Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,737 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography (22905 Views)

Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography / Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography / I Used To Take Briefcases Full Of Money To Obasanjo From Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by rabimlomo: 6:09pm On Dec 07, 2014
This will only make the book more popular
Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by kelot(f): 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
Alphaoscar:
Nigerian judiciary at times aid corruption with their senseless rulings at times.
Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
chemali:

A man of over 80 years and his biography is centred around a drug peddler? Bros, you are the kid. Has the judge read the book? Did the accuser have a copy of the book? This is basing a judgment on hearsay and it can't stand. The judge can stop further sale of the book, not publishing a book whose content he does not know.

Stop yarning trash about things you do not know anything about . I made my assertion based on firsthand knowledge about the contents of the book . The book ( unapproved ) was made available to all that matters even the judge sighted it too and this is the reason for his pronounced judgment .

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2014
DonKool1:

Big Brother,
1. The write up never said the book centered on Kasamu, it alleged that it centered on OBJ's open letter to GEJ in which he also mentioned that that Kashamu was a wanted fugitive (everybody knows this by now, if not by reports in newspapers then by his awesome wealth with which he donated a building (office abi na party hq??) to PDP). If na lie, make e fly go US come back.
2. A sensible court would have heard OBJ's side and asked for evidence that the book actually contained falsehood about him.
3. A just court under a learned and unbiased Judge would have restricted OBJ from repeating his assertions about Kasamu from the open letter in the book until the other case is resolved. That way, OBJ can still publish his book without any references to the drug lord. That would have been justice to all concerned.
4. A wise judge would have given notice to the publisher, editor.... to refrain from libelous accusations against Kasamu and left them to take the law into their hands, if they dare.
5. A big bros like yourself should know better than to jump to conclusions based on a one sided argument about about the contents of a book that you haven't seen, isn't printed and haven't heard from the writer.

I don't think i'll ever read the book but i HATE it when justice is perverted no matter how inconsequential it might seem and passed off as justice for all.

Signed,
Donkool
for and on behalf of the little kids on this forum.

I made my assertion based on firsthand knowledge about the contents of the book . The book ( unapproved ) was made available to all that matters even the judge sighted it too and this is the reason for his pronounced judgment .

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by openmine(m): 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
Empero1:

Obviously , majority of the members in this forum are little kids , citing most of the comments above me in this thread under discussion . For crying out loud , the judgment passed by the judge is perfectly in order . Here we are talking about a book it''s contents is centered on maligning someone else character without substantial/legal proof to the accusations against the accused . Perhaps most of you do not know how dangerous blackmail/character assassination could be . Should OBJ be allowed to published the said book that centered on Kashamu , he would have succeed in lending credence to the accusation against Kashamu and that would automatically destroys Kashamu reputation for life . Most of you do not know how powerful words written in ink are .
Thumbs up!!!
Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by ultraGM: 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
Pls Blog the book page by page we will follow and read them all.

Perhaps we will get to know the secret behind NIPP that has not been completed even though wikipedia say some (70%) must have been completed by now
Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by ultraGM: 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
Empero1:

I made my assertion based on firsthand knowledge about the contents of the book . The book ( unapproved ) was made available to all that matters even the judge sighted it too and this is the reason for his pronounced judgment .

Well any part '' content is centered on maligning someone else character" then such part should be remove from the book before publication and that settled the case
Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by tayork(m): 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
The 3 arms of Nigerian Government are----(1)The ExecuTHIEVES. (2)LegislaTHIEVES. (3)JudiSHARING.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by amolex(m): 7:09pm On Dec 07, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Obj where is our $16b

