Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well (40668 Views)

EFCC Chairman: Yet Another Notherner, Are Southerners Incapable? FFK Asks Buhari / Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / Kwankwaso Declares President Jonathan Incompetent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Cyberbaze(m): 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
[img]http://1.bp..com/-ydqhy0bw9vw/VIWYQZZpyAI/AAAAAAAABsk/7tCbNI-8PEo/s280/my-watch-obasanjo.jpg[/img]

An attempt by Buruji Kashamu, a close associate of President Goodluck Jonathan, to stop the publication of a three-volume book by former President Obasanjo, appears to have failed as SaharaReporters can confirm that the book has gone into circulation. A source close to Mr. Obasanjo confirmed to SaharaReporters late last night that copies of the former president’s exhaustive autobiography were already available to buyers in print form.
The source that the book would soon be available in an electronic version that is beyond the jurisdiction of Nigerian courts.

SaharaReporters has already obtained and read sections of the book scheduled for formal launch in Nigeria in a few days

The book, whose three volumes chronicle the life of the controversial former president from birth till this year, aroused political interest after SaharaReporters exclusively reported that Mr. Obasanjo devotes significant pages to paint an unflattering portrait of President Jonathan. We reported that the book characterizes Mr. Jonathan as selfish, weak-willed, callous and incapable of rising to the challenges of running a complex country like Nigeria. Mr. Obasanjo also accuses the president of surrounding himself with aides and political associates with corrupt tendencies.

Mr. Obasanjo’s book dedicates several parts in the book to point out some of Mr. Jonathan’s actions and inactions he considers ill-advised or disastrous for Nigeria. He depicts Mr. Jonathan as a man who has not only destroyed the Peoples Democratic Party but also led Nigeria in dire straights.

The book focuses on several instances of policy somersaults by Mr. Jonathan as well as deliberate actions by the incumbent president that have imperiled Nigeria’s progress in the opinion of Mr. Jonathan.

An Abuja-based lawyer and critic of Mr. Obasanjo accused the former president of seeking to use the book to earn cheap popularity, adding that Mr. Obasanjo cannot get away from responsibility for “sponsoring President Jonathan’s rise to political prominence and the Presidency.”

“We have been saying it from day one that President Goodluck Jonathan does not have the qualities to become a true leader, but we cannot forget that Chief Obasanjo singlehandedly put him and the late President Umaru Yar’Adua in office,” the lawyer said.

Mr. Obasanjo’s book also castigates former President Umaru Yar’Adua, former Vice President Abubakar Atiku, and former Governor James Ibori of Delta State, Bukola Saraki, among other political foes.

In the book, the former president also makes an incredible claim that he was never interested in pursuing a third term while in office.

“That is a clear lie,” said Mr. Obasanjo’s critic. “To even deny what is so obvious to every Nigerian shows that Chief Obasanjo has little regard for the truth.”

Source = [url=http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/08/obasanjo%E2%80%99s-book-out-declares-president-jonathan-incapable-governing-well]SaharaReporters[/url]

www.brandednaija..com

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by henchamb(m): 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2014
i cant wait to read it, the pen is indeed mightier than the sword

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2014
Please who are the Publishers of this book. I need to get some copies with or without the court order restraining its release.
I agree with some parts of this book especially concerning the present day management of the political affairs of the country.

19 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Asek1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2014
The critic criticised well especially in the last statement
I wonder why baba does not want to rest
Nobody holy pass o

27 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by CyberWolf: 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2014
All this hullabaloo will end by
Feb 15th next year..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by motherlode: 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2014
That's good news cheesy i wish to get it too. And this simply means GEJ and his associates can't stop BUHARI come 2015. grin
Change and Transformation coming in the speed of light!!!

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by sexyedjutto: 1:57pm On Dec 08, 2014
Obasanjo dat stole billions and did nothing in his tenure is now crticisin jonathan,,,obasanjo dat even wanted to come 4 3rd term in office chai,,,,and some ignorant ppl are still soppirting him o

