Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba (10088 Views)

Dogara Seeks Senate’s Approval For Removal Of IGP / Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Dismissal Of Service Chiefs / Nigerian Army Denies Secret Trial, Dismissal Of 203 Soldiers For Mutiny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by lalasticlala(m): 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2014
Nigerians have been called upon to disregard assurances given by the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Sulaiman Abba for free and fair elections in 2015.

This call was made by the Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Hon. Razak Atunwa and the Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Justice, Dr. Ali Ahmad at the first Pan African Students’ Parliamentary Conference in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.

The conference was convened by the University of Ilorin Senate Council of the university’s student union.

Both Atunwa and Ahmad insisted that going by the recent happenings in the country, especially the recent invasion of the National Assembly by the Police, the IGP is not fit to head the police for the 2015 elections.

Atunwa described legislators who climbed the fence as heroes and patriots, noting that the police would have succeeded in subjugating the will of the people and truncating democracy, adding that insecurity has been on the rise because the IGP concentrated more on politics than tackling it.

Atunwa said: “I think the best thing that can happen for this country is for this IG to be removed. Because this IG has been partisan, it shows he is rash in his judgement, he jumps before he can walk. And I think for me, the sooner he is removed, the better. But failing that, he can be cautioned to ensure that he follows the rule of law and due process.”

Similarly, Ahmad expressed doubt about the ability of Abba to help ensure free, fair and transparent elections in 2015. He said: “For me, personally, I do not believe this IG would be able to man free, fair and transparent elections. I have lost hope in him. That is my personal opinion; I don’t know what other Nigerians believe. Because now, we are hearing from the grapevine that he wants to restore Tambuwal’s security.

“It baffles anyone. Nigerians are not dummies. We can look and listen to you but we don’t buy all those things. So, Abba should be dismissed, he should be relieved of his post. He can no longer receive our own support.”

source: http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/08/lawmakers-call-dismissal-igp-abba/

2 Likes

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by tobex23(m): 12:49pm On Dec 08, 2014
winkthis ought to have come a long time ago!

2 Likes

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by ceo4eva: 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2014
I think the fence-jumping lawmakers should also be dismissed as well.

20 Likes

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by hazyfm: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
That man should have been sacked since October

4 Likes

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
Don't even like the man

3 Likes

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by lirusehn(m): 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
i was here undecided
Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by constance500: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
I'm coming
Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by holatin(m): 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
Yeah
Any IGP stooping low to be a lap dog to someone don't deserve that post

7 Likes

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
Front page tins
Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by hisikke(m): 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
Yea, He needs to Go

1 Like

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by emirateprince: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
B
Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by accurate0805: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by lilprinze: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
Greedy and selfish lawmakers that only make laws that benefit them only and not the masses.
Am sure it is because of what happened them at the National assembly last 2 weeks that is making them say he should be dismissed.

3 Likes

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by wisefizz(m): 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
smelling rat
Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by Rilwayne001: 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
Dismiss that Egoat angry

1 Like

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by jacabi(m): 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
Hmm!
The "good boy" wont be dismissed.
Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by Phikom(m): 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
d earlier d beta...
Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by accurate0805: 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
Nawa. ..

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by ababanwoke(m): 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2014
All those mumu law makers,IGP am right behind u,na God go punish them all

3 Likes

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by pekeyim: 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2014
Kai see full time work.

Seun and Super Mods slow down now.

Well don't think they can touch Him, since he's only following orders from the Oga @ the Top.
Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by Tbillz(m): 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
War Against Indicipline!!! We desperately in need of change.

1 Like

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by Funjosh(m): 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
Am seeing Cat grin

wisefizz:
smelling rat

1 Like

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by eightsin(m): 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2014
Wrong priority!!! There are more important things that needs solution.

1 Like

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by sigidporte(m): 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
The lawbreakers should also be dismissed.

3 Likes

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by YEMOYEMI: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
I thought he was sacked already. This country self. What are thy still waiting for?

1 Like

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by Psylas(m): 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
Who sends?!
Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
What has he done wrong?

1 Like

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by EdCure: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
hazyfm:
That man should have been sacked since October
Trust Jonathan to do nothing about it.

1 Like

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by Daniel058(m): 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
Nigeria my country

1 Like

Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by Adwexky(m): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
Is this because of the National Assembly Saga?

[size=20pt]Boko Haram Cameramen Captured: http://nigeriajournal..com/2014/12/boko-haram-cameramen-captured-by.html[/size]
Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by clemz88(m): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
grin
Re: Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba by wisefizz(m): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
thanks for seeing a cat, abeg help me bring dat cat to come kill tha smellin rat shocked grin
Funjosh:
Am seeing Cat grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Fuel Scarcity Will End Before Weekend'-NNPC / Tinubu Hails Oyebanji, APC For Ekiti Electoral Victory / Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.