Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 (8525 Views)

My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / My Samsung Android Phone Is Not Browsing-HELP ME PLEASE! / My Samsung Galaxy S2 Doesnt Load Up When I Switch My Phone On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by caramel007(f): 10:10am On Dec 08, 2014
I lost my samsung galaxy s5 a couple of days ago. Thursday precisely and I have not been able to get over it. Immediately I discovered it was missing, I tried calling it but it wasn't connecting. Though the battery was lOw but it was on battery saving mode which would still take me about 7hours or so. I ve searched everywhere for it. But when I tried calling it on friday morning around 10am but it was switched off. Hard as it seems I just can't seem to let go. I feel so bad and I have cried my eyes out.

Is there any hope of recovery? Though I didn't activate the anti theft app. Can it be tracked? Please I need phone gurus in the house to come to my rescue....
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 08, 2014
If it were an iPhone with tight security you would be worrying less. The thing with androids is with a mere flash, you will wipe everything stored on the phone even screen security pattern, everything will automatically return to Factory settings. If the founder were a bad guy he'd already flashed it and sold it for 60k, cool amount for Christmas flexing I tell you.
Just be prayerful that God may touch his heart and he may locate you and return your phone to you. It happens.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 08, 2014
dont worry you get a better phone. dnt get yourself worked up abt it.
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by aieromon(m): 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2014
Contact the guy who recovered his iPhone 5 after eight months for advice....

My advice is to move on.....
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by jreyez(m): 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2014
caramel007:
I lost my samsung galaxy s5 a couple of days ago. Thursday precisely and I have not been able to get over it. Immediately I discovered it was missing, I tried calling it but it wasn't connecting. Though the battery was lOw but it was on battery saving mode which would still take me about 7hours or so. I ve searched everywhere for it. But when I tried calling it on friday morning around 10am but it was switched off. Hard as it seems I just can't seem to let go. I feel so bad and I have cried my eyes out.

Is there any hope of recovery? Though I didn't activate the anti theft app. Can it be tracked? Please I need phone gurus in the house to come to my rescue....

Log in your Gmail account with another phone or laptop... Then check out the last location where your Gmail was activated/used.... Read hear for more http://trendblog.net/how-to-track-your-lost-android-phone-without-tracking-app/
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Promking: 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
My dear, to tell you the truth, at this time of the year and the type of phone u're talking about, i'll just tell you to get over and move on, probably get another phone

By the was, how did you lose. Was it stolen (pick-pocket) or you dropped it carelessly (where exactly)
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
jreyez:

Log in your Gmail account with another phone or laptop... Then check out the last location where your Gmail was activated/used.... Read hear for more http://trendblog.net/how-to-track-your-lost-android-phone-without-tracking-app/
I hope this helps in a better way. Because if it just tracks it to a neighbourhood, is she supposed to go door to door asking inmates ; Are you in possession of my Galaxy S5?

2 Likes

Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2014
sorry dear
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Icudkill: 2:20pm On Dec 08, 2014
Largas:
If it were an iPhone with tight security you would be worrying less. The thing with androids is with a mere flash, you will wipe everything stored on the phone even screen security pattern, everything will automatically return to Factory settings. If the founder were a bad guy he'd already flashed it and sold it for 60k, cool amount for Christmas flexing I tell you.
Just be prayerful that God may touch his heart and he may locate you and return your phone to you. It happens.

U can't jus flash a gs5

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Joe50(m): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2014
Dats y is not gud to root android...
After rooting, d security is bridged and is now easy to format.

If u did not root ur android i strongly advice u to enable encryption on ur android fone. Dis will prevent anybody tryin to bridge or root d fone cos once d fone is off n u turn it on tryin to format or root it, u must first decrypt it.
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by keandre: 3:30pm On Dec 08, 2014
Joe50:
Dats y is not gud to root android...
After rooting, d security is bridged and is now easy to format.

If u did not root ur android i strongly advice u to enable encryption on ur android fone. Dis will prevent anybody tryin to bridge or root d fone cos once d fone is off n u turn it on tryin to format or root it, u must first decrypt it.

story 4 the godz sha

2 Likes

Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by ignis: 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
Op stop worrying yourself. worry will only make things worse and it won't help matter. My advice is just move on, God knows best.
Am also using a galaxy S5, and am yet to see any anti theft app on the phone.
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Amaechi5(m): 5:50pm On Dec 08, 2014
just move on,what of me that just lost my dad after all the money we spent on his kidney.We are not going 2 cry out our eyes or kill our selves,life just goes on.So just move and face ur life by next yr and so better ones will still come out.

