Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book (19450 Views)

You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari / MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read / Factoids From Obj's New Book From #mywatch By SR. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by Nobody: 3:18am On Dec 08, 2014
London (NDR) - It is no
longer news that former
President Olusegun
Obasanjo is going to release
his autobiography titled "My
Watch", on the 12th of
December, 2014 - a book
published by Farafina.
What is news is the political
tsunami the content of this
book might cause in the
already charged political
atmosphere of Nigeria and
beyond.

Obasanjo and President
Goodluck Jonathan are not
having the best of time and
this book may deteriorate
the already frosty
relationship between the
two. Recall that Obasanjo
had late last year wrote a
letter to Jonathan in which
he responded with a reply.
In his new book, Obasanjo
took a swipe on Jonathan,
Patience Jonathan, Atiku
Abubakar, Umaru Musa
Yara Adua and Tony Anenih
amongst others.

In a rare privilege, NewsDay
Reporters was allowed to go
through this book before its
eventual release next week
and below are the Eleven
(11) shocking things from
the book:

1. Obasanjo called Jonathan
a failed leader, citing his
"failed" economic policies
and Boko Haram as
examples.

2. He accused Jonathan of
listening to few Ijaw people
as if he's the president of
Ijaw - thereby pursuing
sectional agenda that is
capable of destroying
Nigeria.

3. He says that Jonathan is
confused, paranoid to an
extent that the person ruling
Nigeria is his wife, Patience
Jonathan.

4. He said that Jonathan is
finished for depending on
Tony Anenih - a man he
(Obasanjo) knows too well.

5. He accused Jonathan of
being the one that recruited
his daughter, Senator Iyabo
Obasanjo to denigrate and
embarrass him in a public
letter where she described
him as “a liar, manipulator
and two-faced hypocrite.”

6. He mentioned how late
President Umaru Musa Yar
Adua and Goodluck
Jonathan allowed their close
associates to wreck havoc
on the Nigeria's economy by
looting the country's foreign
reserve.

7. He called Yar Adua and
Jonathan ingrates as they
refused to respect the fact
that he installed them in
power.

8. He feels betrayed that Yar
Adua colluded with former
Governor of Delta State,
James Ibori to implicate him
in serious crimes.

9. He accused Yar Adua of
abandoning his policies in
power sector, railway etc.,
instead he (Yar Adua) was
wasting time probing his
tenure.

10. On Atiku, he said he will
never support Alhaji Atiku
to rule this country because
of his widespread acts of
corruption which covered
various sectors of the
economy.

11. He concludes that even
if he reconciles with
Jonathan, that he will do
everything possible to make
sure that he (Jonathan)
does not return to power in

www.newsdayreporters.com/what-s-hot/565-my-watch-11-shocking-things-from-obasanjo-s-new-book-newsday-reporters.html

1 Like

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by RoyalRoy(m): 3:28am On Dec 08, 2014
shocked shocked shocked

Baba Obasanjo seems to have made up his mind never to forgive Jonathan for whatever reasons.

Now I see why the court decided to ban the release of the book even without any legal representations from Obasanjos lawyers.

End shall never wonder!!

1 Like

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by mumumugu(m): 3:36am On Dec 08, 2014
GEJ HATES JONA BECAUSE JONATHAN DID NOT ALLOW HIMSELF TO BE CONTROLLED BY HIM.

6 Likes

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by stano2(m): 3:56am On Dec 08, 2014
Someone is really hating and wants to be in control...hmmmmmm YARADUA WASTED HIS TIME PROBING ME ..what a man

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by Nobody: 4:13am On Dec 08, 2014
Frustrated goon he tried to control the affairs of this country true GEJ am sure GEJ turned him down and look what happens hatred

8 Likes

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by adebayo201: 4:23am On Dec 08, 2014
mumumugu:

That's my mumumugu... always saying the truth with his tenses angry

Note:
GEJ... President
Jona.... Acting President
Jonathan... Former President
shocked

Waiting Patient(ly) for Madcow to show his literacy on this issue!
tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by Gmajor(m): 5:04am On Dec 08, 2014
i thought there was a court order preventing him from publishing this book ?
Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by Tallesty1(m): 5:12am On Dec 08, 2014
Sounds more like it was Jona's bio.

4 Likes

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by pafra(m): 5:27am On Dec 08, 2014
GEJ is not good. What OBJ is saying about him are undeniable. Let's keep sentiments aside. Even GEJ know that he has performed poorly. For those that understands economic our country is in disarray. If GEJ continue for another four years I fear what will become of this country. HAVE YOU ASKED WHY HE SENT GOVERNORS TO BEG OBJ?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by rodbel(m): 9:51am On Dec 09, 2014
mumumugu:

DAMN!!! Your name says it all

5 Likes

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by Boss13: 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
Jonathan is a betrayal. He promised to stay in government for only one tenure. What do you expect. A man whose words holds no truth? That is why we do not have the public buses he promised us during the subsidy issue.

1 Like

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by idupaul: 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2014
GEJ is the worst Nigerian leader ever while OBJ comes in closely behind .. The fact is that both are useless people

7 Likes

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by mistabiola: 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
mumumugu:

Your name says it all mumu-mugu cheesy grin
Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
Wait oo,
You mean the old tyrant poured this his rants in a book?
And I am supposed to buy it?

