Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do (1534 Views)

My boyfriend Says He Has "PLAN B" Is he cheating? / Don't Know What To Do / Please Help...girls Are All Over Me.. Don't Know What To Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by gbingafa(f): 7:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
Hi everyone,

I suspect my BF of cheating on me because in the past 6 months some things happened that make me thing so embarassed :

1. we are in a long distance relationship (could give you the background but it would be too long). It was OK for almost 4 of the 5 years we spent together. We would see each other every other week and have a good time. Our main issue: our unmatched libidos.
We had a fight about that, once again, in may and i was so mad that i went too far and told him that i couldn't take it anymore. That maybe trying to conceive in these conditions wasn't a good idea after all; also told him that anyway i couldn't have a child with someone who doesn't want to marry me… Don't remember all the details but it ended with me basically telling him that we needed a break.
after that, he never came to see me again in…six month.
I knew i hurt him so i decided to apologize and do my best to make it up to him. I was the one traveling every time to see him. I did that with no problem for like 3 months and then i started to think he was taking it too far.

2.Then i had an anonymous call and a voice mail one sunday, from a woman calling me with my nickname (only known by my family and my BF). This woman was asking me if he was with me and if she could talk to me.
When asked, he told me it was is youngest sister, that he gave her his old cell phone last time he visited them in ivory coast. I know this is a lie cause he never introduced me to his sisters and we never talk or interact.

3. In september, he went MIA for 2 weeks. We use to call each other every day, at least once but during that time he would never take is phone when i called. He would call me back hours later for 1mn and hang up. He asked me multiple times to text him instead. The few times we talked on the phone, the line was so bad, like when you call in africa ! At some point, i heard very distinctly the sea in the background when he was supposed to be in Paris ! I confronted him about it. He basically told me he had enough of my criticism and suspicions and that if i was so miserable with him i should find a better fit shocked

4. The cherry on the cake is that he told me few weeks ago that he would not be there for christmas nor near years eve (we used to spend them together). He said he had to go to ivory coast for traditional ceremonies. I know they suffered some losses in their family this year but this ceremonie's timing comes very conveniently !

So here i am, feeling in my guts that he's cheating but with no decisive evidence of it. I don't know what to do…Do i pretend to be blind like my sisters and african friends tell me to, or do i track him down in order to expose him like my french friends tell me ?
The only good point (not sure but let it be in the + side) is that although he say's is not ready to get married, he want us to have a child. We're both 35 and i have some fertility issues so it's about time for me…
We've been TTC since may and have seek an RE to help with the matter. He's totally cooperative and even took medical exams and whatever.

So i'm totally confused here. If he's in a relationship that is so important to him that he would:
- lie to me and travel to spend 2 weeks with her
- let me down and travel again to spend new years eve with her
- take the risk to make me so mad that we almost broke up
why does he then keep TTC with me ?
What could be his plan than ? If i get pregnant, he will not be able to keep it from her…
BTW i'm searching a job in Paris too. The first time i asked him what our living arrangement would then be he told we that "of course", we would move in together. Then again, let's say i find a job in a month, i'll be in Paris by march. If he tells me to take my own place, we're done and i think he knows it. If i move in, it will not be possible for him to keep dealing with this situation…
Again, what (sick) game is he playing ? What should i do ? Is it possible that i am really making all this up ?
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by chimerase2: 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
Abeg ur thing is too big undecided
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by BreezyRita(f): 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2014

Best thing is to try talking to him. Lay all these things out.
There might be good reasons for it. And it may not be what you're thinking.

P.S Me no be psychic. Mind reading is not my strong point.
Stop assuming the worst when there could be explanations.
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by ritababe(f): 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2014
too long na
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by nomabeeee(f): 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
Both of u re 35yrs old shocked
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
kudoxs:
Go and Die!
Seriously?
Because of a guy??
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by jdluv(f): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
undecided undecided men ar confusd beings. Wel sis if u nt comfortable dnt manage. A brkn engagent is beta dat brkn mariage. U no he's nt ready n u cant just pretend no 2 c it. Again i say dnt bear wat u wnt b able to bear til death do u part.
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by adepiero: 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2014
Well, your story is twisted and dicey so one cannot really judge the situation.

But one thing women do that really hurts us is their attitude of thinking for us! judging us without asking questions. and that is exactly what you are doing!

