Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:10 PM

Tips To Reduce Building Costs - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tips To Reduce Building Costs (23864 Views)

Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / Save About 40% On Your Building Costs With Ecobeam Building Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by Lawalemi(m): 12:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
Buy most materials by yourself. Besides, most of them overestimate

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by ITbomb(m): 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
It is best to pour the foundation for the fence when pouring for the building, you can leave the fence at foundation level, it would be much cheaper to complete than to start pouring after the building has been raised

1 Like

Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by gneisss: 12:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
lekjons:
wen u want 2 buy materials buy it frm Yoruba man(diz set of pple want 2 sell their goods as quick as possible,it won't be too costly),wen u want 2 roof ur house call an Igbo man(it'll b cheap,dis set of pple no dey tire,trust me),wen u want 2 dig ur well,soak-away call an Hausa man(dis pple cn help u dig 200ft if u wish),Try dis nd thank me later
lmao u funny die

1 Like

Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by MEILYN(m): 12:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
lekjons:
wen u want 2 buy materials buy it frm Yoruba man(diz set of pple want 2 sell their goods as quick as possible,it won't be too costly),wen u want 2 roof ur house call an Igbo man(it'll b cheap,dis set of pple no dey tire,trust me),wen u want 2 dig ur well,soak-away call an Hausa man(dis pple cn help u dig 200ft if u wish),Try dis nd thank me later
You are very correct.... Thumbs up to you
Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by MicroBox: 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
I am almost through with my house without fencing...pls is there any challenge or disadvantage of starting a building without fencing cos I do see people fence their house with roofing sheet when building.
Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by Charlesedet25(m): 12:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
mercylicious:
Another tip i learnt from the builders in this thread is to buy ur granite from the quarry- if you are using granite. You get complete size or tiper bucket from the quarry as against the shortage in measurement by other granite sellers.
i see yhu bro....

I live in a quarry congested area here in crs, and frm my observation buying a complete tiper/truck bucket ful of granite must b done wit a reliable n trustworthy driver or else d shortage of measurement wil surely b observed caused by disloyalty of d driver..... Quote me if ur interested in dealin on gud products/materials frm my place

1 Like

Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by olumideabefe(m): 12:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
op pls can u expantiate more on 3.Do the roof carcass and
ceiling together. if you do ur
roof wood works, and later
call pl again do he ceiling, the
total cost will be higher.
[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
Get a Quantity Surveyor

1 Like

Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by jerryben12: 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
Do it yourself. No contractors, no engineers.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
If Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ want to buy sand, i.e sharp sand or plaster sand, let tipper trucks supply you because tipper trucks A̶̲̥̅яε 5 tons. 20 tons truck A̶̲̥̅яε not up to 20 tons in size aπϑ they will тєℓℓ you that their truck will carry load of 4 times what a 5 tons tipper will carry. Its a lie! aπϑ also don't let them bobo you that dredging sand is the best, albeit dredging sand is good, but if you A̶̲̥̅яε building your house aπϑ its not too far from Oworonshoki or Ilaje Bariga, buy your sand from either of the 2 aforementioned places. If not, suppliers will тєℓℓ you that they A̶̲̥̅яε bringing the sand from Badagry or Ikorodu, thereby charge you high. They may even ѕαу Bariga of Oworonshoki sand isn't good ℓi̶̲̥̅k̲̅e̶̲̥̅ dredging sand, its a pure scam! There A̶̲̥̅яε houses around my house in Bariga that were built in the 70s aπϑ 80s, aπϑ they haven't been renovated- not even once. Call me for supply of sharp sand, filling sand, plaster sand , aπϑ granite 08067174310
Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by Elan83(m): 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
I been tnk sey tips wey una dey tlk na smal money, i come rush mek i write applcation!
Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
mercylicious:
grin
This is my first topic on properties section. I want us to contribute on tips to reduce your building cost. I will start with mine.
1. Do your soakaway when you are doing your foundation. Use sand from soakaway to cover the foundation. You can then buy sand to fill up the foundation if you need more sand , then do ur german floor. This will reduce the cost of sand to fill up your foundation.