Thief= Liar

And some blank head SW youths believe a thief like Obj

No wonder SW is full of mud houses
I don't kwn where u come from but I kwn one thing for sure u are a bastard for insulting YORUBA land
Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
Buruji Kashamu is not just the person here, I suspect our oga at the top is trying to prevent Obasanjo from exposing him in his new book. We are being carried back to the 1960's when the Tafawa-Balewa government banned books from communist countries.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by IYANGBALI: 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
Alphaoscar:
Nigerian judiciary at times aid corruption with their senseless rulings at times.
10 billion likes and 100 kisses
Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by dagbokoncept(m): 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2014
I no wan hear say dem kill person o. Mke e dey for court level o.
Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by BlackTechnology: 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
amolex:

I don't kwn where u come from but I kwn one thing for sure u are a bastard for insulting YORUBA land

As long as your youths praise thieves like obj , mud houses wouldn't disappear from the SW

Its not an insult but fact of life

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2014
Alphaoscar:

Ignorance rather is one of our major problems.
The matter is sub-judice mr man.
Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by neighbourhud: 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
I feel you joor! cool
ebosse:
Since they dey try hide the truth from us ,theres a simple solution to all this .

When Record labels keep pushing an artiste album release date back what does he do? He simply "leak it on the internet"

OBJ get enuff money he shouldn't care about sales... He can just use one of his boys to carry out the "leak" through PDF n ePubs.

If asked he should simply say "it wasn't me" in shaggy's voice.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by cutecanson(m): 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
dis old man is blazin hot in d news oi....kai baba anoda castin book ba...we re waitin to read it
Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
Empero1:

Obviously , majority of the members in this forum are little kids , citing most of the comments above me in this thread under discussion . For crying out loud , the judgment passed by the judge is perfectly in order . Here we are talking about a book it''s contents is centered on maligning someone else character without substantial/legal proof to the accusations against the accused . Perhaps most of you do not know how dangerous blackmail/character assassination could be . Should OBJ be allowed to published the said book that centered on Kashamu , he would have succeed in lending credence to the accusation against Kashamu and that would automatically destroys Kashamu reputation for life . Most of you do not know how powerful words written in ink are .

Pls educate these kids or better still jambites.

Its obvious that majority of those against the order from the judge knows nothing about the position of the law but they ignorantly thought it was the making of the judge.

The plaintiff has a matter in court against obj in respect to some things obj has said in the past about him which are also part of the things in objs book so it is wrong to publish such when the matter is still in court, it is a standard universal legal principle.

Its really rediculous when people comment on issues way beyond their knowledge and exhibit crass ignorance without qualms thinking they have said something reasonable.

Obj can only publish a book that has no contested issues in that book in court and if there are issues from that book that is before the court then he has to wait untill the issue in dispute before the court is decided upon then he can publish his book along with those content in it only if the courts ruling is in his favour, untill that happens all parties must maintain status quo pending the determination of the contextual dispute in court.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2014
They have just succeeded in publicizing the book
That book go sell weller when it is out
Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by ofala(m): 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
Who is afraid of Baba's blunt exposure? Fashamu? Same regional "leader" of a political party and same "wanted" guy who should be in US answering some questions?

On a more serious note, if he/or they have NOTHING to hide, why this? And would our Judiciary be used to cover up evils?
Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by chemali: 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
Empero1:

Stop yarning trash about things you do not know anything about . I made my assertion based on firsthand knowledge about the contents of the book . The book ( unapproved ) was made available to all that matters even the judge sighted it too and this is the reason for his pronounced judgment .

Liar!!!
Re: Court Stops Obasanjo From Publishing Autobiography by amolex(m): 10:32am On Dec 08, 2014
BlackTechnology:

As long as your youths praise thieves like obj , mud houses wouldn't disappear from the SW

Its not an insult but fact of life
Are u telling me u don't ve mud houses in your side if u ve problem with one person learn to address it without generalizing or bringing in sentiments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Dapchi In Yobe, Burns Houses / Buhari Hits Back At Transparency International / Cabinet List: Muslim Leaders Storm Lagos Assembly Over Sanwo-Olu’s Lopsidedness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.