Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? (2329 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 07, 2014
Hmmm... I was in the saloon minding my business when this juicy gist kept coming to my hearing... a lady was consoling a depressed friend that wont stop crying and I was forced to ask what the problem is.... That was when I was told that the crying lady's wedding has been canceled for the second time by her husband's family. They met while in d university, fell in love and b4 long the lady got pregnant. She told her man who begged her to plz keep d pregnancy coz he wants to marry her... she leaped with joy and joyously told her mum the good news who also was eager to see her grandchild. They chose a wedding date, and preparation began, only for the guy's family to say that the wedding will not hold because it's against their tradition to wed a pregnant lady so she has to deliver her child b4 the wedding will hold... *sigh* she was devastated but her man kept promising her that all will be well.... she moved in with her husband who lives in his father's house until d arrival of her child. She waited for the guy to come up with d wedding talk after giving birth but he seems to av forgotten about it.... they had a major misunderstanding during that time which made the lady go back to her father's house to continue her life.... the guy got married to another lady during their break (a court wedding) but things did not work out between them. He came back to d mother of his child pleading that he wants her back that d other lady bewitched him and all sorts of nonsense, he has gotten a good apartment and he wants her back in his life... the lady accepted him back, pleaded with her pple on his behalf and the wedding preparation began. it was scheduled for the 6th of december, the lady has invited guests from far and near, her father has paid for the venue, life band and even caterers have been contacted for the day only for the guy's family to come some few days to the wedding to announce that they ve to postpone it because the uncle of the groom is contesting for a governorship and the very 6th is the primaries... The groom said he cannot go against his people that she should bear with him! Do you think they re meant for each other
Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by afanide: 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2014
It's a matter of Choice.........
Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
What is the lady in question thinking to do?

I don't know what I would do if I were her but I know that my family, that normally does not butt into my private life, would declare the other family the third world war. This is the peak of disrespect.

I am sorry for the lady.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by nairamaverick(m): 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2014
shocked
Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by daveP(m): 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2014
Erm 1st of all....

1st of all(audience quietens down) il like to say this: the father went ahead to set venue date despite having contacts with the groom's dad ba? Why didnt governorship come up?

Or is the bride's father not communicating with groom's father abi is that one a taboo again?

Next: the guy talked of bewitchment, which means the pregnancy was bewitchment as well. Perhaps he told both ladies the "bewitchment tori"

sorry to say the lady is...

Smh- the earlier they stop thinking getting pregnancy defines fertilty in a marriage, the better. Even the bride's mother was happy. Lemme stop jare....

(wondering and pondering)

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 07, 2014
The lady is suffering low self esteem, does it mean without dat guy her life is over ? D guy is immature and his family is tossing him to and fro cos he is not a man and cannot stand his ground.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by jaybee3(m): 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
This is a classic case of a girl ignoring her happiness just so she can have the priviledge to be called a Mrs.

I know it's emotionally hard/challenging for women to have kids with different men and this single fact may have contributed to the reason why the lady is trading her happiness for the bull crap continously being meted out to her.

Fact of the matter is, a dangerous precedent has now being set meaning plans and agreements are always going to be inconsequential going forward in their relationship. You just don't make the potential happiest day of your woman's life arguably the saddest day by being indecisive and arrogantly inconsiderate.

The date for the primaries was set and published long time ago so they should have known not to agree to the date when it was being set. This is just yet another excuse from someone who isn't really bothered about the emotional effect on his long suffering fiance.

A cancelled wedding is better than a failed marriage

6 Likes

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
lofty900:
The lady is suffering low self esteem, does it mean without dat guy her life is over ? D guy is immature and his family is tossing him to and fro cos he is not a man and cannot stand his ground.
I Love This post!!! The guy is too WEAK to be called a man undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 07, 2014
Adufetohposh:
I Love This post!!! The guy is too WEAK to be called a man undecided
gbam. No real man allows his family to dictate what happens in his life only weaklings do

1 Like

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by bennyrazz: 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
one thing about love is that, it always find a way. If the guy really wants to marry the girl, he would. Primaries timetable were released by political parties right after inec fixed dates for general elections. So when they were fixing the date of the wedding for 6th of December, the guy should have said a no that they have to be at their uncle's primary elections. The guys family is the problem and this problem of family over interference will not stop even if they marry each other. In Nigeria, some people believe that marriage is between two families not two people and that mentality is very wrong. I don't think the groom's family wants their son to marry the girl and I think the girl should move on.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by Femsyn(m): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
You don't have a man yet, what you have is a boy... a little boy! That's if the reasons are genuine; Otherwise, you have a completely different problem to deal with.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by Ochiban: 3:01am On Dec 08, 2014
nonsense! the guy will soon dump...just wait. He is so swayed to the wishes of his people, to his own and fiancee's detriment. I f she marries him, i feel sorry for the life she will have with this mummy's boy. indecisiveness my foot! just a little boy parading in adult's trousers

