Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke (3097 Views)

Ronaldo, Messi Or Neuer: Ballon D'or Who Wins It Today? Cast Your Vote / Comparing Manuel Neuer Vs David De Gea Vs Thibaut Courtois / Ballon D'or Nomination Date Announced 28th October, 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
dicksj93:
i repeat again...u r just biased....for u,a keeper shud never win d ballon d'or ....yea dats just ur reason for flooring neuer...so anybody real madrid buys is world class..huh?if neuer was available...u rili know how many clubs wil queue up for him?...dat dude is brilliant..in d world cup,in d league even wen he played for schalke..i assume he didnt have as much protection as u described hes got in bayern..wake up and see neuer..if hes there,he deserves and if he goes as far as winnin it,he deserves dat too
"The fact that Arjen Robben failed to make the top three was 'a shame'," declared Rummenigge, a two-time Ballon d'Or winner (1980, 1981).

“It’s barely possible to play better than he has in the last year and a half.”

The former German international was pleased with Neuer's inclusion in the final three though, stating: "I'm really delighted for Manuel. He put in some outstanding performances at the World Cup, and also in the Champions League and Bundesliga, and he’s won things.”

###

Imagine the reason for nominating Neuer. It is just another Canavaro scenario.
Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by ezekiel66: 11:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
LMAO, what's this, a troll post? How clueless can you be? It's really not that hard to find out why Neuer has been nominated. How old are you, 12?
Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by ezekiel66: 12:49am On Dec 13, 2014
edi287:
I swear Neuer is slowly starting to get overhyped. Don't get me wrong, he's a superb keeper and is fantastic as a "sweeper keeper", but this talk of him being the greatest keeper of all time really ticks me off

Besides, Courtois performances last season were as good as his(except for the WC i guess). He definitely was not the best player in bayern and German NT.
LOL. Just do a search for the howlers Courtois produced last season. Would make you think twice smiley Let me guess, you've never even seen Neuer play except for the world cup in more than perhaps 5 games - am I right?
Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by ezekiel66: 12:50am On Dec 13, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Who recognizes Castro ranking? FIFA. They were the official statisticians for the World Cup.

I said, when the Bayern Team is not performing, you see that Neuer is not as classy as he is made. The team does most of the work. People like Kroos and Schweinsteiger (when fit). Manuel Neuer is not the CR7/Messi of Bayern Munich.
Ah yes. 19 goals conceded in 35.5 games with Neuer last season. 10 goals conceded in 5.5 games with one of the backup keepers. Surely, the team does most of the work. Especially Schweinsteiger who has barely played all year, and Kroos of all people, what has he ever done for the defense? Troll post by a would-be pundit who has no clue what he's talking about.
Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2014
ezekiel66:

Ah yes. 19 goals conceded in 35.5 games with Neuer last season. 10 goals conceded in 5.5 games with one of the backup keepers. Surely, the team does most of the work. Especially Schweinsteiger who has barely played all year, and Kroos of all people, what has he ever done for the defense? Troll post by a would-be pundit who has no clue what he's talking about.
Bayern Munich play a possessive game. Their style does not allow the opposing team have the ball to attack them.

It is not Manuel Neuer's saves that makes Bayern win games but the possessive style they play. Neuer has little or nothing to do with the possessive style of Bayern or Germany.

That is why I said others do the work.

Manchester City vs Bayern Munich in 2013, Bayern Had 66% possession. Schweinsteiger completed 73 passes in the 76 minutes he played. Passing accuracy, 94%. Passing accuracy in opposing half, 98%.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/24354473
Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2014
ezekiel66:

Kroos was very much a holding midfielder for Bayern last season, it isn't too far-fetched to consider Alaba playing in a midfielder trio alongside the defensive cover of Bastian Schweinsteiger and Lahm. 
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2132651-how-bayern-munich-plan-to-cope-without-toni-kroos-next-season
Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
ezekiel66:

Kroos is another professor. He has graduated from Xabi Alonso's university very quickly. He surprises me because he is never worried. If he is under pressure or not, his play is always the same.

I do not know his best position. He can always improve in the position he is playing, but at this moment it is not easy to see how. He plays the ball quickly, always the right pass, he does not give the ball away, he wins it back.......Coach Ancelotti.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2268590-why-toni-kroos-is-fast-becoming-a-key-cog-for-real-madrid
Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
ezekiel66:

Bayern Munich beat Augsburg today 4-0. Possession was 73%-27%. Shots was 26-6. So tell me how Neuer can be the star player of such a team?

1 Like

Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by dicksj93: 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

Bayern Munich beat Augsburg today 4-0. Possession was 73%-27%. Shots was 26-6. So tell me how Neuer can be the star player of such a team?
barca used to enjoy such stat yet we cud all still tel dat Valdez is one big flop...I ask u again....wasn't he very outstanding at schalke?
Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by edi287: 12:15am On Dec 14, 2014
ezekiel66:

LOL. Just do a search for the howlers Courtois produced last season. Would make you think twice smiley Let me guess, you've never even seen Neuer play except for the world cup in more than perhaps 5 games - am I right?
Watched Neuer back when he played for schalke...didn't rate him that highly.
No way is he the greatest keeper of all time.
I'd take buffon in his prime over him any day of the week.
Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 7:02am On Dec 14, 2014
dicksj93:
barca used to enjoy such stat yet we cud all still tel dat Valdez is one big flop...I ask u again....wasn't he very outstanding at schalke?
He was outstanding at Schalke. However, goals were put passed him. For instance, Schalke 6-1 aggregate loss to Manchester united.

No one will put Neuer in the World best 5 players when he was at Schalke. He is being rated now because of the way Bayern plays and reduces the pressure he is under.
Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 7:04am On Dec 14, 2014
edi287:

Watched Neuer back when he played for schalke...didn't rate him that highly.
No way is he the greatest keeper of all time.
I'd take buffon in his prime over him any day of the week.
I do not know of all time. However, in this era, Buffon is the greatest. I marvel when I watch him goal keep for Juventus until this day.
Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
Bayern Munich 2 - 0 Freiburg

shots on target :13 - 0
shots off target :17 - 1
possession (%) :76 - 24
corner kicks :10 - 1

December 16, 2014.

Is someone going to say Manuel Neuer was the star player in this game?
Re: Manuel Neuer's Ballon D'or Nomination Is A Joke by Djicemob: 9:30am On Dec 17, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Bayern Munich 2 - 0 Freiburg

shots on target :13 - 0
shots off target :17 - 1
possession (%) :76 - 24
corner kicks :10 - 1

December 16, 2014.

Is someone going to say Manuel Neuer was the star player in this game?
Nice one,you just made your point very clear to anyone who is sane enough to understand football.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Gunners (no Uninvited Guests Pls) / President Jonathan Rewards Okagbare / Who Is The All Time African Best Player Amongst These Four Football Legends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.