Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Please How Best To Fly With A Personal Laptop? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please How Best To Fly With A Personal Laptop? (1111 Views)

Air Peace To Fly Directly To China / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / How To Fly With A Small Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Best To Fly With A Personal Laptop? by evantical: 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
Please frequent flyers in the house.I will be traveling soon and will like to go with my laptop. I need to know if there are any security issues of going with it, both in local and international flights.I heard that it is not good to put it in your checked baggage but rather in one's carry-on bags.I read somewhere that some metal detector might even wipe out some data in one's laptop unless one demands for a physical check.Dont know how true.
Re: Please How Best To Fly With A Personal Laptop? by kilokeys(m): 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2014
i hope u know..

1. most softwares on ur lappy are counterfeits except of course u got that MS office for 20k or higher,
the Autocad for 250k or less
and the other softwares.

u have to be sure u have legal license keys to all softwares on ur system except free ones of course
Re: Please How Best To Fly With A Personal Laptop? by Naijamentality: 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
kilokeys:
i hope u know..

1. most softwares on ur lappy are counterfeits except of course u got that MS office for 20k or higher,
and the other softwares.

u have to be sure u have legal license keys to all softwares on ur system except free ones of course

WTF is this nonsense?

OP, I highly recommend you put your laptop in your carry-on, or better yet carry it in a separate laptop bag. I wouldn't put any valuable electronics in your main luggage as the chances of those items going missing will increase.

The last time I flew, I had 2 laptops, one in my carry-on and one in my laptop bag, I also had 2 smartphones on me. All these items went thought airport x-ray machines without losing any data or incurring any damages.
Re: Please How Best To Fly With A Personal Laptop? by ManTiger(m): 1:54am On Dec 08, 2014
kilokeys:
i hope u know..

and the other softwares.

i suggest you stop smoking rat poo.
Re: Please How Best To Fly With A Personal Laptop? by evantical: 7:29am On Dec 08, 2014
@ Naijamentality thanks

(1) (Reply)

When A Molue Conductor Made A Mistake At A Bus Stop / See What Happened To My Uncle / Nigerians In Manchester Need Your Advice Please! !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.