2.If you are building on a rocky terain like me, sure, the cost is higher. But you can reduce the cost by using the rocks in your house. I dont kow how to explqin this but my ppl call it cracking the stones. Gather the big stones you got while digging ur foundation, call the ppl dt crack stones to crack it for you and use it to build your house. I still have left over from the stone i cracked on my site... Will be using it for the mqin building.

3.Do the roof carcass and ceiling together. if you do ur roof wood works, and later call pl again do he ceiling, the total cost will be higher.

4.For some ppl, the first thing they do in any land they intend to build is sinking borehole or.any oer water source.. The argument is dt since they will later sink borehole, why not sink it first so dt u will cut down on the cost of water during building.

Plz add more.

Kk!
Op this idea of urz is good,but are meant for those with lil budget....Don't bring such suggestions for those loaded with cash.
Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by idris4r83(m): 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2014
Currently in site I will update you guys later
Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by zub(m): 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2014
dellyjoe1000:
Get a Quantity Surveyor
Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by UnknownT: 1:07pm On Dec 07, 2014
By doin the ceiling with the roof carcass, do you mean the ceiling boards? Won't rain spoil the boards before you finally roof the building?
Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by Reference(m): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2014
Build vertical not horizontal. Its far cheaper. Multi-rise buildings instead of these repulsive shanties people call houses everywhere.
Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by deife(m): 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
chelseabmw:
I'm so interested grin
Touche smiley
Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by gistmelove(m): 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
Call 08085310359 for cheaper stone coated roofing tile in nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by talk2riel: 1:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
Engage service of professional engineer, it is far cheaper in the long term than patronizing quacks.
Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by zanga420: 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
lekjons:
seriously, u got me laughing loud
Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
vanbonattel:

how this set of bad advise made front page is regrettable
when pig farmers start giving advice on cost cutting in Nigeria of building collapse, be careful
filling foundation with soakaway soil will leave the soakaway open and workers can fall inside from up and die. Work hazards
cracking huge rocks to build yyour own home? are you so poor that you cannot buy common stones and yet you want to build house.
This is a set of wrong advice.

Do you know how much a trip of sand or stone cost? Even if you dont dig ur soakaway to use the sand, u will still dig it later , waste the sand and still use labour to evacuate the sand.

Read no 2 again. it is for rocky terrains.
If you are building in lekki, there are no rocks there and as such the advise is not for you. The water is also salty so, no need digging ur water.

For ppl asking of no 3. i meant the ceiling wood works .

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by TheMasterpiece(m): 2:45pm On Dec 07, 2014
mercylicious:
grin
This is my first topic on properties section. I want us to contribute on tips to reduce your building cost. I will start with mine.
1. Do your soakaway when you are doing your foundation. Use sand from soakaway to cover the foundation. You can then buy sand to fill up the foundation if you need more sand , then do ur german floor. This will reduce the cost of sand to fill up your foundation.

2.If you are building on a rocky terain like me, sure, the cost is higher. But you can reduce the cost by using the rocks in your house. I dont kow how to explqin this but my ppl call it cracking the stones. Gather the big stones you got while digging ur foundation, call the ppl dt crack stones to crack it for you and use it to build your house. I still have left over from the stone i cracked on my site... Will be using it for the mqin building.

3.Do the roof carcass and ceiling together. if you do ur roof wood works, and later call pl again do he ceiling, the total cost will be higher.

4.For some ppl, the first thing they do in any land they intend to build is sinking borehole or.any oer water source.. The argument is dt since they will later sink borehole, why not sink it first so dt u will cut down on the cost of water during building.

Plz add more.

Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 07, 2014
Do You need a reliable roofing contractor? Look no further!
Let Bulo Somto LTD roofers take care of your needs. We are experts in all roofing materials.
We can do the work in Asaba, Lagos,Port Harcourt, Abuja, Onitsha, Nnewi and many parts of Nigeria.
Call us at 08033371614. Your satisfaction is guaranteed or your money back.
Re: Tips To Reduce Building Costs by ghetto101(m): 3:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
[/color][color=#770077][color=#000000][/color]
mercylicious:
grin

Plz add more.

plz i will need more of ur advice,let me knw how i can contact you when i'm ready-

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Fire Burnt Down My Mother's Shop And All My Family's School Certificates" - Man / BEST QUALIT EXTERNAL WALL TILES FOR SPECIAL DEMAND / Four Vital Documents To Prove Land Ownership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.