92 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
Can't wait to read

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by oba009(m): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2014
After much anticipation from the public, former president Olusegun Obasanjo’s autobiography is out according to Sahara reporters.
President Jonathan honours Obsanjo at Nigeria's centenary celebration
President Jonathan honours Obsanjo at Nigeria’s centenary celebration
The book named “My Watch” chronicles the life of Chief Obasanjo from birth till this year. In the book, Obasanjo devoted significant pages to President Goodluck Jonathan actions and in-actions as Nigeria’s president, where he took the current Nigerian leader to the cleaners, calling him several names like selfish, weak-willed, callous and incapable, accusing the president of failing to rise to the challenges of running a complex country like Nigeria. Obasanjo also accused Jonathan of surrounding himself with aides and political associates with corrupt tendencies.
READ ALSO: ​Gbenga ​Daniel Withdraws ​From Ogun Senatorial Race
He opined that the President has destroyed the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and left Nigeria in dire conditions.
Obasanjo also highlighted on the several policy somersaults of Jonathan’s administration as well as the president’s actions that he claimed has stunted the country’s progress.
Mr. Obasanjo’s book also took a swipe at Jonathan’s former boss and predecessor, Late Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, former Vice President Abubakar Atiku, former Governor James Ibori of Delta State and scion of the Saraki family, Senator Bukola Saraki, and his other political foes.
READ ALSO: What OBJ Told PDP Governors
It will be recalled that a chieftain of the PDP in Obasanjo’s home-state of Ogun, Prince Buruji Kashamu recently went to court to stop the former president from publishing the autobiography.
Follow NAIJ.COM on Twitter!
– Sell phones, cars, clothes, furniture to real people
Write review and get real money – Tips.naij.com
READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/338549-obasanjos-book-out.html

http://www.naij.com/338549-obasanjos-book-out.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by laimo(m): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2014
Bound to be a bestseller. Will be my first Obj book to buy.
#NoToJonathan.#ISupportObasanjoNow.#BringBackOurGirs2014.Bring back jonathan to otuoke 2015.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by laimo(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
Bound to be a bestseller. Will be my first Obj book to buy.
#NoToJonathan.#ISupportObasanjoNow.#BringBackOurGirs2014.Bring back jonathan to otuoke 2015.

Vote APC.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by jamace(m): 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2014
Hope OBJ included how he used his position to take advantage of his son's wife and how his family disowned him because of his selfishness.
Did he include how he forced contractors to build him his Ota hilltop mansion?
Did he include how he forced govs to donate to his library?
Did he include how he made himself petroleum minister yet there was no fuel and fuel scarcity persisted?
Did he include how he converted govt lands meant for operation feed the nation into Obasanjo farms?
Did he tell the world that he used his EFCC to chase political opponents into line?
Did he inform the world how he forced Gov Mbadunuju to continue to bribe political godfather?
Hope he included how he used minority to impeach Gov Joshua Dariye in Plateau State.
Did he state his role in the assassination of Bola Ige, Pa Rewane, and others?
Is it in his book that instead of building universities for Nigerians, he built private university for only the children of the rich?
What about his longer throat for power to go for third term, is it there?
Hope he included how he junketed the world with Nigeria money to source for the best expatriates for his Ota farm

235 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by solid3(m): 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2014
Chai! This fisher man don suffer. He shld just go back to fishing kawai.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by JEITO: 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2014
I see! So all his recent activities have been publicity stunts to draw attention to his book

Looking forward to getting a copy the only book off his I've read is "my command" I hope he also state how he ruled for 8years and his failed attempt to initiate a 3rd term move.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by JEITO: 2:20pm On Dec 08, 2014
jamace:
Hope OBJ included how he used his position to take advantage of his son's wife and how his family disowned him because of his selfishness.
Did he include how he forced contractors to build him his Ota hilltop mansion?
Did he include how he forced govs to donate to his library?
Did he include how he made himself petroleum minister yet there was no fuel and fuel scarcity persisted?
Did he include how he converted govt lands meant for operation feed the nation into Obasanjo farms?
Did he tell the world that he used his EFCC to chase political opponents into line?
Did he inform the world how he forced Gov Mbadunuju to continue to bribe political godfather?
Hope he included how he used minority to impeach Gov Joshua Dariye in Plateau State.
Did he state his role in the assassination of Bola Ige, Pa Rewane, and others?
Is it in his book that instead of building universities for Nigerians, he built private university for only the children of the rich?
What about his longer throat for power to go for third term, is it there?
Hope he included how he junketed the world with Nigeria money to source for the best expatriates for his Ota farm
if he doesn't include it and all his other atrocities, then he's a hypocrite

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by gymer(m): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
I will buy and read but that will not change my position on who to vote for during the election. I have my PVC ready! Do you have yours?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by qtx(m): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
motherlode:
That's good news cheesy i wish to get it too. And this simply means GEJ and his associates can't stop BUHARI come 2015. grin
Change and Transformation coming in the speed of light!!!
ahahahahaha stop who? Buhari that intends to stop the fall of oil prize? ahahahahahahahahahahaha grin u must be a joker

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by wisefizz(m): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
uh............. Naija politicians and their film sha..... i guess m watching SEASON 4
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2014
Baba has talk it.

