Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed (2943 Views)

Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / If Only Parents Can Heed To This Advice!!! / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by ojuetti: 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
Please I need some candid advice on some issues; I am separated with 4 kids from the father of my kids a few years ago. He brought me and my kids from Nigeria to UK but was very useless in terms of taking care of me and my kids, all he did was womanize, drink and stay late at night. I was working part time while he was working full time, but still, he spent his money on women outside. I could not do anything because then, I was not entitled to any benefit, but as soon as I got my papers, I decided to act, I was not ready to take all his rubbish again, so he had no choice than to leave the house for me and my kids. I felt what was the point in having a useless man around me.
I am now able to claim all my benefit as a single parent from the government, more so my pastor had told me that he was not my husband that my husband who will love me will come and find me at the right time.
Throughout this ordeal, I was seeing a guy who was with me throughout and loved me very much. We promised to be together forever, even though we both have kids. The problem now is that my pastor recently told me that, this is not the man for me, that another man that will take care of me is coming, but I am in love with this man, should I listen to my pastor and let this man go or just ignore this prophecy.
This man in his forties just like myself, so we are adults and know what we are doing, but this prophecy is getting me confused.
Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2014
ojuetti:
Please I need some candid advice on some issues; I am separated with 4 kids from the father of my kids a few years ago. He brought me and my kids from Nigeria to UK but was very useless in terms of taking care of me and my kids, all he did was womanize, drink and stay late at night. I was working part time while he was working full time, but still, he spent his money on women outside. I could not do anything because then, I was not entitled to any benefit, but as soon as I got my papers, I decided to act, I was not ready to take all his rubbish again, so he had no choice than to leave the house for me and my kids. I felt what was the point in having a useless man around me.
I am now able to claim all my benefit as a single parent from the government, more so my pastor had told me that he was not my husband that my husband who will love me will come and find me at the right time.
Throughout this ordeal, I was seeing a guy who was with me throughout and loved me very much. We promised to be together forever, even though we both have kids. The problem now is that my pastor recently told me that, this is not the man for me, that another man that will take care of me is coming, but I am in love with this man, should I listen to my pastor and let this man go or just ignore this prophecy.
This man in his forties just like myself, so we are adults and know what we are doing, but this prophecy is getting me confused.
Becareful of your words,
if he hadn't taken you along,you would have no idea what he does.
he was "useless" yet remembered and brought you to a place where you seeked for your "right" and got it....

If you know what's good for you,you wouldn't need a pastor to control you...

15 Likes

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by Infomizer(m): 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2014
Your mind is your shrine. Pursue happiness!!!

Why not cage the bird at hand, be open-minded, and devote your time to making your kids better people. It's a win-win!!
Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by holatin(m): 5:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
You don't need a pastor.
pray to God.
God will lead and guide
God answers prayer.
Do you know you may be holy than that so called pastor.

1 Like

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2014
You dnt need a pastor to tell you what is good for you. Try to know what you want yourself. These pastors are deceitful and have misled many. This is the appropriate time to look before you leap. Since you made your first mistake by ending up with your ex husband, you can correct that wrong by taking your time to know who this man whom you are dating really is. Dnt say because you love him then thats all that matters so you wont go from frying pan to fire. Study this man very well. I dnt know how long you have dated but take your time o.
Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by Goldenboy007(m): 9:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
He brought you and your 4 kids to UK, I wonder how you and your kids survived for the first few years you got to UK. Now you have your papers and succeded in taking the house he labored for so you decided to do away with the him and find a better lover! What kind of church are you going? That's why I can't stick churches these days, bunch of hypocrites!!! I wonder the values you are investing in your kids! We humans chart our own destinies, when we destabilize the equilibrium we begin to blame God..I wonder what advice you want people to give you?

12 Likes

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
Hmmmmm the fear of some pastors is the beginning of wisdom

. . .A pastor told you that the father of 1, 2, 3, 4 kids is not your husband, that your husband is coming!!!! shocked

This same pastor that could not counsel and mentor your husband when things were going wrong and pray for him and your marriage?

Now pastor is telling you that its not this man that youve been seeing again, but another!

hmmmmmm!