Fine, you have noticed several changes in your relationship and his attitude towards you. why not clear the air by asking him questions to know where you stand instead of living in the dark and making unfounded assumption.

Am not saying you might not be right but its better to ask but if you can't do that, just move on before you hurt yourself.
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by farano(f): 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2014
Dump him
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by chymystique(f): 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
gosh! In as much as I don't ve any probs reading epistles but this is damn too long and boring!! Wait oo did u say you both are 35? shocked... Hmmm, na wa oo..all these headache for one man whom its so obvious doesn't love you.. You both ve so many issues esp the libido difference.. Madam, I think its time for you to call it quits. Then try and sort out your fertlity issue alone.. You can still ve a baby through other means after your treatment. Am even wondering why you really want to ve this man's baby.. Unless you desperately wanna be his baby mama cause it seems even in the near future he won't be ready to marry you
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by nairamaverick(m): 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2014
summary
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by emperorchedda(m): 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2014
My dear just give him a kid, every relationship must not lead to marriage

He's faithful until he's been proven to be a cheat
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by major466(m): 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2014
Long distance relationships are difficult to maintain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
Leave him you don't want the same things, you want to marry, he does not want to marry.

Find a man who wants the same thing you want in a relationship I know you feel bad about the effort and investment you have put in but what's the fun in being with such a reluctant man. Feels heavy and sad to me.
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by gbingafa(f): 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
OK sorry all for the long post !
Yes we're both 35 and yes all this is childish, i agree.
i tried to talk to him, more than once. I asked him about his feelings for me and where he stands on our relationship.
He keeps saying i'm making stuff up, that he doesn't know what else to do or say to make me trust him. For him the simple fact that he is willing to TTC is the proof of his commitment.
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 07, 2014
Okay.. To start with, you're 35, dumping him now with the hope of finding another man to marry you isn't ideal. How long do you think its gonna take to meet a new guy, and know him enough to want to spend the rest of your life with him? Probably months or years.
And your time is counting.
According to you, he's not ready for marriage yet, but that doesn't mean he will never get married. Or did he say so too? I think he's just scared of the responsibilities that comes with building a family. Since he'd like for you to move in with him and bear him a child, I think if he's ever gonna get married, it'd be to you. You just have to help him overcome his fear of the word 'marriage' and do the needful.
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by Maamin(m): 10:43pm On Dec 07, 2014
chymystique:
gosh! In as much as I don't ve any probs reading epistles but this is damn too long and boring!! Wait oo did u say you both are 35? shocked... Hmmm, na wa oo..all these headache for one man whom its so obvious doesn't love you.. You both ve so many issues esp the libido difference.. Madam, I think its time for you to call it quits. Then try and sort out your fertlity issue alone.. You can still ve a baby through other means after your treatment. Am even wondering why you really want to ve this man's baby cause to me he is just a loser.. Unless you desperately wanna be his baby mama cause it seems even in the near future he won't be ready to marry you

You must be really intelligent from the rare..you just heard the story from one side and you already vomiting this rubbish angry

According to the OP does the guy sounds like a looser or a catch she cant loose since she is already in her 35?

@OP whatever it is you just need to talk things over with your man and try to be less defensive and be more objective and civil. Wish you all the best.
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by DonaldGenes(m): 11:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
nomabeeee:
Both of u re 35yrs old shocked
Lmao Dafuq
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by gbingafa(f): 11:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
MzPreshie:
Okay.. To start with, you're 35, dumping him now with the hope of finding another man to marry you isn't ideal. How long do you think its gonna take to meet a new guy, and know him enough to want to spend the rest of your life with him? Probably months or years.
And your time is counting.
According to you, he's not ready for marriage yet, but that doesn't mean he will never get married. Or did he say so too? I think he's just scared of the responsibilities that comes with building a family. Since he'd like for you to move in with him and bear him a child, I think if he's ever gonna get married, it'd be to you. You just have to help him overcome his fear of the word 'marriage' and do the needful.