Haa, Africa ndo!

Anyway I might it if he changes the title to

"The Rantings Of An Old Tyrant"

7 Likes

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by hazyfm: 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS....

BOOKS EVERYWHERE

1 Like

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by mistabiola: 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
rodbel:

DAMN!!! Your name says it all

Are you pondering what I'm pondering cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2014
OBJ is beginning to strike me like an egocentric attention seeker. Dis guy rily craves relevance.

Wow!

5 Likes

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by hazyfm: 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
RoyalRoy:
shocked shocked shocked

Baba Obasanjo seems to have made up his mind never to forgive Jonathan for whatever reasons.

Now I see why the court decided to ban the release of the book even without any legal representations from Obasanjos lawyers.

End shall never wonder!!

[size=58pt]FACT: BABA DOES NOT FORGIVE[/size]

ASK HIS SOLIDER
ASK HIS WIFE
ASK HIS CABINET MEMBERS
YOU CAN EVEN ASK HIS RELATIVES

In Olamide's Voice

2 Likes

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
grin

Old age
Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by Crocz(m): 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
Okikiki...pls arrange this thing well
Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by Crocz(m): 6:40pm On Dec 09, 2014
hazyfm:
BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS....

BOOKS EVERYWHERE

Relax dude and sit tight cos "My Watch" is all you gonna be seeing in news....people dissecting every word of the book
Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by KwoiZabo(m): 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
If OBJ like make e write encyclopedia, he is irrelevant in Nigeria at the moment and his words don't wort a pinch of salt.

3 Likes

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by ProfessorPeter(m): 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
Orji Uzor Kalu told the whole world that Obasanjo worth 2k when he was released from jos prison. Today Obasanjo has a presidential library, Bell university, Otta farm, farm settlements and properties everywhere in Nigeria.
His book should explain his role in Harliburtons scandal, adultery with his son's wife. Odi and Zaki Biam massacre , political assassinations that took place during his tenure and should also include the worst election he conducted in 2007. He should not fail to tell us about aborted third term issue. Until that is done he remain an impostor

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by AustineE1: 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2014
Well,i dont blame OBJ,in a sane society,he should be spending time behind bars.....for all the human right abuses during his tenure,genocide against Odi,Katsina Ala etc,his gross looting of our common wealth,the killing of Bola Ige,Chuba Okadigbo and other crimes too numerous to mention.
Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by jamace(m): 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
hazyfm:
BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS....

BOOKS EVERYWHERE
My brother, de thing tire me o. Instead of telling the world his achievements as president, he is busy quarrelling with everybody like a pregnant woman. How am I sure this Obj is not having a mental problem? A man who lured his sons wife into bed and kerewa-ed the poor woman. No wonder his family has disowned him.

OBJ should show us his achievements and stop disturbing already impoverished citizens with books!

2 Likes

Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2014
jamace:
My brother, de thing tire me o. Instead of telling the world his achievements as president, he is busy quarrelling with everybody like a pregnant woman. How am I sure this Obj is not having a mental problem? A man who lured his sons wife into bed and kerewa-ed the poor woman. No wonder his family has disowned him.

OBJ should show us his achievements and stop disturbing already impoverished citizens with books!

Gbam

Yet some blank heads call him a hero.
Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by simdam500(m): 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
mumumugu :

did u just talk about how ones body hate one soul
Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by myola(m): 9:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
OBJ should behave like "agbalagba yoruba t'on tole " one of obj grunge against gej is gej will be breaking his record of being the longest in power. The book nau will it be free to read or fund generated use to help youth growth? or add up to his already overflow wealth?
Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by idee91: 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
Baba ur boi has messed up. ....
Clean the poo with him
Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by simdam500(m): 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2014
blood in his eyes.....

baba is angry, I'll love to get the book
Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 10, 2014
Crocz:
Okikiki...pls arrange this thing well

I guess the post is more legible now?

Your opinion counts!

Baba in action.
Re: My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book by GoodMuyis(m): 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
jamace:

Am sorry to say this, you must be below 17years if not you will not start asking of OBJ's achievements.
=> If you have a Civil Servent in you family go and ask them what OBJ did for them in his first tenure (I called That Gbemu Aremu). With Gbemu Aremu a Primary School Teacher in Public school could buy a car.
=> I will Not forget the One Year PAP even though am less that 13 years then i still remember
=> What of Dept Clearance, Foreign Reserve
=> The Power you all talks about OBJ left more that 4000MW, today Nigeria still struggle to Top that
=> The GEJ you all support, who knows him Nationally, if he has not achived anything at all bringing GEJ all the way from Bayelsa is not a day JOB

Not that i support Mediocracy of the Past Leaders but GEJ, UMY, GEJ (∑ = PDP)perform below Nigeria Expectation, That is why we have to Divorce PDP he she repents, we can forgive their sice

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chad Army Vehicles Head For Cameroon To Fight Boko Haram / 2019: Atiku Storms PDP Headquarters, Demands Transparent Primaries / NNPCL To Construct Another International Gas Pipeline To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.