt that is so saturated now, when buhari steps in men like fashola, fayemi, donald duke would gruadually start getting in and paving way 4 us.

(1) (Reply)

Confusion As Thugs Threaten Lagos PDP Gov Primary / Have You Watched This Video? Its From A South-south Musician / BUHARI: Which Of The Following LIES Of His Is The Most Famous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.