Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Do I Need To Go For Jquery Since I Already Understand Javascript? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do I Need To Go For Jquery Since I Already Understand Javascript? (565 Views)

^^^help On Getting A Domain And Uploading A Script I Already Have. Pls Help^^^ / Please I Need Videos For Jquery And Ajax / I Already Got The Tickets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need To Go For Jquery Since I Already Understand Javascript? by Saxoboy: 3:54am On Dec 08, 2014
I just want to get the publics opinion on this.

Please some should answer. thanks.
Re: Do I Need To Go For Jquery Since I Already Understand Javascript? by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 08, 2014
You dont need to go for jquery.

document.getElementById('saxoboy').style.color='red';
document.getElementById('saxoboy').style.backgroundColor='blue';

can be shortened to

$('#saxoboy').css({color:'red',background:'blue'});

So you see, it is your choice. jQuery is a shorthand way of using javascript.

So let us assume you can e.g. some paragraphs that have a classname of "dhtml", you do know it is a long thing to use javascript to select everything but jquery can just say $('.dhtml').css({color:'red',background:'blue'});
Re: Do I Need To Go For Jquery Since I Already Understand Javascript? by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 08, 2014
Jquery like any other good JavaScript frameworks supplies you with functionality independent of browser platform wrapping all the intricacies, which you may not care about or don't want to care about. I think using a framework is better instead of using pure JavaScript and doing all the stuff from scratch, unless you usage is very limited. Dhtml is trying to talk only about Jquery selectors and saying Jquery Is a shorthand way of writing JavaScript which is wrong.

I definitely recommend JQuery!

Thanks
Re: Do I Need To Go For Jquery Since I Already Understand Javascript? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
^^^You have started again? i am a javascript / jquery expert. My own post compares javascript with jquery in a practical manner. Your own post is just nonsensical talk, i am a practical programmer. Surely you dont expert me to demonstrate every aspect of jquery here?

@op, i use jquery in my everyday work really especially in my website www.Nairaland.com for starters.
Re: Do I Need To Go For Jquery Since I Already Understand Javascript? by bedfordng(m): 6:32pm On Dec 08, 2014
there is no harm in learning since you already have interest.so learn it
Re: Do I Need To Go For Jquery Since I Already Understand Javascript? by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
shocked na WA O, so you dey sell this book wey Google dey provide for free?
Re: Do I Need To Go For Jquery Since I Already Understand Javascript? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 09, 2014
Very strange indeed
Re: Do I Need To Go For Jquery Since I Already Understand Javascript? by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 10, 2014
jQuery is Javascript, specifically a Javascript library. Any good Javascript tutorial should include jQuery, like this one

(1) (Reply)

How Long Does It Takes For A Godaddy Domain Linked To Blogger To Come Up Working / Teach Me Web Design / I Will Show You My Secret Of Getting Free Massive Traffic To Any Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.