Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,967 members, 7,806,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? (11835 Views)

He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / Pls Can A 2.2 Graduate Apply For Masters Directly Without Pgd / Can Two Gce Result Be Accepted For University Admission? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by mitshell: 10:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
Can a 2.2 graduate of English be accepted for Masters
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by olamibobo(m): 10:18pm On Dec 07, 2014
Yes
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by DMainMan: 11:07pm On Dec 07, 2014
mitshell:

With 2.2, u can do MSc directly in any course and school in Nigeria.

In fact, with third class in some courses of top Nigeria schools, u can do MSc directly.

In Unilag, with third class, u can do directly MSc Cell biology, MSc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management, Master of Environmental Management, MIT, MSc Parasitology, MILR, to mention just a few.

If not d situation of d country, 2.2 is a gud grade.

DMainMan has spoken

3 Likes

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by corisande: 2:37am On Dec 08, 2014
if your gpa is above 3.0

most schools have raised their standard
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by starlingbawa(m): 5:25am On Dec 08, 2014
corisande:
if your gpa is above 3.0

most schools have raised their standard

Your GPA doesn't necessarily have to be above 3.0 as a 2.2 graduate before one can study for a masters degree.

At least I know this fact.

1 Like

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by ITbomb(m): 7:25am On Dec 08, 2014
To the best of my knowledge you can only do Masters with a 2.2 IN the school you had first degree and sometimes in the same course.
It will be very hard to get admission in another school with a 2.2
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by Danny4show(m): 7:25am On Dec 08, 2014
sometimes it do me as if 2.5 and 3.4 are still lower..dt is serious
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by dre11(m): 7:28am On Dec 08, 2014
U can apply for a master degree in any school

But it will be preferable IF u choose the school you did graduate from

What u have to get yourselves concerned with is the test and interviews u will have before u are admitted
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by corisande: 7:53am On Dec 08, 2014
starlingbawa:

Your GPA doesn't necessarily have to be above 3.0 as a 2.2 graduate before one can study for a masters degree.

At least I know this fact.

Alright
I'm talking because I'm informed and updated
Go check it
most top schools in nigeria
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by OmichaelO: 8:55am On Dec 08, 2014
ITbomb:
To the best of my knowledge you can only do Masters with a 2.2 IN the school you had first degree and sometimes in the same course.
That's not correct sir, it doesn't necessarily have to be the school you had your first degree in!

3 Likes

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by Mcbussy(m): 8:57am On Dec 08, 2014
ITbomb:

Big lie!!! shocked ....I had 2.2 in a state university and I was admitted for masters in UI which is even federal.

2.2 is the basic requirement for most departments. Its only competition that gives people with higher cgpa a slight advantage. the strength of ur cgpa is usually correlated with ur entrance performance to determine ur chances based on competition in d department.

These days, cgpa and entrance score is usually correlated because more and more graduates now have means of graduating with 2.1 that they don't deserve.

8 Likes

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by ITbomb(m): 9:20am On Dec 08, 2014
Mcbussy:

Big lie!!! shocked ....I had 2.2 in a state university and I was admitted for masters in UI which is even federal.

2.2 is the basic requirement for most departments. Its only competition that gives people with higher cgpa a slight advantage. the strength of ur cgpa is usually correlated with ur entrance performance to determine ur chances based on competition in d department.

These days, cgpa and entrance score is usually correlated because more and more graduates now have means of graduating with 2.1 that they don't deserve.
Really?

I don learn but I think we had different experiences

OmichaelO:
That's not correct sir, it doesn't necessarily have to be the school you had your first degree in!
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
In uniport yes but your CGPA must be from 3.0........all d best
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by YBNSCEO(m): 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2014
mitshell:
2.2 oh yes but na ur money go talk
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2014
xule20:
In uniport yes but your CGPA must be from 3.0........all d best
Very true.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by Tinieee(f): 10:46pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mcbussy:

2.7 nnko?....in UI

1 Like

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by Mcbussy(m): 3:19am On May 11, 2019
Tinieee:

2.7 nnko?....in UI

Just try, and do well in your entrance exam.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by Teeteelayor90: 2:41pm On Feb 24, 2020
What of 2.7 in unilag,for environmental management
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Be Accepted For Masters?? by ThinkSmarter: 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2022
Teeteelayor90:
What of 2.7 in unilag,for environmental management
2.2 =2nd class lower [2.5 to 3.49 cgpa ]
2.1=2nd class upper [3.5 to 4.49 cgpa]
1st class =4.5 to 5.0 cgpa

(1) (Reply)

Absu Releases Its Admission Merit List / How to check your admission before your school post it... / Message To Native Doctors And Ritualists- The Science Of Jazz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.