BTW is the pastor married? Hope he is not smoothing the way for himself and getting rid of all oppositions? Nothing is impossible these days.

Anyone can go to Bible school and rent primary school and voila . . .church don start . . awon coogar and R231 pastor tongue grin

You dont need third party to speak to your God. Your pastor should have taught you that and please do not call the father of your children useless in front of them. You will damage their self esteem. 50% of their DNA come from that man and you are indirecltly calling them names.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by veave(f): 9:47pm On Dec 08, 2014
Veralaw:

Becareful of your words,
if he hadn't taken you along,you would have no idea what he does.
he was "useless" yet remembered and brought you to a place where you seeked for your "right" and got it....

If you know what's good for you,you wouldn't need a pastor to control you...

#all through this ordeal... i was dating a guy...

Madam. Don't let God judge you o...
How sure are we you did not frustrate your husband into drinking with your sexual prowess...
Please don't ask me for advice o... i never even advice myself finish

Bros above... thankyou

4 Likes

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 09, 2014
From the premises above, the said pastor is a con man. A man that doesn't know that marrying another man while your husband is alive is wrong doesn't deserve an inch of respect because he doesn't respect God.
He has the guts to tell you that another man will love you, madam run for life o. Remember your kids are watching you, they learn from what you do than what you say.
Please, I urge you reconcile with your husband.

3 Likes

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by mutter(f): 12:31am On Dec 09, 2014
.. the end of the story is that the pastor is the right man for you.
At the right time he will fulfil his prophesy.

Please if you don`t have a valid reason, stop roaming. The children will get bitter about it and loose respect for you. Stick to this man or better still go back to your husband.
But sorry to add this- you came , you saw and you conquered. The man had to leave the house for you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by Stillfire: 1:01am On Dec 09, 2014
This kain prophecy wey dem dey see for you despite the dysfunctionality you are surrounded by? Stop mocking God, please.

1 Like

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by cococandy(f): 5:19am On Dec 09, 2014
Why will a pastor be the one to tell you who to marry? Personally if anyone comes close to with the sentence "I saw a vision for you" or " I have a prophesy for you", I will keep my distance from them.
I don't like prophets and seers. Biko pray for yourself and make the right choice by following your heart and common sense.

If you're not yet divorced from your husband,maybe you guys can try patch things up. We really don't know what went down between you guys , so you're in the best position to know if such a thing is possible.
It is a long shot but worth a try.

If you don't think it can work, marry the guy you love. Let love lead.

2 Likes

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by armyofone(m): 5:43am On Dec 09, 2014
Follow your heart instead of a pastor!!
Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by Ilekokonit: 8:02am On Dec 09, 2014
chaircover:
please do not call the father of your children useless in front of them. You will damage their self esteem. 50% of their DNA come from that man and you are indirectly calling them names.

Good Advice.
Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by Kimoni: 8:49am On Dec 09, 2014
Stillfire:
This kain prophecy wey dem dey see for you despite the dysfunctionality you are surrounded by? Stop mocking God, please.
Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 09, 2014
op, no disrespect here but @ your 40s , Pastor still choose life partner for you? sad....I wonder what kind of Pastor is He, disregarding the father of your 4kids and foreseeing an imaginary new husband from nowhere coming to marry you.
@ age 28, I have stopped listening to any Pastor's prophesy about life partners. They don't know jack, when it comes to whom to marry! they've fooled me before, years back but not anymore... they simply confuse people in making wrong choices.
think deeply and sincerely , then follow your mind and conscience. the right answer will pop up.
Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by dridowu: 11:01am On Dec 09, 2014
ojuetti:
with due respect , i think you are the one useless here. If your husband is useless he would't have arrange you and your kids travelling . I can't judge your husband since i don't know his own side of the story but i will judge you only since you started believing your pastor than God. Your pastor told you that your husband is not your future husband (after 4 kids), hmmmmm that smell fishy, i am so sure your pastor is interested in having you that is while he is trying to convince you so that you won't go back to your husband.
Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by jmoore(m): 12:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
Continue your journey, it will serve as a case study.

