Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,488 members, 7,781,466 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:52 PM

Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect (13025 Views)

We Impersonated Soldiers, Policemen, Says Suspect (photo) / Hardship, Wickedness Of Neighbours Pushed Me Into Robbery, Says Suspect (photo) / I Killed My Fiancé Over Sex, Says Suspect (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by lalasticlala(m): 6:22am On Dec 08, 2014
suspected robber said members of his gang took oath never to kill policemen because they too have families and dependents. The suspect, Tunde Aribisala, 33, alias ‘Two minute,’ added that he used to give policemen and soldiers money after every successful operation because their “take home pay is poor”.
Aribisala, who has been arrested by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, (SARS), Lagos, told journalists that he was an easy going person. He said: “I’m very quiet and humble, but very dangerous during robbery operations. I have never killed a policeman or a soldier. I used to give them money any day I succeeded in operation because their take home pay is poor.’’ Aribisala confessed that his three children – two boys and a girl – attend one of the best private schools in Ikoyi. The suspect said, with a sense of pride, that his children were very brilliant.
Aribisala also said he had deposited a substantial amount of money for his children’s education, which he believed would take care of them and their mother. He said: “My beautiful wife does not know that I am a robber. She thinks I am a car dealer. I have car stands in Lagos, Ibadan, Kwara, and Lekki. But nobody know that I snatched cars and also robbed innocent Nigerians.’’ Aribisala also explained why his gang refused to kill policemen and soldiers. He said: “We could have killed a lot of policemen, especially during robbery operations. But we took oath in our gang never to kill any policeman.
We took that oath because we agreed in our gang that they are human beings like us and also have dependents like us.” Aribisala, who claimed that his gang only used toy guns for robbery operations, said that the gang loved snatching vehicles belonging to corporate organisations because such cars, “sell like sachet water”. The suspect said greed and poverty forced him into armed robbery and car snatching. Aribisala was arrested after a tip-off by a police informant. The gang was in a middle of a tense argument when police burst into the gathering. A shootout ensued. Recalling how he was arrested, Aribisala said: “The person leading had been killed in one of our operations. We needed someone to replace him. This was the argument we were having when the police stormed our hideout.
The gang leader was killed by policemen. “His death made us to start discussing the rationale in not killing policemen when they were killing our members and were ready to kill us. We were also arguing on how to share the N5 million we snatched on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

source: http://newtelegraphonline.com/policemen-earn-peanuts-we-give-them-money-says-suspect/

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by 2cato: 6:28am On Dec 08, 2014
Story for the gods.
This story get K legs. I hope they are not using this news to paint a part of our country men honourables in crime.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by holatin(m): 6:45am On Dec 08, 2014
The most disgraceful word of the year goes to the suspect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by teemanbastos(m): 6:48am On Dec 08, 2014
More reason why APC needs to come on board.
1. to improve welfare of Policeman and security agencies.
2. To provide employments and good jobs for youths so they wunt engage in robbery and social vices.

14 Likes

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by Tic4tac(m): 6:49am On Dec 08, 2014
ok
Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by adonbilivit: 6:49am On Dec 08, 2014
two minutes? you mean you are a two minutes man? your wife dey try o. now you go go one of the most expensive prisons in lagos, maybe ikoyii too

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by jacabi(m): 6:49am On Dec 08, 2014
You can now enjoy yourself in police custody.
Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by smithereens(m): 6:50am On Dec 08, 2014
Na wa o. This is one proud armed robber o shocked

4 Likes

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 08, 2014
Who told these Criminals they earn peanuts? I earn far below those Men in Black and still keep my family running.

Thieves

10 Likes

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by kendrick93(m): 6:50am On Dec 08, 2014
nigerian police are corrupt oh.. here in france,the cops here are fantastic
Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by treasuress: 6:51am On Dec 08, 2014
lols robbers get packaging

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by tdayof(m): 6:51am On Dec 08, 2014
See them sef! D money no show for them body! Ole sad angry

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by B3sty(m): 6:52am On Dec 08, 2014
Police is your Friend.
Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by Marvyx(m): 6:52am On Dec 08, 2014
That doesn't justify you sir, you have to go to jail but at least this one didn't blame his actions on the devil..

4 Likes

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by princetigris(m): 6:53am On Dec 08, 2014
THIS LANDMASS OF 350 ACRES SPANNING FROM THE LAGOON TO THE ATLANTIC available FOR SALE AT N1.2 MILLION PER ACRE..... Interested buyers should contact me ASAP.
Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by Islie: 6:53am On Dec 08, 2014
so, they mean that........ they have paid for the conscience of the policemen
Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by Johnnoo(m): 6:53am On Dec 08, 2014
I'm not surprised to hear this. Nigeria Govt should make police work attractive and political office distractive...

1 Like

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by Janeify(f): 6:54am On Dec 08, 2014
Peanuts? That's true but doyou have to rob/kill inorder to assist them?you should have looked for a job(any random job will do,it mustn't be a white collar job)and giving them any amount you wish.Things/Generosity are better when done legally
Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by GboyegaD(m): 6:54am On Dec 08, 2014
I sense the guy isn't regretting his actions

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by Dreyl(m): 6:55am On Dec 08, 2014
Crime dosen't pay
work hard and make your money!

1 Like

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by Opeedo(m): 6:55am On Dec 08, 2014
Men! Federal Government need to wake up and feed those hunger striken... crime prone dudes in black cry cry cry cry cry

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by astronautog(m): 6:56am On Dec 08, 2014
Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:56am On Dec 08, 2014
Tow minuts, u try well well. At least u saved form ur robbery, ur children will still continue school when u r in prison. I was waiting for him to say umemployment pushed him into robbery. God don catch u.
Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by hotwax: 6:56am On Dec 08, 2014
SOmebody should pomp bullets on this idiots head. You use toy guns and you exchange gun fight with police? Can toy gun fire bullets.

His wife and children are living on blood money, they will pay for it soon.

We dont kill police, fake story. He is saying that to appease his custodians.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by BruzMoney(m): 6:56am On Dec 08, 2014
Today na monday, no time

1 Like

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by nedu2000(m): 6:56am On Dec 08, 2014
lalasticlala:
” Aribisala, who claimed that his gang only used toy guns for robbery operations,
lalasticlala:
The gang was in a middle of a tense argument when police burst into the gathering. A shootout ensued.
A shootout .... toy gun?so the real guns are for shootouts with the police you claim not to kill?!! Your a liar
Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by Joskiro50: 6:56am On Dec 08, 2014
2cato:
Story for the gods.
This story get K legs. I hope they are not using this news to paint a part of our country men honourables in crime.
What is this one saying?

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by SAMBARRY: 6:56am On Dec 08, 2014
Smh
Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by obynocute(m): 6:57am On Dec 08, 2014
Story 4 d gods
Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by hazyfm: 6:57am On Dec 08, 2014
NA TODAY??
Re: Policemen Earn Peanuts, We Give Them Money, Says Suspect by kolidave: 6:58am On Dec 08, 2014
GM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Arrested With 600 Grams Of Heroin In India (pics) / My Husband Now Was The Cult Leader Who Raped And Impregnated Me In School. / Police Arrest Pastor For Operating Fake WAEC Examination Centre In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.