1 Like

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by AfricanApple(f): 9:14am On Dec 08, 2014
what kind of a boy is that that calls himself a man. he cannot go against his people? who doesn't care about the feeling others? this is stupidity on both the guy himself and the woman's family. a wedding is cancelled twice, no action? mtcheeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by LordReed(m): 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2014
All these boys masquerading as men. What has uncle's political primaries got to do with your wedding? The guy probably doesn't want the babe. She should hold her peace and look after her baby the guy is a baby himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by jaybee3(m): 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
@chaircover
@madamcc
Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by breathless(m): 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
That guy has no iota of respect for the girl or her family. It's like she's forcing herself on the guy and his family.
A guy who is part of a wedding postponement twice and marries in between is a potential runaway husband and irresponsible father.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
jaybee3:
@chaircover
@madamcc

tongue tongue tongue

Youve said it all o!
The family dont respect her or her family
and the guy is feeding on that disrespect as well
We dont even know that what caused the misunderstanding in the first instance has been resolved
This is someone who went and married someone else inbetween
its not by force to get married to a man that doesnt know what he is doing, baby or no baby.
She had better tie her wrapper tight and face her pikin
bad inlaws are as bad as a bad spouse and its doubly worse that the boy is not man enough to make a stand and is being pulled around like a puppet by his family.

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by mgbeketoto: 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2014
Fool me once. . . shame on you!
Fool me twice. . . .?

Yeye woman!
Serves her azzzzzze right! kiss
A fool in 'love' is always the most pathetic fool! kiss

Make she 'DIE' dia! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3x5DOU4GVI
Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by dre11(m): 1:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
The lady need to seat herself down and ask

What do I want in a relationship?
What kind of man do I attract?
What have I learnt from this past mistake?
Am I ready to move on?

Because the guy in question is still stick to the apron of his family and they make decisions for him.
So it's better she has to face the disappointment now than latter when she is old and struck with the guy.
A broken relationship is far better than a broken home.

She can never have a home with that guy because he would be tossed here and there.
Let her pick her life.. ....look good and take care of the son/daughter that's the relationship brought.

She should never have this mind that without that guy she can't find a companion

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
If this guy was serious at all about this woman he wouldn't have made her his second option after it didnt work out with the first wife.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by 100Cents: 9:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
Yes, they are meant for each other.

They already have a child.

That is stu.paid.
Re: What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? by Youngpo413: 11:48am On Jul 02, 2015
Adufetohposh:
Hmmm... I was in the saloon minding my business when this juicy gist kept coming to my hearing... a lady was consoling a depressed friend that wont stop crying and I was forced to ask what the problem is.... That was when I was told that the crying lady's wedding has been canceled for the second time by her husband's family. They met while in d university, fell in love and b4 long the lady got pregnant. She told her man who begged her to plz keep d pregnancy coz he wants to marry her... she leaped with joy and joyously told her mum the good news who also was eager to see her grandchild. They chose a wedding date, and preparation began, only for the guy's family to say that the wedding will not hold because it's against their tradition to wed a pregnant lady so she has to deliver her child b4 the wedding will hold... *sigh* she was devastated but her man kept promising her that all will be well.... she moved in with her husband who lives in his father's house until d arrival of her child. She waited for the guy to come up with d wedding talk after giving birth but he seems to av forgotten about it.... they had a major misunderstanding during that time which made the lady go back to her father's house to continue her life.... the guy got married to another lady during their break (a court wedding) but things did not work out between them. He came back to d mother of his child pleading that he wants her back that d other lady bewitched him and all sorts of nonsense, he has gotten a good apartment and he wants her back in his life... the lady accepted him back, pleaded with her pple on his behalf and the wedding preparation began. it was scheduled for the 6th of december, the lady has invited guests from far and near, her father has paid for the venue, life band and even caterers have been contacted for the day only for the guy's family to come some few days to the wedding to announce that they ve to postpone it because the uncle of the groom is contesting for a governorship and the very 6th is the primaries... The groom said he cannot go against his people that she should bear with him! Do you think they re meant for each other

cc: lalasticlala
yes.

(1) (Reply)