I love his pose on the book cover, looks like he is thinking " I just dey look o"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by DancingSkeleton(m): 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2014

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by jacabi(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ah! Nkan n bee!
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by feelamong(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
hmmmm!!

OBJ in the trenches again!

seems OBJ has finally joined APC, just like US, Soyinka, Kolade and all other good people that have spoken against the clueless GEJ govt.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by gneisss: 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
.very hypocritic book..

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by yommyphresh(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
baba iyabo!
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by zyzxx(m): 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
Man of the match
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by qtx(m): 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2014
Cyberbaze:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-ydqhy0bw9vw/VIWYQZZpyAI/AAAAAAAABsk/7tCbNI-8PEo/s280/my-watch-obasanjo.jpg[/img]

An attempt by Buruji Kashamu, a close associate of President Goodluck Jonathan, to stop the publication of a three-volume book by former President Obasanjo, appears to have failed as SaharaReporters can confirm that the book has gone into circulation. A source close to Mr. Obasanjo confirmed to SaharaReporters late last night that copies of the former president’s exhaustive autobiography were already available to buyers in print form.
The source that the book would soon be available in an electronic version that is beyond the jurisdiction of Nigerian courts.

SaharaReporters has already obtained and read sections of the book scheduled for formal launch in Nigeria in a few days

The book, whose three volumes chronicle the life of the controversial former president from birth till this year, aroused political interest after SaharaReporters exclusively reported that Mr. Obasanjo devotes significant pages to paint an unflattering portrait of President Jonathan. We reported that the book characterizes Mr. Jonathan as selfish, weak-willed, callous and incapable of rising to the challenges of running a complex country like Nigeria. Mr. Obasanjo also accuses the president of surrounding himself with aides and political associates with corrupt tendencies.

Mr. Obasanjo’s book dedicates several parts in the book to point out some of Mr. Jonathan’s actions and inactions he considers ill-advised or disastrous for Nigeria. He depicts Mr. Jonathan as a man who has not only destroyed the Peoples Democratic Party but also led Nigeria in dire straights.

The book focuses on several instances of policy somersaults by Mr. Jonathan as well as deliberate actions by the incumbent president that have imperiled Nigeria’s progress in the opinion of Mr. Jonathan.

An Abuja-based lawyer and critic of Mr. Obasanjo accused the former president of seeking to use the book to earn cheap popularity, adding that Mr. Obasanjo cannot get away from responsibility for “sponsoring President Jonathan’s rise to political prominence and the Presidency.”

“We have been saying it from day one that President Goodluck Jonathan does not have the qualities to become a true leader, but we cannot forget that Chief Obasanjo singlehandedly put him and the late President Umaru Yar’Adua in office,” the lawyer said.

Mr. Obasanjo’s book also castigates former President Umaru Yar’Adua, former Vice President Abubakar Atiku, and former Governor James Ibori of Delta State, Bukola Saraki, among other political foes.

In the book, the former president also makes an incredible claim that he was never interested in pursuing a third term while in office.

“That is a clear lie,” said Mr. Obasanjo’s critic. “To even deny what is so obvious to every Nigerian shows that Chief Obasanjo has little regard for the truth.”

Source = [url=http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/08/obasanjo%E2%80%99s-book-out-declares-president-jonathan-incapable-governing-well]SaharaReporters[/url]

www.brandednaija..com
I can title that book with a much more better title and it will be" The Cry of OBJ due to his inability to control the man he put into power" or better still "my anger against GEJ for not allowing me to control him" and not autobiography of obj Nothing short of that.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by MizMyColi(f): 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2014
Waow!
That's super assertive!
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by SaiBuharii: 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2014
PDP governorship primaries: Votes cast exceeds delegates - 806 delegates, 863 votes casted. Agbaje has integrity Na Bode George go rule Lagos. Watch and see.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by tochman(m): 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2014
Una don hear am na. Oya. Make una go buy d book. If u can't afford it now, aba boys will launch the pirated copy soon.

See kettle dey call pot black. Obj is such a hypocrite

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
This man is always seeking for relevance.

Mr. Obasanjo...you are not god

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
The book is more of criticizing Jonathan than his (obasanjo"s) autobiography.
I dey laugh! grin grin

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Leads Jonathan In Adamawa / List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why / Presidency Plotting To Scheme Tinubu Out Of APC Hierarchy – Yakasai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.