3 Likes

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by frenchman(m): 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
When you were back home with your kids, there was no prophecy, when you came here with no access to benefit, there was no prophecy. Now you are able to claim benefit and do away with the man, you now remembered to find out if he was your husband or not. Please in whatever you do fear God o. We don't know the story of your husband but whatever it is, why didn't you divorce him when he was about to take you and your kids abroad. Well my advise to you is to leave thus new man and just start dating your pastor. It will be easier for you that way.

3 Likes

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by stanprexy(m): 1:22pm On Dec 09, 2014
ojuetti:
Fake prophet with fake prophecy, supporting you to commit adultery. Better go back to the father of your kids, or else your christianity is vague. Marriage is all about sacrifice, commitment and forgiveness.
Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by 299: 2:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
Very wicked Nigerian woman. The devil herself!!....that's what you are@op undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by Amjustme: 5:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
Candid Advice? You have only 1 husband.
2) Read the Bible urself! Not jst accepting wot ur pastor tells u: the bible tells us dat there wld be many false prophets in d last days! so be careful.
3) Help ur life and dat of ur 4 children by drawing close to GOD and seeking a reconciliation with ur 1 husband.

1 Like

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by megastu(m): 6:40pm On Dec 09, 2014
dridowu:
with due respect , i think you are the one useless here. If your husband is useless he would't have arrange you and your kids travelling . I can't judge your husband since i don't know his own side of the story but i will judge you only since you started believing your pastor than God. Your pastor told you that your husband is not your future husband (after 4 kids), hmmmmm that smell fishy, i am so sure your pastor is interested in having you that is while he is trying to convince you so that you won't go back to your husband.

Useless is an understatement.

1 Like

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by ojuetti: 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
I appreciate all your responses, but who wears the shoe knows where it pinches. I have seen a lot within the period of marriage to this man, so if I called him names and wanted him away from my life, I think I am justified. My pastor is not interested in marrying me or have anything to do with me amorously, he is a man God, please let us be careful how we talk about men of God, as a father and concerned clergy, he told me what he saw.
Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by bellong: 2:55pm On Dec 11, 2014
ojuetti:
I appreciate all your responses, but who wears the shoe knows where it pinches. I have seen a lot within the period of marriage to this man, so if I called him names and wanted him away from my life, I think I am justified. My pastor is not interested in marrying me or have anything to do with me amorously, he is a man God, please let us be careful how we talk about men of God, as a father and concerned clergy, he told me what he saw.

A man of God indeed. A man of God advising you a man you had 4 kids is not your husband while still married to him. What part of the scripture does his "vision/revelation" conforms to?

I have seen enough women who turned to a ravaging wolf immediately their husbands took them abroad. These women not only used the advantage of a system that favours ladies against the men but they also turned their children against them.

I am not saying this is the case in your situation but a man that is "useless" (using your language) wouldn't care to bring you and the children over. He would have left you in Nigeria visiting occasionally to cover his "uselessness" in the UK. The man cannot be as extremely bad like you have painted him.

If we are to question the man about the current situation, what is the assurance that his version will not completely implicate you in this saga?

Woman, if indeed your husband is useless as described, you have to do the right thing before jumping on another man. What stops you divorcing your husband before thinking of loving another man?

Throughout this ordeal, I was seeing a guy who was with me throughout and loved me very much. We promised to be together forever, even though we both have kids.

And your Pastor didn't see anything wrong in dating a man while still married to another? He didn't rebuke you for this careless action?

Meanwhile, even if God send you husband from heaven, if your character is the problem in the first marriage, it will still hit the rock.

I wish you luck in your quest.

9 Likes

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 12, 2014
ojuetti:

A man of God will be trying to heal the rift between husband and wife. . .
You are still married to your husband
He will not be encouraging adultry. . . or does he not know that you are still married.
My dear I live in the UK too, so I know exactly what goes down.
You cant even open mouth and say such in front of a real man of God.
Please think about your kids. Its not in their best interest to be seeing different "uncles".
London is a very difficult place to bring up kids, talk less of when the mother is distracted.
We are not all against you as you are right, you know where the shoe pinches, but you dont solve a problem by introducng another problem.
This current boyfriend and the new husband you are about to meet and date, do you know what baggage they are bringng with them?
They are probably divorced too . . .do you know what caused their divorces?

