Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,954 members, 7,799,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. (10946 Views)

Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin, Frank Edwards Arrive Lagos For "The Experience" / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Pics From The Experience 2014 At TBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by TheRealMrStan(m): 6:19pm On Dec 07, 2014
On Friday the 5th of December 2014 would not be forgotten in a hurry as the 9th edition of The Experience Lagos took place at the Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS). The event witnessed over 600,000 men, women and children who came en masse for what has come to be regarded the largest music concert in Africa and arguably the largest gospel music concert in the world!

Long before the event began, the publicity for the event had taken various forms of expression, little wonder the theme for the 2014 edition: 1 God 1 Voice was well circulated online and offline in the weeks leading up to the event.

Disclosing one of the reasons for the theme, the convener of The Experience Lagos and Founder of the House on The Rock church, Pastor Paul Adefarasin had stated that the land of Nigeria is crying for justice and peace coupled especially as the 2015 election is around the corner. He added that the event will serve as a time where people all over the globe will cry out one true God with one voice in petition.

The Lagos Metropolitan Gospel Community Choir opened the event alongside Sammie Okposo, and thereafter came ministrations from Freke Umoh, Onos Ariyo and Midnight Crew. There were also moments of prayers for Nigeria, the nation’s economy and other state matters led by several Christian leaders such as Pastor Taiwo Odukoya of the Fountain of Life Church, Rev Sam Adeyemi of the Daystar Christian Centre, Bishops Mike and Peace Okonkwo of the TREM church, amongst others intermittently.

One remarkable moment of the Experience 2014 was Nathaniel Bassey. Micah Stampley surprised the delighted audience when he joined the trumpet playing artiste on stage for a rendition of his popular song, Imela. Not long after, Grammy award winning singer, Donnie McClurkin joined the duo into what became an awesome trio as the Americans belted out Imela like it was sang in their native language.

Notable figures who attended the Experience 2014 included Jimi Agbaje, The First Lady of Lagos state, Dame Abimbola Fashola, fmr. Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani Kayode, Lady Maiden Ibru , various bank MDs and more.
http://ynaija.com/0ver-600000-people-attend-the-experience-in-lagos-photos/

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by RaeMystix: 6:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
Why is this on Front page? angry angry
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by chxe: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
nice
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by 12month: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
Hmm na wa 4 frontpage
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by Ymodulus: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
Did they collect tithe and offerings?

Can't Imagine how much they will make. Church is a good business.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by Samiceman: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
Type
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by bafa4success(m): 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
Kk @op
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by constance500: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by tayork(m): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
[right][/right][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]I wish I was there but I couldn't...well God knows best lipsrsealed cry
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by kaima1984(f): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
What is this?Nairaland is fading lately
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by geochris2(m): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
What are we talking!
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by henchamb(m): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
600, 000 people for which venue biko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by Dugul: 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
May be she's special
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by Janiobi(m): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ok. F.P things
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
ha
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by makazona(m): 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
woow.thats good
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by olu4life(m): 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ymodulus:
Did they collect tithe and offerings?

Can't Imagine how much they will make. Church is a good business.
No offering right from the first edition

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by Ymodulus: 6:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
olu4life:

No offering right from the first edition

How is the event been sponsored??
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by OCTAVO: 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by admiral007: 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
Quick FPT
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by Janiobi(m): 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
Testimony Time: I was blocked last week bt Now I am free. Praise d Lord my fellow nairalanders who as been blocked b4
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
smiley
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by olu4life(m): 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ymodulus:

How is the event been sponsored??
A lot of churches and organizations sponsors it too. Like redeem,TREM,Daystar,PFN, etc and also financial firms like GTB, Fidelity bank and others.
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by kenbee(f): 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
Nigerian s and unimaginable/unrealistic figures
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by Ymodulus: 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
olu4life:

A lot of churches and organizations sponsors it too. Like redeem,TREM,PFN, and also financial firms like GTB, Fidelity bank and others.

Now I see why Gtbank charged be #650 for SMS Charge last week. They used my money to sponsor Experience.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by psychologist(m): 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
9c one
so many saddist above me
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by nora544: 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
I didnot see 600 000 people

It looks that 6000 people are there.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
NIGERIANS AND PLASTIC CHAIRS
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by Godisnear(m): 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
The Experience, okay .
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by ifex370(m): 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
I'm very sure I saw a similar thread here on frontage yesterday . what is wrong with Nairaland sef...its now getting annoying.. the fun of FP is no more... this once great forum is the decline...

Seun your forum is being destroyed under your very nose... I haf spoken angry
Re: PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. by zangiff(m): 6:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
God is good....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 / War Between Son Of Lucifer And Unibenstudent(yahwehs Boy) / Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.