Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? (8575 Views)

I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry / Penticostal Protestants Are Idol Worshippers (account From An Eye Witness) / Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? by Nobody: 1:04am On Feb 25, 2015
Papist:
Which Priesthood? The one that the Lord Jesus conferred on the Apostles like when he gave them the power to forgive sins? And when he told them to offer the bread and wine as His Body and Blood? It should be obvious from the scriptures.
And then told them to make disciples of all nations (as he discipled them). I am only aware of one priesthood in d scriptures unless u want to create another one.
Re: Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

And then told them to make disciples of all nations (as he discipled them). I am only aware of one priesthood in d scriptures unless u want to create another one.
The commission to make disciples of all nations was given to the apostles only and their successors.
Re: Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
Papist:

The commission to make disciples of all nations was given to the apostles only and their successors.
mrk16.15-17.kjv And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

mat28.19-20.kjv Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

act1.8.kjv But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

All who believe have been called to this priesthood of believers. There is special priest before God, ok?
Re: Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
Papist:
Which Priesthood? The one that the Lord Jesus conferred on the Apostles like when he gave them the power to forgive sins? And when he told them to offer the bread and wine as His Body and Blood? It should be obvious from the scriptures.

he wants you to quote a passage that says "recieve the priesthood."
Re: Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? by Aizenosa(m): 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
tonybosses:
Mr bene.... u av spoken well, let's gt done with one part u said sumtn abt "save"

My bible told me dt "wt d mouth confession is made unto salvation"

Dt aside.. nw abt Jesuss avin mother or nt

Or God avin mother.

My brother, it's very very clear in d bible.. Mary was an "instrument" tru which Jesus came to earth... mind u it wasn't as tho, he couldn't av descended frm d sky or happend to b in midst of men.. preaching nd nobodi wuld knw wher e came frm.... bt d nature of tinz nd faith of men wuldnt be influenced at such. at dt point in time.

So in his widow he came tru mary...

Mary was created by God nd mary gave birth to the same "God" while on earth..

Nw we re looking at "God in 2 perspective"

1) as "God on earth"
2) as "God supernatural"

In case (1) mary gave birth to Jesus, she was the instrument tru which he came in full flesh as man

But dt can't nd shldnt b linked to d origin of God in case (2) as supernatural and creator of all frm time immemorial.
because long tym b4 mary was, God has been.

And dt isn't a reason we shld worship (honour) mary, I knw dts where u re driving at....

I was a catholic, I got into the seminary nd got out,i can ask 100 question dt u might not b able to answer.

lol have u ever read the gospel according to Mary Magdalene or the gospel according to Thomas, if u have den i can also tell u that u have no question that u cann ask that cannot be answered
Re: Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? by Aizenosa(m): 7:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
And also its so funny when people ask for biblical backup on dis and dat, now let me throw a light on sumtin, open ur bible to mark 9:2-10 read about the transfiguration of Jesus and i recite this part "Jesus took Peter, James and John to the top of the mountain" now i ask a question Peter and James never wrote any gospel although John did but he never wrote about it so i ask what it not important or what?, such great event not recorded by John who was dere but was written by Mark so scholars come and defend ur biblical backup or else u shut up
Re: Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? by tonybosses: 10:48am On May 25, 2015
Wow this trend is still going on?

There are other more pressing issue to talk about, catholic knows the trust that there is something wrong somewhere with with the practise and what the bible says, but they just ignore and refuse and disagree, because of pride and "na u go convert me? Why cnt I convert you"... tht is the shit

The bible says you are gods sons of the most high....

Why don't you extend same worship and reverence you give to marry?

When the day I would be less busy I would let you know what the bible says about Queen of heaven...

Bless u
Re: Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:29pm On May 26, 2015
tonybosses:

There are other more pressing issue to talk about, catholic knows the trust that there is something wrong somewhere with with the practise and what the bible says, but they just ignore and refuse and disagree, because of pride and "na u go convert me? Why cnt I convert you"... tht is the shit

When the day I would be less busy I would let you know what the bible says about Queen of heaven...

Bless u

oh!

So you think, deny the way in which God saved you is a light matter?
Re: Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? by tonybosses: 5:34pm On May 26, 2015
Ubenedictus:

oh!

So you think, deny the way in which God saved you is a light matter?

No vex bros...lol
Re: Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:39pm On May 26, 2015
tonybosses:

Bless u
oh so you believe rejecting the plan God used for you salvation is a light matter?

Suit yourself.
Re: Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? by tonybosses: 5:44pm On May 26, 2015
Ubenedictus:
oh so you believe rejecting the plan God used for you salvation is a light matter?

Suit yourself.

No vex sir..we no dey quarrel ni which 1 is "suit urself"?
Re: Dear Protestants, How Then Were You Saved??? by cosiocan(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Came First...christianity Or Islam? / Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever / Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.