9 Likes

Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by BlackBaron: 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2014
Android users should have a sort of anti theft software like Cerberus and or a pin lock on the home screen. That way you can at least track your phone, take photos of it and get very accurate gps triangulation of your smartphones whereabouts.
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
ignis:
Op stop worrying yourself. worry will only make things worse and it won't help matter. My advice is just move on, God knows best.
Am also using a galaxy S5, and am yet to see any anti theft app on the phone.
go to settings, then locate security, then scroll down to device administrator.. it should automatically be enabled when you Check it. .....

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 08, 2014
op try this, if you were the one who set up your phone when it was bought, then the anti theft was automatically enabled from company.. head over to the site below, input the gmail you used in setting up your phone... it will do 4... things for you, it will show you the options to choose.. either wipe your phone, have it ring out loud.. show you the location of the phone, or with the ftfront camera it will snap the face of whoever is with it and forward it to your mail.

http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/3500315/how-use-android-device-manager/

3 Likes

Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by ignis: 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
deejayharry1:
go to settings, then locate security, then scroll down to device administrator.. it should automatically be enabled when you Check it. .....

Done....
As easy as that?
Thanks Bro.
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2014

8 Likes

Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 08, 2014

8 Likes

Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
Largas:
Not all androids.....
My Tecno H6 still has its anti-theft settings even after a thorough factory wipe
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by caramel007(f): 10:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
Largas:

Amen! I sincerely pray so. Thank you very much
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by caramel007(f): 11:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
Amaechi5:
just move on,what of me that just lost my dad after all the money we spent on his kidney.We are not going 2 cry out our eyes or kill our selves,life just goes on.So just move and face ur life by next yr and so better ones will still come out.

Awww! I'm so sorry about your dad. Here I am whining about a lost fone while you mourn you dad. I'm sure u will pick him over all the s5s in the world. May his soul rest in peace. You have really given me a new perspective.

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by caramel007(f): 11:04pm On Dec 08, 2014
sKeetz:

You lil dumb aśs bîtch, I aint fûcking with you undecided

So who are u messing wit? me?

3 Likes

Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by caramel007(f): 11:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
I really can't place my hands on how it happened and that's d hardest part. From the office down to the car and I went to eat. I really can't tell what happened between those periods. I took it from the office but I didn't bring it out from my bag@ the eatery. As funny as this sounds, I still have the feeling that the phone is somewhere.

I'm really trying to move on but its not been easy. You know how we ladies tend to get attached to things that belongs to us...
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by nani667: 11:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
caramel007:
I really can't place my hands on how it happened and that's d hardest part. From the office down to the car and I went to eat. I really can't tell what happened between those periods. I took it from the office but I didn't bring it out from my bag@ the eatery. As funny as this sounds, I still have the feeling that the phone is somewhere.

I'm really trying to move on but its not been easy. You know how we ladies tend to get attached to things that belongs to us...

you can't remember how it got missing, and you said the battery was low at the time.... It's actually possible the phone is chilling somewhere switched off cos the battery is dead...... You can try retracing your footsteps... Who knows, you could just find it...
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by LewisO: 11:51pm On Dec 08, 2014
caramel007:

Aww! sorry, if am not bringing this lately "I can't imagine what you're going through," I can't even begin to understand how you feel..." to have lost such expensive gadget, but i knw God will provide u more things that will give u joy and things that are up to your taste!
Re: I Just Lost My Samsung Galaxy S5 by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 09, 2014
MarthaK:

Not all androids.....
My Tecno H6 still has its anti-theft settings even after a thorough factory wipe
wrong! As long as its an android device, a simple factory reset either internal or external, would remove everyting on ur phone. The best u can do is root your phone and download avast anti-theft(root), it will prevent the phone from being flashed or restored.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Unlock MTN Huawei Modems For Free With Simple Steps / Awoof! Enjoy MTN Free Call, SMS And 2GB / Real Football 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.