Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Am I Wrong? Arrogant? Proud? Or Ignorant? :your Oppinion Needed!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Wrong? Arrogant? Proud? Or Ignorant? :your Oppinion Needed!!! (610 Views)

Help And Oppinion!! Is This Artheism? / This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) / Will You Be Proud Or Embarrased When You Are Shown What You Did In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Wrong? Arrogant? Proud? Or Ignorant? :your Oppinion Needed!!! by bingbagbo(m): 12:18pm On Dec 07, 2014
having been absent from church for 3 consecutive weeks, i decided to attend church today.
very early i was in this 'new' church.
my first time being there.
After the usual prayers, praises, worship and offering, it was time for 'sermon'.
From the moment the pastor grabbed the mic, all he preached was " PASTOR'S APPRECIATION DAY''.
implying basically that it was a day set aside to give to the pastor.
Inasmuch as i am not against the principle of giving generally, i found it out of place for a man of God to dedicate an entire sermon time to "his appreciation''. HAVE WE FINISHED PROPAGATING THE WORD?....So i left in the course of his 'pastor appreciation sermon'.
HAve i sinned?
have i blasphemed?
am i too proud or arrogant?
or maybe ignorant?
your opinion please

REVELATION 1:6

" And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

SO if we have all been made priests, why must i show appreciation to my colleague priest? is it not God i must show appreciation too??
Re: Am I Wrong? Arrogant? Proud? Or Ignorant? :your Oppinion Needed!!! by eistien(m): 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
Is it like dec 1st=world AIDS day or na only I'm church dey observe dat day
Re: Am I Wrong? Arrogant? Proud? Or Ignorant? :your Oppinion Needed!!! by bingbagbo(m): 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
eistien:
Is it like dec 1st=world AIDS day or na only I'm church dey observe dat day

Re: Am I Wrong? Arrogant? Proud? Or Ignorant? :your Oppinion Needed!!! by ATMC(f): 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
bingbagbo went to church
@topic If the man wants appreciation from his members, spare him that, we all do atimes.
Moreover, u r just a first timer, u never know if he has finished his 'word' and will be leaving the earth soon and since there is likely to be no reward for him there, he might as well get as much here.
#giggles
Re: Am I Wrong? Arrogant? Proud? Or Ignorant? :your Oppinion Needed!!! by bingbagbo(m): 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
ATMC:
bingbagbo went to church
@topic If the man wants appreciation from his members, spare him that, we all do atimes.
Moreover, u r just a first timer, u never know if he has finished his 'word' and will be leaving the earth soon and since there is likely to be no reward for him there, he might as well get as much here.
#giggles

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Virus: Catholic Church Reverses Orders On Holy Communion, Handshakes / What If Rapture Has Already Taken Place? / Mighty Jesus Is Our Defender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.