5 Likes

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by mutter(f): 11:26am On Dec 12, 2014
Anyway giving it a second thought I don`t blame you. If you lived in Nigeria without your husband you are not really used to a marriage and so you will find it difficult to adjust.
Perhaps the husband just came for a few weeks, sprayed his money and was on his best behavior, now you came to UK things have changed and no one is putting on a show.
When we do things that are wrong we don`t want to be condemned yet you have to be told... Adultery is a sin and no pastor on earth can make it not to be a sin.
Now your pastor is even implying you try again till you get lucky.
By the way you realized in the UK that you could get financial support. In other words you did not need the man again therefore no need making the marriage work.
This welfare system has ruined many nigerian marriages, I swear! Women now prefer welfare alms to a husband.
And another question please, when he was working full time was he not paying the rent and other bills. It is very possible that he had nothing left to squander. What was your own money for?
So now we see how some men get so frustrated that the do drastic things.

1 Like

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by edwife(f): 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
ojuetti:

I can't believe i am reading this from a woman in her forties...

How naive are you?A man you were married to and have 4 kids with was not your husband? shocked shocked

To make matters worse you were having an affair with this man even when he knew you were still married.....and your "pastor" doesn't see anything wrong with that? undecided undecided

O dear,you really need to slow down and take care of your kids....If I were you i will leave men alone.... undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by coogar: 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
ojuetti:

this is what we have come to expect from fresh off the boat nigerian women. the motive is to get their papers & kick their husbands out so that they can be free to sleep around at will. 4 kids will now grow up without a father figure because of the prophesies of a fraudulent pastor.

oh dear....

2 Likes

Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by ojuetti: 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
@mutter, when he was with us, he worked full time and paid his own part of the bills like rent, council tax and all that, however apart from that, nothing else for me and the kids. he would have abandoned us without looking back if i had not contacted CSA to track him down and make him pay child maintenance, that's how bad he can be.
@edwife, My current partner is divorced, so he was like my comforter while I was going through all these, and as a woman, these things affected me a lot, else I would have suffered depression from deep thinking. I was weak and vulnerable. While not justifying seeing another man while married, i had no choice at the time. But a man who leaves his own woman to chase other women has created the opportunity for other men to chase his own.
Like I mentioned, my pastor is an elderly man that knows most of my travails. He had intervened on many occasions but things did not improve. My current partner is kind and caring.
Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by edwife(f): 1:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
ojuetti:
@mutter, when he was with us, he worked full time and paid his own part of the bills like rent, council tax and all that, however apart from that, nothing else for me and the kids. he would have abandoned us without looking back if i had not contacted CSA to track him down and make him pay child maintenance, that's how bad he can be.
@edwife, My current partner is divorced, so he was like my comforter while I was going through all these, and as a woman, these things affected me a lot, else I would have suffered depression from deep thinking. I was weak and vulnerable. While not justifying seeing another man while married, i had no choice at the time. But a man who leaves his own woman to chase other women has created the opportunity for other men to chase his own.
Like I mentioned, my pastor is an elderly man that knows most of my travails. He had intervened on many occasions but things did not improve. My current partner is kind and caring.

My dear,do you realise how hard it is for a man to work full time for hours abroad in order to bring over,pay rent and all that(foods,...) for a wife and 4 kids who are dependent on him? This man tried my sister....I have stories that will blow your mind,but nevertheless i won't go further on that....I won't judge.

The deed has been done and you need to find a sane and stable environment for you and your kids,i will suggest you stick with your current partner - as a divorced man,you two can try and make this works.

Please you need to start discerning messages thrown at you,not everything your pastor will say must be followed to the tee-
use the wisdom God gave you and know what's good or bad....

I am mostly worried about your kids,i am always against multiple partners introduced in their lives,it has serious repercussions in their future....

Trade with wisdom......it shall be well.
Re: Prophecy From My Pastor: To Heed Or Not To Heed by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Lady, I won't judge u.
All d best. Provided the children remains d first consideration.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Godly Advice Needed / Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe / Who Do You Like Most: Your Dad Or Your Mum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.