That's exactly what i'm thinking right now. Most of the responders here seem to agree that i should dump him but then what ?
My fertility issues make things even more difficult since i have this condition that makes my ovaries age kicker. If i want a child, i have a year or so to do it, probably via IVF embarassed I'm kind of stuck here. I don't know how to deal with "the other girl". Pretending to be blind is difficult cause he's acting more and more like he's getting in to her but harassing him about it doesn't help cause he get's mad at me.
He said he want to get married eventually but that he's not ready yet.
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 08, 2014
gbingafa:

That's exactly what i'm thinking right now. Most of the responders here seem to agree that i should dump him but then what ?
My fertility issues make things even more difficult since i have this condition that makes my ovaries age kicker. If i want a child, i have a year or so to do it, probably via IVF embarassed I'm kind of stuck here. I don't know how to deal with "the other girl". Pretending to be blind is difficult cause he's acting more and more like he's getting in to her but harassing him about it doesn't help cause he get's mad at me.
How sure are you that there's another girl? Didn't I read here that he's having some family ish or did my mind make that up? There are many things that could be distracting him, not disputing it could be a girl though. But first be sure there's another girl, a real one. Not the one that lives in your imaginations.
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 08, 2014
You don't have to leave him if you don't want to but what if in the next one year you don't get a kid what happens then? You sound panicked, fearful,worried about the future, fact is future and the man are out of your control but you can control you. You mentioned a job somewhere please go for that.The other girl if she exists is not your problem or your business, your life is.

And you know the man does have a right to choose whoever he wants to marry even if its not you i know this sounds harsh but its the cold truth and sadly there is nothing you can do about it but great news! you can do something about your own life.

You ask why does he ttc with you he may be confused as well, he may be feeling sorry for you. The question is why are you ttcing with a man you are not sure of?
You ask what sick game is he playing? the question is why are you with a man who you feel is playing games with your emotions? the man is not playing any game he is living his life, you are not happy with what is on offer so why do you keep participating in this situation.

See the earlier you get out the quicker you find yourself when a man wants you, you can't be confused and yes trust your guts.
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by gbingafa(f): 10:13am On Dec 08, 2014
MzPreshie:
How sure are you that there's another girl? Didn't I read here that he's having some family ish or did my mind make that up? There are many things that could be distracting him, not disputing it could be a girl though. But first be sure there's another girl, a real one. Not the one that lives in your imaginations.

I'm not a 100% sure but:
- He started acting different with me like he doesn't really care anymore. For instance he used to be the one pushing for us to spend more and more time together. Now if i don't make the move, we can stay a whole month without seeing each other.
The way he talks to me changed too, now he's more abrupt.
- He went on vacation for two weeks without telling me
- I used to book last minute trips to see him. Now he gets mad when i do that. I need to tell him long before and wait for a "permission"
- when we're together he will lock himself up in the bedroom or in the bathroom to make calls...
I don't have any decisive evidence, so when i try to talk about it, i end up being the bad guy. But i just feel something's fishy
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by AJ01(m): 10:14am On Dec 08, 2014
gbingafa:
Hi everyone,

I suspect my BF of cheating on me because in the past 6 months some things happened that make me thing so embarassed :

1. we are in a long distance relationship (could give you the background but it would be too long). It was OK for almost 4 of the 5 years we spent together. We would see each other every other week and have a good time. Our main issue: our unmatched libidos.
We had a fight about that, once again, in may and i was so mad that i went too far and told him that i couldn't take it anymore. That maybe trying to conceive in these conditions wasn't a good idea after all; also told him that anyway i couldn't have a child with someone who doesn't want to marry me… Don't remember all the details but it ended with me basically telling him that we needed a break.
after that, he never came to see me again in…six month.
I knew i hurt him so i decided to apologize and do my best to make it up to him. I was the one traveling every time to see him. I did that with no problem for like 3 months and then i started to think he was taking it too far.

2.Then i had an anonymous call and a voice mail one sunday, from a woman calling me with my nickname (only known by my family and my BF). This woman was asking me if he was with me and if she could talk to me.
When asked, he told me it was is youngest sister, that he gave her his old cell phone last time he visited them in ivory coast. I know this is a lie cause he never introduced me to his sisters and we never talk or interact.

3. In september, he went MIA for 2 weeks. We use to call each other every day, at least once but during that time he would never take is phone when i called. He would call me back hours later for 1mn and hang up. He asked me multiple times to text him instead. The few times we talked on the phone, the line was so bad, like when you call in africa ! At some point, i heard very distinctly the sea in the background when he was supposed to be in Paris ! I confronted him about it. He basically told me he had enough of my criticism and suspicions and that if i was so miserable with him i should find a better fit shocked

4. The cherry on the cake is that he told me few weeks ago that he would not be there for christmas nor near years eve (we used to spend them together). He said he had to go to ivory coast for traditional ceremonies. I know they suffered some losses in their family this year but this ceremonie's timing comes very conveniently !

So here i am, feeling in my guts that he's cheating but with no decisive evidence of it. I don't know what to do…Do i pretend to be blind like my sisters and african friends tell me to, or do i track him down in order to expose him like my french friends tell me ?
The only good point (not sure but let it be in the + side) is that although he say's is not ready to get married, he want us to have a child. We're both 35 and i have some fertility issues so it's about time for me…
We've been TTC since may and have seek an RE to help with the matter. He's totally cooperative and even took medical exams and whatever.

So i'm totally confused here. If he's in a relationship that is so important to him that he would:
- lie to me and travel to spend 2 weeks with her
- let me down and travel again to spend new years eve with her
- take the risk to make me so mad that we almost broke up
why does he then keep TTC with me ?
What could be his plan than ? If i get pregnant, he will not be able to keep it from her…
BTW i'm searching a job in Paris too. The first time i asked him what our living arrangement would then be he told we that "of course", we would move in together. Then again, let's say i find a job in a month, i'll be in Paris by march. If he tells me to take my own place, we're done and i think he knows it. If i move in, it will not be possible for him to keep dealing with this situation…
Again, what (sick) game is he playing ? What should i do ? Is it possible that i am really making all this up ?
too long can't read
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 08, 2014
gbingafa:

I'm not a 100% sure but:
- He started acting different with me like he doesn't really care anymore. For instance he used to be the one pushing for us to spend more and more time together. Now if i don't make the move, we can stay a whole month without seeing each other.
The way he talks to me changed too, now he's more abrupt.
- He went on vacation for two weeks without telling me
- I used to book last minute trips to see him. Now he gets mad when i do that. I need to tell him long before and wait for a "permission"
- when we're together he will lock himself up in the bedroom or in the bathroom to make calls...
I don't have any decisive evidence, so when i try to talk about it, i end up being the bad guy. But i just feel something's fishy
Okay.. Now, these are some questionable changes. The only solution I can suggest now is that you have a heart to heart with him. Sometimes, before 'assuming', you should try this thing called 'asking'.
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by gbingafa(f): 11:17am On Dec 08, 2014
MzPreshie:
Okay.. Now, these are some questionable changes. The only solution I can suggest now is that you have a heart to heart with him. Sometimes, before 'assuming', you should try this thing called 'asking'.

Believe me i tried. He sends me mixed signals. say he loves me...then keep acting strange. I thought it was all because of me and what i told him about taking a break etc. I tried to suck it up and make it up to him but six months is a loooong time and i'm done.

I think i'll take a step back and see what happens. My focus needs to shift back to myself.
I'll go for the new job and try to have my bb. I want a child and don't have extra time to be picky or wait for prince charming.
After that, if he wants to stick around, fine. if he doesn't, we'll call it quits. I wanted the "perfect" family for my children but sometimes God just has another plan for you. So maybe my man is out there. A divorced or widower with some kids of his own that will treat me the way i deserve to be treated.
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2014
gbingafa:

Believe me i tried. He sends me mixed signals. say he loves me...then keep acting strange. I thought it was all because of me and what i told him about taking a break etc. I tried to suck it up and make it up to him but six months is a loooong time and i'm done.

I think i'll take a step back and see what happens. My focus needs to shift back to myself.
I'll go for the new job and try to have my bb. I want a child and don't have extra time to be picky or wait for prince charming.
After that, if he wants to stick around, fine. if he doesn't, we'll call it quits. I wanted the "perfect" family for my children but sometimes God just has another plan for you. So maybe my man is out there. A divorced or widower with some kids of his own that will treat me the way i deserve to be treated.
Okay dear. Best of luck.
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by hapiness44(f): 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2014
Move this to the family section dear,u really won't get the advice you seek here..
Re: He's Cheating On Me, Don't Know What To Do by Youngpo413: 6:58am On Dec 21, 2014
gbingafa:

this should explain everything to you...

(1) (Reply)

GIRLS BE LIKE.......GUYS BE LIKE...... / Relationship Status Of An Average Nigerian / Meet A Gay Vatican Priest (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.